Which track defines GOA Trance for you?!

NEMO.BOFH

I have had a long thought about this, and I came up with a lot of different tracks. After RadMaster opened up his thread I came to the conclusion!

Genetic - Transmission (Cops dont knock mix) written by Paul Jackson and Produced/Remixed by Man With No Name :)http://www.discogs.com/release/145718

the track is Majestic, its cocky, it gives you the feeling of Oriental music it gives you a feeling of clowns dancing and kings playing, it gives you that feeling that you get under the influence... Its the ONE AND ONLY track that will give me the feeling of wanting to be... (well figure haha) :D

Nice choice Nemo. To me Martin Freeland was THE master of Goa Trance.

I was actually thinking of this exact question today, before reading this topic, and for me the answer would be another remix by Man With No Name:

The Overlords - Naked People (Full Moon In Disco Valley Mix)

This track is bliss.

:)

At first i wanted to say that for me it would be Juono Reactor's "Mars" - for me it's a UNIVERSAL trance track, it's EPIC , you know.

But then i thought that i should check a track that reflects Indian/GOA spirit (that's what this thread is about i guess) - and i got it. It's Mystica's "Age of Innocence". (but then again it's just in my mind). This track influenced me a lot in the past, very thankful for it.

Astral Projection - Trance Dance

It fits my view of goa trance perfectly. Altho it is actually a remix of Trilithon's "Dance Trance" track, I don't really hear alot of similarities between the two, and that's why I think of it as a 99% AP tune. The remix was done so good it sounds like a completely different track. This track defines goa trance to me :)

This is actually a harder question ... to name one track that defines the whole Goa Trance genre. I'm tempted to mention Dimension 5, Astral, Man With No Name and Hallucinogen all at once...

But no, I will only name one. RA - Initiated. It has everything that I associate with Goa Trance. The structure, the synth effects ... maybe a bit too much noise channel in the effects here and there, characteristically it's less, but well. That's what Goa Trance is for me. I got into this stuff through music like this - Dimension 5 and such ... and I absolutely integrated this very special type of sound (which is different to Hallucinogen, Mwnn, Astral and all the others) as THE Goa Trance. It's integrated in my mind. Of couse other artists make Goa Trance aswell, but the first thing that pops into my mind whenever somebody mentions Goa Trance is this type of sound :)

When I'm trying to associate Goa with Psychedelia and Trance (I still have "classic" Trance roots), I think more and more about Dimension 5 - Omega Centaurus.

It has absolutely amazing Goa melodies (unbelievable ones I must say) which sound quite psychedelic to me. And it also has this Trance side with the higher pitched melodies (think about melodies associated with "classic" Trance, and take a step backwards, closer to Goa style).

I am still not 100% sure that this track defines Goa for me, but it gets to it closer and closer.

probably astral projection's mahadeva :)

it's not my fav'e track, but one of the first I (and many others) heard and made a huge impact at the time. still get nostalgic when I hear it...

e. changed my mind to mahadeva ^_^

For me, it was always between Hallucinogen - LSD and Sound Pollution - Where, but in the end Where has won out. Its just so beautifully produced, perfect! :D