why am I the only person here who listens oldschool psytrance?

radi6404

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you so offensive, you stupid imbecile, I did not insult anyone here

:lol: Oh, the irony...

This is a topic that could have potential and would have room for discussion, and to add my few lines about the topic itself I will add:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrright. Who are you kidding?

Oh, Towelie, that pic fucking cranked me up. What the fuck! :lol:

I do have some goa albums, but it is difficult for me to buy a lot of albums since they are online, but one of my main goals for this year is to buy goa Albums of the artists which I listen mostly. I have four Simon Posford albums, some compilations, two Astral albums and a compilation by one of the Astral guys, I should have more but this will be the goal for this year.

Radster, you are so cool.

You are my hero. The last of the Goahicans.

Without you we'd all be lost in the fog of modern useless music outputs.

Carry the flag. Lead the way. Save our souls. Show us the light. Don't let us vanish in the night.

I am quite certain that with 4 Posford albums and two A.P. releases, you ought to be at the forefront of the old school crusading clan.

I listen to quite a lot of Goa & Psy but for me I prefer it when I'm out & about. Not inside where I have paper thin walls & don't want to annoy the neighbours.

I prefer more ambient when I'm in the house so that's what I'm usually listening to when I come here.

Still a goa lover though :)

Radster, you are so cool.

You are my hero. The last of the Goahicans.

Without you we'd all be lost in the fog of modern useless music outputs.

Carry the flag. Lead the way. Save our souls. Show us the light. Don't let us vanish in the night.

I am quite certain that with 4 Posford albums and two A.P. releases, you ought to be at the forefront of the old school crusading clan.

don´t be sarcastic man, I don´t have a lot goa albums but i will buy my favourite releases defintely, but it is very difficult to order internet stuff to my Bulgarian mailing address, I am not certain ti will arrive, I don´t even have a key for my postbox so it is always opened.

don´t be sarcastic man, I don´t have a lot goa albums but i will buy my favourite releases defintely, but it is very difficult to order internet stuff to my Bulgarian mailing address, I am not certain ti will arrive, I don´t even have a key for my postbox so it is always opened.

We need pictures, Radoslav.

I'm just playin' with ya radster-man!

And the reason for it is that you're asking a pretty dull question by asking "why am I the only person here who listens oldschool psytrance?", especially on a forum where there are hundreds of people who have hundreds upon hundreds of old school albums; ranging from classic and affirmed artists you ask about here (probably because you just recently discovered them), through to obscure, underground legends you'll get around to knowing in a few years.

Remember: if 200 people don't reply to your Slinky Wizard threads and their likes, it doesn't mean we/they don't like the respective artists. It's more of a fact that people have moved on, growed out of repeating the identical tracklists over and over again. A Slinky Wizard related topic would have been THE thing to discuss a decade ago... But today, anno 2008? Nah man, there are hotter names rotating in people CD players. At least in mine ;)

Having a good ol' fashioned goa trance thread every once in a while is great, but too much of everything gets boring.

So don't take me seriously. I'm just enjyoing a free sunday afternoon :)

Myself and many many many other people on this forum and the other psy/goa forums listen to oldschool a lot. I, personally, pretty much listen to oldschool exclusively... occasionally listening to a bit of new progressive.

There's not that much to talk about though... and I don't want to identify all my favourite unknown early 90s Goa tracks. It took me years to find out their names myself. ;)

Actually, just last week, a friend who went to India and Thailand in the 1990-1993 made me some CDs of mixtapes from the parties she went to. Proper oldschool :P

Don't feel alone though. There are many of us, we just don't shout about it =)

Actually, just last week, a friend who went to India and Thailand in the 1990-1993 made me some CDs of mixtapes from the parties she went to. Proper oldschool :P

drools... :rolleyes:

Myself and many many many other people on this forum and the other psy/goa forums listen to oldschool a lot. I, personally, pretty much listen to oldschool exclusively... occasionally listening to a bit of new progressive.

There's not that much to talk about though... and I don't want to identify all my favourite unknown early 90s Goa tracks. It took me years to find out their names myself. ;)

Don't feel alone though. There are many of us, we just don't shout about it =)

you´re damn lucky, I am sure the stuff is just magnificent, what was played on old sets is just unbelievable.

you´re damn lucky, I am sure the stuff is just magnificent, what was played on old sets is just unbelievable.

Hey, I was also wondering. Have you ever been to a psytrance party? You know, fluoro-clothes and design, freaks.

Hell yeah it was!

I loved the old parties so much. How music could keep me in rapture for days still amazes me.

Didn't spend much time in Goa but I prefer some of the Thai beach parties anyway :)

I still listen to it (as well as other music) but what's there to say about it really? You can only say "hallucinogen is killargh" so many times. Also, it seems to me a large chunk of the people here still listen to "oldschool" trance, I don't know why you assume we don't. It's just that most of us also listen to new music and people tend to talk about new things rather than dwelling on the past.