laptop soundcard?

Damn, that is so good to hear!

I am working on the Konnekt series, and lately we have had sooo much bad publicity. The following is the reason why, and the reason why you should think hard about getting one (yes, I am loyal to TC, but if people have bad experiences with our products, it hurts us just as bad...)

- The drivers have been less than perfect. I can't give you any official explainations as to why, but they are much much better now than only a couple of months back.

- There are PCs out there (macs are fine) that have a chipset that is unsuited for audio over firewire in the format the Konnekts (and other interfaces...) use.

- People are unsure about the features of the Konnekts, and think they are not working when, in fact, they are using them wrong.

That being said, the Konnekts are really cool I/O interfaces. They have excellent converters and pre-amps, and a feature set that is quite impressive considering the price. The Konnekt8 aside, the DSP processing is a great tool, and a very cheap way of acquiring high-end quality plugs (reverb and compresser/de-esser/EQ) - I use the reverb *quite* a lot, and it puts Logics platinum reverb to shame ;)

-A

well,

i am using it on a pc and it works like a charm. We tried it on one laptop for 5 seconds and it gave some glitches. But we didnt look into it well at all. Too bad you are having problems with the drivers.

Isnt the chipset problem very common in general? i had huge chipset problems with m-audio audiophile 2496 usb before. So much i sold it. And got the konnekt 8.

the DSP processing is a great tool, and a very cheap way of acquiring high-end quality plugs (reverb and compresser/de-esser/EQ) - I use the reverb *quite* a lot, and it puts Logics platinum reverb to shame ;)

what u mean 'acquiring'... explain more thoroughly plz

u mean something totally else than konnekt 8, but a TC product right? like their own vsts?

u mean something totally else than konnekt 8, but a TC product right? like their own vsts?

i think he is referring to the konnekt 24.. But as far as i understood you can only use these dsp effects when recording external instruments. please correct me if i am wrong.

check here for the konnekt 24

The Konnekt 24D, Live, and StudioKonnekt has built in DSP processing, meaning the reverb and compressor/de-esser/EQ runs on the actual Konnekt. These effects can be applied on the inputs directly, but can also be set to "plug-in mode", so they can be used on any source from your DAW in cubase/Logic/whatever, just like a regular plug-in. Mind you, only one instance of reverb, and one compresser/de-esser/EQ (except the StudioKonnekt has two of the latter). The Konnekt 8 does not have this option.

i think he is referring to the konnekt 24.. But as far as i understood you can only use these dsp effects when recording external instruments. please correct me if i am wrong.

check here for the konnekt 24

Read above - you can use them as a sort-of native plugin, but it will not work when bouncing in offline mode - only realtime :)

BTW, check out the Desktop Konnekt 6 for a small I/O interface... It's quite nice:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/DesktopKonnekt6

- A

can anybody confirm that konnekt 8 runs fine with laptops (MSI) and vista?

Oooh... Well, not yet. Vista being sooo immensely crappy has been hard to port to. I think the drivers work fine, and the interfaces to it - but quite honestly, the guys doing the TCNear control panel (that would be me), have been way to busy to do vista-support. It's coming though, but with the release of Desktop Konnekt and all, there is just not enough hours in one day.

- A