Chi-AD Earth Crossing

Here's the official word... CHI-A.D. have no firm commitments that I am aware of regarding the full-length album... I released Liquid Neon Sky and Book of Eden (both from Earth Crossing) on 12" just last month - the vinyl is out, but we're having incredible times getting any distributor interested. They keep telling us "no one buys goa any more" and "especially not vinyl". Well, how can we deal if they don't want to deal? So we've had to go to online stores direct, which can take some time... and the expense involved for the stores is sometimes too much - the market is saturated with vinyl releases that are kinda low-budget: plain covers, plain labels, etc... the 12"s we printed up have glossy full-colour covers and labels, and the sound is good... the downside: they were bloody expensive! And since we're in CANADA its costing an extra fortune to get them to European stores... and this makes it difficult for many stores, who are experiencing lower sales, to want to take a risk on a slightly more costly release... now that's a lot of blah about the single, so what about the album you ask? Well, the guys told me that if sales go well for the single, they'd be interested in possibly dropping an album when the time is right... I wouldn't presume to say that would necessarily be us of course, but if things go well we'd probably be one of the few crews wanting both a CD and vinyl release for the full-length album (BTW: the single is vinyl only because the songs would be included on the CD! but that won't come unless the vinyl sells! catch 22)... if things fall apart then chances are you'll just have to scrape up the tracks from scattered compilations (and if you're like me - someone who BUYs music - thats pretty tough to do)...

Hope that helps to clear it up... I think the general answer is that there WILL be an album, SOME day, not necessarily called "Earth Crossing"... but if you'd like it sooner rather than later, and you're a vinyl buyer, then check us out... we're currently doing plenty of private orders of small quantities, so if anyone wants a box of 6 or 12 or something, contact us by email! And for everyone else interested in the single but only wanted to pick it up with their regular orders... well its at chaosexistence in oregon, and hopefully in some weeks we'll be able to pressure some other European stores to pick up some as well (emailing these places and requesting the release could help!)... peaze

Basilisk

(on behalf of Ektoplazm Records)

PS we've made no promo postings anywhere since we didn't want to taunt anyone with releases that aren't yet available in Europe... thats the whole reason for the delay, just so y'all know!

Guest kingdok

Thanks for that very detailed answer, Basikisk. 'Couldn't have come from a more reputable source!

I was just curious, as I purchased that single from the aforementioned chaosexistence this morning. I was almost certain those tracks would show up on the CD, but wound up buying the 12" anyway, impatient junkie that I am.

Whether I wind up with repeat tracks or no, I feel a little better now, having marginally tilted the scales in favor of a full-length Chi-Ad album. Yay me. Yay, Chi-AD!

• 12 years later...

Is there any album as good as this one out there? As of this moment I can't think of even a single album which makes me feel the way this one does. Not even my beloved Etnica,Pleiadians :o

Please! Suggest me something on the similar lines. TIA :)

Interesting, I thought I remembered seeing the album offered for sale on Chi-A.D.'s website many years ago as a download, so I've always assumed it was mastered, but maybe just not released on a label. If I listened to any samples at the time I don't remember, so I really have no idea how it sounds.