Party in the forest!

DNAlevelC

Me and my friend are going to the local festival campground, Nelsons Ledges. This camp ground is out of every surrounding police stations jurisdiction, so you can imagine what goes on there. Anyway, they have a festival usually every weekend. Me and my friend go every year to a very special festival known as the early bird gathering(or the 420 fest). It's 3 days long( or 4 if you go a day early) and lose yourself in the forest the entire time. Last year we went over 48 hours with nonstop trance and had the best time of our lives. this year we plan to do the same, only now we want new music. I've been looking for music lately, from some artists i was told i would love, wizack twizack, the nommons, electrypnose, flower powder, that kind of stuff. the problem is i want mixes and compilations, not full albums, so i need to find a site to download this music, but first i need more people to search for. i have the obvious artists, 1200 micrograms, infected mushroom, astrix, but i need more. any ideas on what websites to go to so i can find some good music? i'm really intrested in wichdokta and deedrah, and the most important question, whats the best thing to listen to when your hiding in the woods for 4 days and what dark trance would you recommend? thanks alot guys!

Well, I can tell you now that you're not likely to find anyone on here who will help you download commercial releases. Most of us are diehard hardcopy collectors, hehe! But you can find tons of mixes here on Psynews in the DJ Promotion section! Also if you're looking for harder squidgier night stomper stuff check http://www.triplag.com/4room they're totally dedicated to that sound over there!

For some good dark stuff:

Penta

Ghreg on Earth

Derango

Hallucinogenic Horses

Jahbo

Deviant Species

Scorb

Terminator

Mubali

Fractal Cowboys

DarkPsy

Quasar

Parasense

Kindzadza

Attoya

Guinea Pigs

Atriohm

Dominator

CPC

Kiriyama

OSOM

Xyla

Zik/Matutero/Horror Place/Adrenal Glands (all same guy, different projects)

Furious

Candy Power

Innersound

Fraktal Noise

Megalopsy

Frantic Noise

Metallaxis

Polyphonia

Red

Cymazz

Claw

MWS

Imaginary Sight

Blisargon Demogorgon

Para Halu

Trippiehippies

Hagenith

Kerberos

Narcosis

Highko

Whicked Hayo

Fearkiller

Stereographic

Baphomet Engine

Datakult

Thats a good amount... I can keep going for a while... Check out www.psyshop.com, www.beatspace.com, www.saikosounds.com, or www.wirikuta.at for commercial releases. Check www.discogs.com for more info on any of the above artists. If its comps you want, just search for any of these artists on any of the shops I named.

Happy weirdifying!

also, tons of completely free stuff here: http://www.ektoplazm.com B)

whats the best thing to listen to when your hiding in the woods for 4 days and what dark trance would you recommend?

Gappeq!

:ph34r:

I would never listen to dark psy or full on in the forest, that is like waste of time.

Some ambient, downtempo, old school trance, dream trance, goa trance would be most appropriate for me.

Every time I was tripping in the forest I brought cream crop of those music. You need something enlightening, melodic, spiritual, not random noizez thrown here and there, combined with heavy drum machines. Maybe some forest psychedelic trance would do, but not too agressive. But, different strokes for different folks. I am simply not able to enjoy in nature with fast, wild and too dark music. When you want to switch off the festival and go wander in the forest by yourself or with a friend the last thing you need is more violent beats. But, as I said, everyone thinks different.

For me, the ultimate forest sound is Derango.

+1000

totally agree!

I also find Procs very fitting for a dark nights deep in the forest!

though some good organic ambient will not be bad either.... but its just two very different things! But why not listen to both (ambient for the day-time ;) )

but night/"dark" "goa" like:

Battle Of The Future Buddhas

or

Ka-Sol

would also be bloody nice!!!

Me and my friend are going to the local festival campground, Nelsons Ledges.

good to see another NE ohio resident on here. this place is like half an hour from where i live, although ive never been there...is there anywhere i can find out what events are coming up?

You can find all the events of the spring/summer/early fall at www.nlqp.com. If you haven't been there b4 it's imprtant to remember that there is really no rules as far as legalities go.. People will walk into your camp site at all hours of the night and try to sell you shit, and theres no nicknames for things out there. I would deff suggest going during a festival to get the full experience, and don;t forget to go check out the stage by the beach, lights and good music. not normally trance or techno, but always something good to hear. and above all, BE CAREFUL! i've never been to the ledges without hearing about someone either oding or walking off one of the cliffs at the caves. O yea, and make sure you don;t set your tent up on a trail, we did that last year not realizing it and there was never a break from random travelers. and thanks to everyone who gave me ideas. endoplzam.com has been my new favorite site. the compilations are amazing, the news is wonderful, and they even have bios on dj's. one more thing, what do you guys think about astriel projection? i'm seeing the name everywhere but can't get any opinions on him. and i almost forgot, we tend to not bring the music with us into the woods. it's too dark and too dangerous to be that out of reality in those woods, and very rarely go into the thick partsd of the woods at night. and we both love the dark trance, but thast for 3 in the morning when other people are going to sleep or passed out and the fire is raging 5 feet in the air. thanks for the help!

+ π ( 3.14159265358979323846… ) :clapping: :posford:

Isn't that God's number??? :rolleyes:

what do you guys think about astriel projection? i'm seeing the name everywhere but can't get any opinions on him.

Astral Projection?? I guess so :P

I like their early out-put The Astral Files, Trust In Trance, Dancing Galaxy and to some degree Another World, but after that... no I don't like what I have heard! But for sure those guys are some of the "big stars" of the old Israeli scene and I guess Goa in general. One of the acts I listen to most back in the 90'ies, try it out. Maybe also their older stuff one of the members was involved in SFX :)

Gappeq!

:ph34r:

yes yes and yes. if you're looking for a good trip in the forest please take this cd along.. you never know, the blair witch might join you for a dance as well

and derango ofcourse . :lol:

wow these are all SF people

Penta

Ghreg on Earth

Mubali

Fractal Cowboys

Quasar

except Quasar is one half of the Fractal Cowboys - oh i guess he does have one album solo? i think i have it- it is serious headbanging noise i think. WAIT- got it here, lemme listen real quick

yeah, not bad, very heavy beats. yep, it is not making me want to turn it off, nice stuff. about to turn it up!

the Ghreg stuff i have is pretty old, (somebody gave me his first pre release) not bad but i thought it wasn't that dark. have to imagine he is though, he told me his main influences before psy were heavy metal type stuff

i dunno what folks think of these guys but one with a few dark tracks i like

DARK SOHO