Beatless soft warm ambient

psytimeofmylife

An oldskool track I was just listening to: Jaïa - Sommeil Paradox

Yeah, thats a great album, The Answer is the best track from that album I've found.

The Answer is one of the best tracks ever :wub:

I would recommend:

Gas - Pop (very organic sounding beatless ambient, quite monotonous)

Pete Namlook & Bill Lasswell - Psychonavigation series (3 is the best imo)

Biosphere - Substrata

Secede - Tryshasla (warm and fuzzy, some beatless tracks)

• 1 month later...

Colourform - Visions Of Surya

The album was written as an imaginary series of pipe dreams experienced by a traveler in a strange far away land in a smoking house dreaming the day away and drifting between this world and the invisible worlds of the imagination. Its sound is at times eastern and exotic and evokes images of ancient temples , enchanted landscapes and the far east. Magic carpet music is one description I would use.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't understand why people like Biosphere's Substrata. I find that very weak.

Cirque and Shenzhou on the other hand though :wub:

May I also recommend Harold Budd's works. The White Arcades and The Pearl are currently my favourites.

We have quite a few beatless CDs in stock. I would recommend Music For a Busy Head by Matt Coldrick of Green Nuns fame. Another one I found atmospheric was Erabus and Terror, although this is definitely not 'warm'! It tells the story of two ships who became icebound whilst looking for the northwest passage. You can practically feel the ice when you listen to it. The Council of Nine releases we have are all beatless. Again, not particularly 'warm' though.

Great releases indeed. Music For A Busy Head is just what the topic starter is looking for I think :D

Have that one for sale... Double disc (remastered)... It's in perfect condition.... If I can find it again.

If someone wants it just say me what you are willing to give for it...

Greetz

Just got that 2CD. Had the original but wanted the bonus disc. It's nice :D

Michael Stearns - Planetary Unfolding (1981)

This is the holy grail of 'beatless soft warm ambient' music. The one album that everything else will be measured with.

Telomere - The Stellar Sea

Recent album inspired by the above album with use of same modular synth. Very nice spacemusic.

Steve Roach - Arc of Passion

Aside from some old classics, ambient doesn't get any better than Steve Roach at his best.

Pete Namlook & Dr. Atmo - Silence 1

Brilliant oldie from FAX.