Der Dtitte Raum

I hate to be negative... But WHY is this guy in the review section? Children you outta remove this pop 80's dance disco. This has nothing to do with goa or psychedellic trance... this is wasted hard disk space.

Guest parhelion

well, Tsuyoshi Suzuki seemed to like one of their songs well enough to put it in an old mix of his. In my opionion, Der Dritte Raum have a very unique sound and is comparable to any "goa" artist out there (talent wise).

Have you listened to a full album? yeah, some of it's got that old minimalistic feeling like you described...I happen to love it :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with wasting a whopping 40K to review artists that can likely appeal to an audience like ours.

-jeremy

Guest Elysium Project

Actually Der Dritte Raum has always been considered a part of the goa morning scene..... I just guess that some of you "new" people don't really understand it.

Guest The Evil Dr. Krelm

Der Dritte Raum definitely belongs on this site. It's not typical psy/goa sound, but it's a far cry from "pop 80's dance disco". Listen to their stuff with an open mind. They have had plenty of releases on so-called "goa" labels. Not my favorite stuff, but just as fitting here as anything else. Hard drive space well-used.

E.P., how long have they been putting material out? I've only seen tracks dating back to the early/mid-90s from them.

Guest AutoMath

What I hate with some of the newcomers in this scene is their narrowminded approach and way to look upon and judge things, Also the fact that they are ignorant and think they know everything. Try to listen and learn, question and debate. But just don't make plain silly-ass statements like if you know what you are talking about, when you actually don't. Why the @!#$ should people be interested in listening to nothing exept formulaistic goa? Probably a teenage thing I guess.

sorry for being a wize-ass, not-so-nice person today.

Guest Elysium Project

It has something to do with that some of those new "kids" actually come from countries where goa/psy is very new. Here in Europe and Asia too we have had a expanding scene the last 9-10 years and many people have been into the music for quite a while... In (and this is not to generalise) USA and many ex. east european countries the scene is very new and not very big so it is obvious that many of the new people from this part of the world really do not know the history and the many "old" artists of our scene.

Der Dritte Raum influenced all the new progressive producers like Son Kite, listen top Trommelmaschimne and compare it to old Son kite stuff, you´ll see what i mean