I hate audio gear shops

me: "Hi, I need 8 1m TRS cables"

dude: "What's TRS?"

me: "You know, a stereo PL cable"

dude: "Why do you need 8? Tell me what are you trying to connect and I'll let you know what you need"

me: *sigh* "Soundcard outputs to a mixer"

dude: "So you need mono PL connection, not stereo"

me: "That's TS, not TRS. I need them balanced"

dude: "What's balanced? Why would you want to use a stereo cable on a mono i/o?"

me: "Nevermind bye"

:drama:

me: "Hi, I need 8 1m TRS cables"

dude: "What's TRS?"

me: "You know, a stereo PL cable"

dude: "Why do you need 8? Tell me what are you trying to connect and I'll let you know what you need"

me: *sigh* "Soundcard outputs to a mixer"

dude: "So you need mono PL connection, not stereo"

me: "That's TS, not TRS. I need them balanced"

dude: "What's balanced? Why would you want to use a stereo cable on a mono i/o?"

me: "Nevermind bye"

:drama:

:lol: you mean audio gear shops with incompetent personnel? :D Yeah, I hate those too. The other day I wanted to get prices on a MOTU card in the local shop and he told me MOTU is crepp, get Edirol instead.. and I said, yeah but i WANT motu... the reply was "Yeah, but we dont import MOTU in this shop!" I stared for a moment at him and I turned around and walked out of the shop without saying a word haha. WANKERS!

hahaha! MIKE A! So typical of Veracohrs ever popular mention of "the banjo center" bwahaha.

I go in there and I just find what I need and every time they ask if I need something, I tell them I'm fine and getting it myself.

You should just buy a snake assuming it'd work for your application :). Doubt they would know what one of those are too. HEH!

-d

hahaha! MIKE A! So typical of Veracohrs ever popular mention of "the banjo center" bwahaha.

I go in there and I just find what I need and every time they ask if I need something, I tell them I'm fine and getting it myself.

You should just buy a snake assuming it'd work for your application :). Doubt they would know what one of those are too. HEH!

-d

I once went into a pet shop to get a canary bird, and I asked for a green male one, cause I really like them. They said "Get the orange male, they sing much better" and so I did... so there I was with a very nice looking orange bird, it started peeping after a week or something, but not singing, so I got it and checked it, and it was FEMALE! Those dont sing at all!! I went back to the shop and complained and they said "But its a pretty bird, isnt it?!" I kept her for a long time, she was a nice bird, and I got her a green MATE (male) but in ANOTHER shop... dont know what this has got to do with anything, but thats the story... I guess it means, trust yourself with what you want, and dont listen to semi-pro mother fuckers that aint got a clue, that just want to SELL! :)

The other day I wanted to get prices on a MOTU card in the local shop and he told me MOTU is crepp, get Edirol instead

What the fuck? Edirol? You've got to be kidding!

These salespeople are Dudes. Originally grown for the exclusive use of the Banjo Center corporation, they are now licensed to many sellers of music and pro audio gear. Cultivated on a private island in the South Pacific, each and every Dude goes through a rigorous training sequence in which they learn how to assure the customer that, no matter what it is the customer is looking at, it is the very best thing they could possibly get for the intended purpose. Except, of course, that this more expensive one over here is a little better.

A Dude is trained by a master ninja until s/he achieves a nearly supernatural inability to relate to the customer, and any in-born desire to help is carefully ground away. By the time Dude arrives at the store to begin work, s/he has the musical and gear-related knowledge of a banana slug.

Hehe!

I always thought: if these dudes know so fukken much about every little piece of music instruments, how come they aint hanging out with Jay-Z in his studio doing crack rather than spending all their time in the music shop drinking coffee.

cause they can not convert their knowledge into creativity :lol: (sad but true)