Smooth Dreamy Techno Set

GaySatanicHippie

Hi, even though I just posted a set 10 days ago here comes another one. I was sick for a couple days, so I had some time on my hands to record this 2 and a half hour long set called "Geschichten aus La-La-Land" ("Stories from La-La-Land"). It kinda reflects the melancholic sick mood I was in and I'm sure the bottle of cough syrup had its tranquilizing effects as well ;)

I listened to it quite a bit since I recorded it and I must say it's probably my favorite of the ones I recorded since I got my new equipment last year. It's perfect for learning and reading or just chilling out after a long night of partying. It stays pretty smooth and chilled for 90 minutes, and then it slowly picks up towards trancier and more rocking realms and it ends on Ticon's spectacular 1987.

It's a real trip, I hope you all enjoy it as well :)

Geschichten aus La-La-Land

Tracklist:

1.) Max Cavalerra - Nostalgia - Karmarouge

2.) Nivek Tsoy - Time & Space - Dessous

3.) Bukador & Fishbeck - Sceada - Traum Schallplatten

4.) Marcus Sur - Rejacked - Highgrade

5.) Walter Ercolino & Daniela Stickroth - The Giant's Sleep (Ripperton Remix) - Meerestief Ltd.

6.) Daso & Pawas Gupta - Bummelzug - FLASH

7.) Reshuffle - Hedonism - Supplement Facts

8.) Daniela Stickroth - Chest in the Attic - Meerestief

9.) DJ Pippi & Willie Landgraf - Hyperspace (Space Dub Mix) - Drumpoet Community

10.) Plasmik - Mindpattern (Afrilounge Deep String Mix) - Connaisseur

11.) D-Nox & Beckers - Shanghigh (Patrick Zigon Mix) - Electribe

12.) Audiofly X - Below the Surface - Get Physical

13.) Minilogue - Ghost - Mule

14.) Kevin Saunderson - Bassline (Loco Dice Remix) - KMS Records

15.) Tim Paris - Ame Agaru - Marketing Records

16.) James Zabiela - Human - Renaissance

17.) SCSI-9 - Another Day Acid - Kompakt Speicher

18.) Aril Brikha - Akire - Poker Flat

19.) Luca Bacchetti - The Way to Corcovado - Wagon Repair

20.) Robbie Pardoel & Van Hilst - Agatho - Manual Music

21.) Satoshi Tomiee - Solar Wind (DJ Yellow Intermission Mix)

22.) Mathew Leutwyler - Jovencitas - Traum Schallplatten

23.) Mikkel Back - Disto-Pulse - Saasfee Records

24.) Sebastien Thibaud & Nhar - Need FM (Paul Nazca Remix) - Bambu

25.) Solaris Heights - No Trace (Popof Remix) - Renaissance

26.) Andrea Doria & LXR - Beauty of Silence - BluFin

27.) Ticon - 1987 - Digital Structures

2:28 hours at 192 kbps. BPM 126 most of the time, slowly picking up at the end.

Downloading on the double, as the tracklist really intrigued me, despite the presence of certain acts which seem to reappear over and over again lately, thus boring me to death. This mix however, looks worth listening throughout, let alone owning :)

Most definitely will I be dropping some feedback as soon as I'll have a solid 210 minutes of spare time, which should be saturday morning, when the after party shall be held @ my crib.

Downloading on the double, as the tracklist really intrigued me, despite the presence of certain acts which seem to reappear over and over again lately, thus boring me to death. This mix however, looks worth listening throughout, let alone owning :)

Most definitely will I be dropping some feedback as soon as I'll have a solid 210 minutes of spare time, which should be saturday morning, when the after party shall be held @ my crib.

Well, i hope you enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the feedback :) The afterparty at your house seems like a perfect occasion for it, too. Judging from what I have gathered about your taste on this forum I'm not sure if you will like the 2nd to last track, hahahaha, its a bit over the top, but lets see...

BTW, which are those acts that bore you? I'm guessing Minilogue, Popof and D-Nox & Beckers?

BTW, which are those acts that bore you? I'm guessing Minilogue, Popof and D-Nox & Beckers?

Despite their music being at least solid to very well done, they are starting to enter that category of artists which somehow just manage to snatch a spot on everybody's mixes lately. Sometimes an exceptional artist gets to annoy people if his music gets over exposed, or should I say better, played everywhere by every DJ, be it a major star or a 16 year old zit face rocking a basement party.

James Zabiela does not fall far behind, and Satoshi Tomiee is a true master whose sounds I am still recovering from, as he is massive in Croatia, so I'm kinda fed up of him as well...

However, friday night there's a hard techno, back 2 back all nighter in Zagreb, so this mix should do the trick during those after hours. Will let ya know, naturally!

Despite their music being at least solid to very well done, they are starting to enter that category of artists which somehow just manage to snatch a spot on everybody's mixes lately. Sometimes an exceptional artist gets to annoy people if his music gets over exposed, or should I say better, played everywhere by every DJ, be it a major star or a 16 year old zit face rocking a basement party.

James Zabiela does not fall far behind, and Satoshi Tomiee is a true master whose sounds I am still recovering from, as he is massive in Croatia, so I'm kinda fed up of him as well...

However, friday night there's a hard techno, back 2 back all nighter in Zagreb, so this mix should do the trick during those after hours. Will let ya know, naturally!

Interesting, I have never even really heard of James Zabiela, I understand he is some british proggy guy, so thats not really my scene. About Minilogue, guilty as charged, they are just awesome. They need to be in every mix ;)

Have fun at the hard techno night, go get you ears bloody. SCHRAAANZ!!!!

Judging from what I have gathered about your taste on this forum I'm not sure if you will like the 2nd to last track, hahahaha, its a bit over the top, but lets see...

Actually it wasn't that one, but the one before I think. That Solaris Heights tune didn't really tell me much.

But you know what? Only one the second listen, with headphones on.

The first listen kept us busy for a good part of the morning. Very, very nice stuff. It actually worked better when played as background music while we chit-chatted about our favorite Chemical Brothers videos and other ten-o'-clock-in-the-morning-state-of-mind shit.

This mix is more versatile than the last one I commented upon, but I surprisingly like the Klik Klak stuff more. I remember this one had a few excursions into some (dare I say) cheesish waters, attempts at over the top electro/minimal/house clashes which make my nails crack in two, but take that with a grain of salt, since the man writting this spent New Year's eve screaming his lungs out to Umek's electro house set :unsure:

Anyways, great mixing and track arrangement. I don't wanna give you an ego boost, but this is good enough to rock a club during the lazy after hours. Hate on it as much you want, it is.

It will either grow on me during weekends to come or the few bugs this one packs will aid its way to the recycle bin. Time will tell. In a few more listens I'll be able to point out the stand outs and all.

Overall, great job. 148 minutes of continous quality music is always worthy of some praise. One of the better DJ mixes I've had in rotation during the last... 4 months? Since Umek's session over at Pete Tong's studio? Yeah, I guess so...

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve been listening to it at least once a day during the last week and it´s awesome :clapping: 2 and half hours of pure joy, more of the same.......pleeeeeeeeeease :lol:

Thanks rino and ringo for your nice words, I really appreciate it :)

To rino, i intended this mix to be laid-back stuff for an afterhour, so i am glad you guys enjoyed it just for that and that it worked. Of course there are some cheese'ish moments, but thats kind of the point.

To ringo, there are some other mixes of mine on here, the one called "I am a little birdy..." is kinda like this, and the one dedicated to barry manilow is like this, but faster and trancier. Ill post another mix soon that is mix of my fav. prog. house and prog.psy of the last 10 years, it is over 2 hours long going from old platipus to the latest human blue album. it will be on here soon.

Tatsu, what did you think?

Sorry, forgot to write about it but I've just listened to both mixes this morning at work. I personaly like the Barry Manillow Mix a bit better. Not much of a surprise since I'm known to love it cheesy and trances. But I have to say both are ace. I have yet to downlaod the third mix you mention and I'm obviously curious about that new mix you want to make.