Samples that you never want to hear again....

TRohr

Matrix samples. I am so sick of them; they completely ruin music for me, but they're not nearly as bad as the "OOOH~WAH AH AH AH" Disturbed sample I heard on my Ipod the other day.... Can't quite remember the name of the track. When it boils down I guess I hate any mainstream sample that I have heard before. Decent, original samples are not that hard to find. Hell, people should just start making their own voice recordings.

A fucking baby laughing/crying. Why in the FUCK would you put those samples in your tracks?!? (sorry they super piss me off, instantly ruins the song)

What about best samples? Orgon Flow - We Are Clones, thats really cool. Well done on that track.

Protoculture - Terra Tronics, the vocals are 5 minutes into the music change is plain beautiful there.

Dune...traveling without moving...

Not that I hate it, but I heard it like a million times ^^

that is indeed pretty overdone. if ever get good at making music id like to record myself reading passages of the dune books in an ominous voice, there'd be so much great material. also i dont think there are enough tracks (if any) that sample the new battlestar galactica--there are some lines in that show that would go perfectly in psy tracks.

THAT sample from the 6th sense used in all the Alien Project / Safi Connection DNA tracks: "You shouldn't look at people, it makes them feel bad. Stop looking at me...Stottering Stanley, stottering Stanley..." THAT one made me sick for 1 year. Never again.

That other one from the 51st state: "my product is 51 times more hallucinogenic than acid....it's like having a visit from Gooood"...overheard

And in general all the samples where people are shouting (japanese movie samples for example made me deter from some Talamsca tracks)

On the other hand, the Fear & Loathing / Dune samples are no problem to me. Matrix is ok too as long as it's not the usual blue pill one

McKenna. I mean, the guy was one of the shining stars of psychedelia but man, how many MORE TRACKS ARE THERE GONNA BE... THeres only so much one can hear about DMT before you're like, "Yes, yes, we KNOW ALREADY..."

Theres one track w/ matrix samples taht I think is pretty good, 9West's track off "Nuance" (the dreaded blue/red pills), it just seems to work in that one, but for the most part yeah, same as McKenna...

Basically anything from any overblown big budget Hollywood movie seems like a lack of trying IMO. Its like stealing the feelings invoked from that movie that everyone's probably seen, so everyone knows what to expect. Try digging a little harder, producers! Theres plenty of great movies out there that aren't huge names.

But, discounting a track just because it happens to have a certain sample, without first really listening to it, is pretty lame too. Give it a shot before you just say 'Fuck that Matrix sample and that lazy producer'.

sick to death of police sirens.... be it trance or techno....grrrr

would like to hear more Slayer samples:)

sick to death of police sirens.... be it trance or techno....grrrr

Police sirens can be used in pretty interesting ways, especially at house parties ;]. Have them run in the background and they can bring that natural fear of police welling up, especially if your mind is already blown.