Samples that you never want to hear again....

TRohr

I can't stand all of these well known samples anymore ... Matrix, Terrence McKenna and all the likes ... horrible. I don't even find that "to stay awake and play for seven days"-sample attractive anymore. Same goes for the ethno-samples from "that sample CD" (everybody refers to it as that) of which some chill artists were using the same ones all the time. Freakin' annoying. Samples should only be used once, that's what I think. Okay, maybe twice, because the chance for a listener to get to know both songs more or less at the same time is not that likely. That's okay. But not more often, it gets annoying.

I actually find that many of the artists I like to listen to use samples wisely and originally. S-Range, Matenda, Atmos, Magnetrixx, Shiva Chandra ... they don't use all the same generic stuff but original and new samples which haven't been heard a hundred times before ... some of them (the latter three) even play with samples, use speech as a kind of element in their songs. That's what I like aswell.

'Fuck that Matrix sample and that lazy producer'

haha, this is actually one of the best ideas for a sample itself :lol:

sick to death of police sirens.... be it trance or techno....grrrr

would like to hear more Slayer samples:)

I have only hear police sirens in Mos 6581 & it is fantastic :wub: