Joie Hinton leaves Eat Static

Towelie

End of an era...

Hi folks..

I am the bearer of sad news indeed..Joie has decided to quit the band after the 18 years we spent together..he has had enough of all the travelling and being away from home and family,and in his words,he ''just went to one party too many''..i am not even sure if he is going to pursue any musical avenue's anymore..we wish him the best of luck with whatever he decides to do in the future..big love on ya bruv....xxxx

On a more cheerful note,this is in no way going to affect the future of eat static as i am gonna continue as long as i am enjoying it,which i still am,with all my heart,at this moment in time..eat static is in my blood and long may it continue..i'm sure lots of interesting collaborations will come along as a result and the future still seems as bright as it ever did,and i still wander the plains of musical creation with eyes open wide and full of wonderment..

Here's to the next 19 years!

Boomshanka'!

Merv

Click

:( Hope it doesnt affect much on the downbeat album

Nooo, nooo, not now! Please! Please wait until I have seen you guys live! Please! Damn ... argh.

And I never got to see them both :(

DAMN.

:(

what they were before: merv & joey

now: merv

asking the question... WHO was/is the mastermind behind the project? WHO has collaborated endless times with other artists?

I will not be encouraged until I hear Eat Static going bad.

No sad faces. :)

asking the question... WHO was/is the mastermind behind the project? WHO has collaborated endless times with other artists?

Its sad that he leaves, but then again I am with Oopie on this one. Merv decides to keep it going, and thats good news enough for me. :) :posford:

@ Pavel: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 Not too old for me. :)

You never know what any member brings to the project. Even if he's just there for vibes, leaving may have a huge impact.

Lets hope it doesn't :posford:

Well, the positive side is that Merv will have much more time for other projects. I have yet to be disappointed... I loved Hi Fi Companions, Flexitones, Nodens Ictus, Dendron (not really a collaboration) and I'm really curious how Metal Sharon will be.

But still, Eat Static were probably my favorite psychedelic liveact. Too bad, too bad.

I come as the bearer of bad news just read this on eat static´s blog which says that Joie has left the band and so the eat static that we have known and loved for so many years is now no more. Although merv is gonna keep em going, it means no more real eat static live acts and no more future production from them :(

I suggest we make this thread into a tribute thread for one of the oldest, consistently brilliant, consistently crazy, and one of consistently spellblindingly amazing live acts that have ever graced our scene.

Post your eat static thoughts and memories here....

holy fuck, they were in this months computer music

I was thinking wow they really had kept this project goin

and now bam..

by the way Steve is kind a of a hidden eat static member, he most probably will stay that way

the worst thing is the live act will never be the same again

but I believe Merv will keep us rockin and bouncin or whatever weird things he does to us

Yeah, I seem to remember Steve is mentioned in pretty much all of the sleeves as co-composing here and there... Check it out :)

Now I am grateful for the two shows I have had with Eat Static. They were both spectacular. One more than the other. It was waay back, when Science of the Gods was new, and then again with Crash and Burn. Man they took the audience by complete surprise with Crash and Burn. What a show!!

Incidently, the Science of the Gods tour was my very first techno event, so it was quite the "trial by fire" experience. Awesome.

- A

I saw Joie today; he drives a taxi in Glastonbury where I teach. I was having lunch outside a cafe with a couple of friends, one of whom knows him quite well, and we went up to say hello. Paul introduced me and we spoke for a few minutes; I told him that I just wanted to say thanks for all the inspiration he'd been part of giving us as a band since we formed, and that the last time I saw Static play (at Waveform Festival) they'd blown me away. He said "OOOD? Never heard of you but I'll check out your myspace when we finally get broadband connected at home". :lol: