X-Dream's old material is Full-On

Goa Bill

I have been playing X-Dream's "Best of" album and I have to admit that most of it sounds Full-On to me. Obviously top of the crop Full-On but Full-On nonetheless.

Examples you want? We created our own happiness, Out there we're stoned, Panic in paradise and probably more.

Discuss???

:ph34r:

I have been playing X-Dream's "Best of" album and I have to admit that most of it sounds Full-On to me. Obviously top of the crop Full-On but Full-On nonetheless.

Examples you want? We created our own happiness, Out there we're stoned, Panic in paradise and probably more.

Discuss???

How you define full-on? Is it 16th bassline that is decisive, or other criteria?

Same way as you define a cake as tasty.

It's just is.

So, there's nothing to discuss then, if you put it that way.

I can't see how you can label it 'full-on', unless you mean it in the original sense of the term, which is something like 'energetic', 'in-yer-face', 'dynamic' etc...

So, there's nothing to discuss then, if you put it that way.

I can't see how you can label it 'full-on', unless you mean it in the original sense of the term, which is something like 'energetic', 'in-yer-face', 'dynamic' etc...

exact0r :)

From psychedelic full on to electro minimal, they are versatile ! :posford:

Very much so. In fact, versatility is what X-Dream has always been about. Just listen to Children Of The Last Generation, put on We Created Our Own Happiness after, let X Ray Eyes be the follwing tune and close the mini session with Thorazin...

I mean, W - O - W - ! :posford:

In fact, I don't agree with ecstasio's statement here that Rough & Rush were "...way better than most other. In their period.", because in my opinion X-Dream's time is not nearly done.

I would be very surprised if the electro/minimal clash was the maximum they can give.

But then, Out Here We Are Stoned and Panic In Paradise do have a certain full onish feel, true, I never came around to noticing it up until last night. Good point, thread starter.

Discuss???

Yes, X-dream is fullon, and I do´t like their tracks because they are too nervous, too.

...and I do´t like their tracks because they are too nervous, too.

It figures. You seem like you're a relaxed kind of guy, so no wonder you don't like them...

X-Dream full-on? I don't think so. Not in the modern sense of the term anyhow.

in 2000 my music was described as full on, listen to it now ;) it has NOTHING to do with Full On :D The modern "Full On" just stole the name hehe.

Full On Yes! Fullon No!

Early X-Dream stuff has lot & lots of energy. Exactly like what we used to say was full on.

It's a shame that fullon became a genre ruining the reviews.

Someone like Radi (quite new to the scene) goes into the reviews, sees old reviews describing music as full on & automatoically assume it means 16th note bassline genreic fullon shite.

Damn names <_<

Yo' mama's full-on. Full on my crizotch.

:lol:

Ja, I don't listen to old X-Dream - it's a bit too "happy happy joy joy" for me - but from what I remember it was neither the old nor the new definition of "full-on", but closer to the former. Been a while, though.

Ja, I don't listen to old X-Dream - it's a bit too "happy happy joy joy" for me - but from what I remember it was neither the old nor the new definition of "full-on", but closer to the former. Been a while, though.

:unsure:

You need to refresh your memory old man :P

Discuss???

fullon has always been goa but a next step further, faster, harder...

who knows in 5 years they won't call skazi full on anymore :lol: if you know what I mean ;)

not saying no, not saying yes...

If this is fullon then so is astral projection, mfg etc...

are the various compilations fullon 1 - 6 with tracks like cyble - well done, yahel - la esperanza,

also considered as full on

in this period of time ???

Discuss :ph34r:

Probably. I just remember Trip to Trancesylvania being very cheesy and We Created Our Own Happiness being only a little bit better.

:o

Go listen to CHILDREN OF THE LAST GENERATION and come back and say that is cheesy. :P

I won't even comment about WE CREATED OUR OWN HAPPINESS... a little bit better ? It is frikkin' amazin'. :P