Old uniquie classics

radi6404

Transwave - The Rezwalker (Black Thunder Mix) (1995)

SFX - We Are Controlling Transmission (1993)

Zyon - No Fate (Back From Goa Mix) (1992)

Dance 2 Trance - Hello San Francisco (1992)

Jam & Spoon - Odyssey to Anyoona (1994)

Humate - Love Stimulation (1993)

Age of Love - Age of Love (1990)

+ 1 000 000 :clapping:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well non-Goa tracks then these ones are classics.

Dance 2 Trance - We Came in Peace

Solar Quest - Acid Air Raid

Orbital - Remind

Balil - Parasight

Aphex Twin - Didgeridoo

Hardfloor - Acperience 1

Union Jack - Red Herring

I didn't like Age of Love much, somehow I find it somewhat like House. I prefer We Came in Peace if you're talking about the first few trance tracks.

magna? or magma

i dunno what the name is exactly would love it if one of you did.

tessaract label?

sucks it is one of my favorites passed to me by a great friend but he passed away so i can't find out what it is for sure.

still listen to it all the time. really old early psy sort of sound

Dual Mount - Magma

Tesseract Records

G-Trance (CD) Magma, Touch Me, Ephem... XSV Music 1995

Acid Flash Vol. 2 (2xCD, Dig) Southern Hemisphere Sub Terranean 1996

Ravermeister Vol. 3 (2xCD, Dig) Magma Sub Terranean 1996

Trancetrip Book 1 (2xCD) Magma XSV Music 1996

Hard Trance - The Electric Mindfuck (2xCD) Magma Arcade 1997

Tesseract Compilation III (CD) Magma Tesseract Records 1997

these maybe?

imo, this thread needs some minimal classics ;)

Intact Instinct - Chicago Coins Cinema

SBK - Morgenlatte

Tribal Tricks - STUGL

Atmos - The Only Process

Noma - Navigator

Charasmatix - Deläriüm

Amphasis - Matrix

Zerotonine - Der Exot

Well non-Goa tracks then these ones are classics.

I didn't like Age of Love much, somehow I find it somewhat like House. I prefer We Came in Peace if you're talking about the first few trance tracks.

well I can understand that people say that cause it was WAY overplayed by DJs around the world. Still when you keep in mind it was released at least 2-3 years BEFORE what are considered to be the first trance tracks it is amazing IMO. but to each their own I guess ;)

BTW does anyone else around here find that classic trance has aged less badly than oldschool goatrance?

No, goa trance has aged way less than classic trance, if you tell normal people to say when a tune is made they will say it is new or a few years old, however classic trance sounds simple.

yes but simple is beautiful ;)

And I don't agree with "if you tell normal people to say when a tune is made they will say it is new or a few years old"... cause oldschool CAN be defined without a doubt as having been made between 1996 and 1998, looking in restrospective it had some VERY stereotypical sounds and melodies.

On the other hand, stuff like Dance 2 Trance, Age of Love or Humate might be more simple yet the wide variety of sounds and melodies make it less easy to define the exact period they were made... further proof of this being that most classic trance tracks were regularly re-released for a decade and people still loved them whereas with most electronic music if you try re-releasing classics a few years later people are like "man this is so ooooold".

Now I'm NOT saying I don't like oldschool goatrance, far from it, just that if I were to play some oldies in a set today I'd be more inclined to put in some classical trance rather than goa.

Nah...classic and acid trance had less layers and didn't push it as much as Goa did, take any Etnica or Hallucinogen track. The layers, the sounds, the psychedelica, can't be matched by classic trance. I feel that classic trance gained wider acceptance because its easier to appreciate, the sounds are more familiar than the psychedelic, outwordly sounds used in Goa tracks. Ofcourse I'm not saying classic trance wasn't good, but Goa is IMHO better :P

Nah...classic and acid trance had less layers and didn't push it as much as Goa did, take any Etnica or Hallucinogen track. The layers, the sounds, the psychedelica, can't be matched by classic trance. I feel that classic trance gained wider acceptance because its easier to appreciate, the sounds are more familiar than the psychedelic, outwordly sounds used in Goa tracks. Ofcourse I'm not saying classic trance wasn't good, but Goa is IMHO better :P

+1 ofcourse

Okay so let's contribute to this thread...

Chi-A.D. - Exit Eternity : Can't believe no one mentioned it! :angry:

Man With No Name - Own The World : This track has the best 30 seconds ever made in the middle somewhere :lol:

Astral Projection - Still Dreaming

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Cor! : the greatest madness ever

+the whole Trilithon - 4cast album!!!

Charm - Brain Structure...nice melodic tracks, with a interesting breakdown and some squealing synths.