How do you listen to music?

abasio

and I enjoy very much taking a small toke of DMT at the beginning of each track - so each track unfolds along with a different manifestation of a low-level DMT space, and I can enter quite deep into the music - the music takes on an expanded dimension...

wouldn't that be a waste of the precious substance? I mean, using it to listen to music.. it sounds like a waste to me.

But then again, maybe you have some massive amounts, which would make you really really lucky :)

A high octane guy? I quite understand, I used to be just like you. All chillout bored me to tears. then my bubble burst, the weight of the world was thrust upon me & my tastes got more & more chilled as the years went by. It's nice if this never happens to you but the music is really deep & really really psychedelic.

IMO ambient is much more psychedelic than any uptempo music

Man, I had and have unpleasant moments, all the time, some small, some bigger, fall 2007 was quite awful for me, I am often frustrated and from time to time I have bad thoughts but the best way to relax when I am apsolutely down is to play booming oldschool or newschool.

• 5 months later...

The way I have listened to music has definitely changed and for the better as well. When I started reviewing I focused a lot more resulting in hearing & feeling a lot more, something I used to only managed on drugs.

After I started DJing I found that even without effort I seemed to hear everything in a track & compare it to others I know. I often find myself completely lost while listening to music. Which is great when you need an escape from life :D

Really depends, if it's an album I've been waiting, I usually take the time with it(For example, Juno Reactor - Gods And Monsters, and oh boy, was that an awesome journey) so I could get in the music.

Usually I just put something new to play on the background and if I like it A LOT, I might give it the time(For example, Artifakt - Magus).

Without any drugs etc. of course.