VA - No Possible Soundz Vol. 3

yerg

Posted Image

Label: 6-Dimension Sound

Catalog#: 6DSCD09

Released: Jan 2008

This compilation album was composed by all the great Finish artists. Once you listen to this album, you will be amazed at what you are hearing!! This is absolutely the greatest NO POSSIBLE SOUNDS ever. 6 Dimension Soundz will lead you into a completely new trance world. And you will realise its unique way of sound with their own special style. Suomi trance is now growing more and more. Once you listen to this album, you are sure to be addicted to this new sound.

(Taken from 6d-soundz.org)

Below are my personal feelings about this Amazing compilation, full of colourfull structures and restless rhythms.

1. Calamar Audio and Okta - Sesto Sunshine (145)

First track is light and enjoyable (in comparison to other tracks in this comp.). Melodies come and leave with a whispering sound on the background. A sample used in the middle gives me a real feeling that i'm listenning to Suomi right now :rolleyes: . A very well crafted track and perfect for beginning.

2. Igor Swamp - Ollaanko (150)

Faster and nutter than the previous. Many fresh samples used here. Trying to cast the melody but suddenly slips into freakish monstrous sounds, and this repeats again and again in various forms... Swampy Trance?

3. Nano Buds - Iakupekka (149)

Well... This one sounds really strange to me-). Bassline makes it sound gloomy, but crazy sounds push a bit higher. The end is really paranoic, but that's not that bad (you just got to have right sense of humour for this track).

4. Salakavala - Teboil (147)

This Finish project always amazed me and continues...

Smart but still freaky sounding made this track one of my all time favourites.

Dancefloor killer? Yes! Mental killer? Yes!

5. Mandalavandalz - Shingen Takeda (146)

In the beginning - d'n'b influences. But creativity comes next when Rockabilly strikes right in the spot. Controversial track but very inspiring. Floating everywhere it can, truly psychedelic approach. Last 2 minutes bring melody which floats very sensually accompinied by deep strings. The beat changes for a few seconds and track goes off. Great ride i'd say.

6. Finski Disco - Speaking in Lungs (152)

Another paranoid.-) But i like it very much. I can't speak Finnish but i'd like to learn few phrases just to reflect the feeling.It's a monster track, or a track for monsters. :lol:

7. Odd Harmonic - Psy Psuckers (143)

PSYkedelik, PSYkedelik! -) These guys kinda laugh or cry of the whole world of psychedelic music and way of life. Deep and harmonious, openminded and kind, and at the same time terrifying with the possibilities it gives and dimensions it can take you.

8. Notkea Rotta - Kaupungin Vauhdissa (Pentti Slayers Kalsium Remix)(148)

It has strong synth line in the middle, which is very good, after confidently moves to the end. This one seemed shorter than others but it's not about the time it's about the content, still pretty decent track.

My finish friends, if anyone could translate the title of the track, please.

9. Squaremeat - Mankeli (148)

For me this track reminds of oldschool goa. But this is Squaremeat, they just can't be 100% oldschool. Experimentation starts in the middle with stealthy sounds and then you are interrupted with "Lock on target" command, and it lifts all sounds higher bringing us great listennig experience.

10. Flying Scorpions - Adhd Adults (145)

Starts with nice groovy beats. Deep psychedelic synth-melody grows on me more and more, very good. Female voice trembles giving you bright feelings inside. This one is for Active Meditation, for sure. I'd like to advice everyone to hear this track. I'll defanately play this at the next open-air party near in the forest. :drama: :posford:

11. Dirty Dreds - Dracula Trance (140)

Welcome to Trancesylvania.

Slow (considering BPM) but very very intense (considering content). It just blew my mind and trance-). After this you can really say that you-ve just experienced all 6 dimensions of sound.

No Possible Soundz vol. 3 is very rich and complex.

Mindfood! That's what we need, and 6D Sounds give us the allmighty 11 tracks tripping through alien forests.

Favourites: Salakavala "Teboil" and Flying Scorpions "Adhd Adults"

8. Notkea Rotta - Kaupungin Vauhdissa (Pentti Slayers Kalsium Remix)(148)

It has strong synth line in the middle, which is very good, after confidently moves to the end. This one seemed shorter than others but it's not about the time it's about the content, still pretty decent track.

My finish friends, if anyone could translate the title of the track, please.

Hmm, the title is rougly translated as In the speed of the city (or actually that's the direct translation). Could be something like On the run of the city or something. For some reason I am having troubles of translating this :D

The original track is by Notkea Rotta (well duh :rolleyes: ), a finnish rap group.

From last.fm;

"The group mixes humour and comedy in their brand of hip hop, crafting original (and largely fictional) rap saga of the underground culture in the east side of Helsinki. Notkea Rotta heavily parodies - or pays tribute to - American gangsta rap."

But back on topic. I like this compilation. Even more than the first one. The only track that I don't like at all is the Odd Harmonic one.

4/5 :posford:

Hmm, the title is rougly translated as In the speed of the city (or actually that's the direct translation). Could be something like On the run of the city or something. For some reason I am having troubles of translating this :D

The original track is by Notkea Rotta (well duh :rolleyes: ), a finnish rap group.

From last.fm;

"The group mixes humour and comedy in their brand of hip hop, crafting original (and largely fictional) rap saga of the underground culture in the east side of Helsinki. Notkea Rotta heavily parodies - or pays tribute to - American gangsta rap."

But back on topic. I like this compilation. Even more than the first one. The only track that I don't like at all is the Odd Harmonic one.

4/5 :posford:

Thanks a lot, it was very helpfull.

And yes, I can understand that Odd Harmonic's track is not everyone's cup of tea.

By the way, Pentti made a great remix, love it. :posford:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, it was very helpfull.

And yes, I can understand that Odd Harmonic's track is not everyone's cup of tea.

By the way, Pentti made a great remix, love it. :posford:

am i the only one who does like this track?

• 1 month later...

Suomi All Stars!!!

Nice comp, very tasty! Calamar Audio and Onka's track is awesome. With a beautiful liquid bass.

Mandalavandalz is as crazy as it gets. Wait! Finski Disco is even crazier!

Squaremeat are great as always, and this track is kind of spooky.

Flying Scorpions' track is really, really good, but the best track is Dracula Trance!!! Super! One of the best of 2008!