New Psychedelic Track Finished!

Bioshift

Hey,

this track feels a little chaotic. Doesnt mean its bad, but I am missing some kind of direction. Also you should watch your overall levels, dont let it go above the 0 dB mark, else you will get these clipping sounds. Well, you got some good ideas, but the track sounds unfinished. Keep working on it :)

Hey Cyb,

Thanks For The Help I'll Try To Make It Better When I Get Some Time To Spare.

I Always Wonder How You Have Done All The Trax You Have At Your Website.

I Try And Figure Out How You Produced All Those Crazy Sounds. :blink:

Quick Question: Do You Have Any New Trax Or A New Album Coming Out Soon?

I Would Love To Hear It. :clapping: :posford:

Thanx

Does Any One You Know How To Master Trax?

Mastering is like looking for the holy grail.

In most parts of audio engineering, there is no right or wrong just a personal style you have to develop and try to exclude the "experimental" sound.

Mastering is the only thing that is uniform, it makes your track fit into a genre.

Mastering is different for every genre, and imo, has mostly to do with loudness and use of specific plugins (mostly compressors, EQ & limiters), after you mixed the track.

take my advise with an open mind,

But here is how I most of the time try to handle mastering.

1. first i create my tracks

2. I mix them, add FX plugins (reverb, delay, etc)

then the track is finished.

3. finally, i add multiband compressor on the master to make it louder and adjust tonal balance, I use limiters, compressors & EQ's on track channels if the multiband makes my previous unmastered mix clip.

don't take this way of working as true audio mastering, but just talking from a noob to a noob, this is a good way to start.

AS far as i understand it, mastering is adjusting your audiolevels & tonal balance to make it fit in the genre you are producing.

I noticed you can't just learn this in 1 day, not even in several years. It's very technical, with no creative input, so most of the time, i don't feel motivated enough to care about it.

The waves budle with the linear phase multibandcompressor is what i use most of the times, but i suggest you start with something else, cause this plugin is fucking insane, very good, but very difficult, i don't even fully understand it,i just stick to my presets that worked in the past for the genre i'm making and start from there to adjust my track.

+it is really expensive, luckely the company i work for has a license so i got it free.

I hope this helped

I just listened to some of your tracks.

I like the atmosphere you are trying to create, but your mix is seriously fucked up man.

You're way too loud, and you need to cut off some frequencies on your VST channels( with EQ).

I don't know what sequencer you are using, but it sounds like fruityloops, here is what i suggest, give it a try, (if it's fruityloops):

-send all your tracks to a seperate FX channel.

-turn off all FX plugins

-close all the faders

-start mixing your tracks, fader by fader, stay under 0Db, RED = wrong, that's about the only absolute rule in (digital) audio, aim for -6 to -3 Db.

-turn on the FX again and remix if needed.

-use the fruity multiband compressor on the master channel (standard in FLstudio 7), and use the preset "mastering 6Db". You can play around with it to get a desired loudness effect.

-add parametric EQ 2 & Db meter to every channel (you can also use the send channels if you have percussion sets spread over different FX channels)

-start your track, and experiment with the parametric EQ (don't create a mount everest, use it subtle) and watch the Db meter.

in the FX mixer you can easily solo a channel by rightclicking the green dot under the Db meter. The FX mixer has Db meters but i prefer to use the fruity Db meter plugin because the numbers are next to it, it's more accurate.

(some VST's in your tracks need to be cutted on high frequencies, try as much settings as possible, it is impossible to do a decent EQ in 10 sec., at least for me :rolleyes: )

-If a VST still sounds too distant or loud, use a compressor or limiter. Don't start compressing everything, i only use it when i think i need to, while an EQ is almost on every channel.

happy experimenting.

Click Here if you want to listen to some music i made. (evolution & the abyss suck, other tracks are decent, medusa is my personal fav.)