Amsterdam

Guest antic

Any good psyshops there? Could be new stuff or second-hand, preferably open until late hours because I'll be on a two-day conference there, so can only go shopping after it finishes (around 6 PM).

All hints appreciated! :)

Any good psyshops there? Could be new stuff or second-hand, preferably open until late hours because I'll be on a two-day conference there, so can only go shopping after it finishes (around 6 PM).

All hints appreciated! :)

Only one psyshop in Amsterdam (for psy vinyl, no cds I think) its called grooveconnection or something. Ill check if I have the addy somewhere. :)

groove connection is alot smaller now.. no more place to sit..

there is a few topics already about amsterdam.. search a little.

After 6pm there isnt much open unless its thursday when shops are open till 9pm.

Drop by at the Kokopelli and visit me for some psychedelic groceries if you want ;)

we are open till 10 pm.

apart from fullmoon shop at the nieuwendijk there is hardly any psytrance records for sale in amsterdam...

we have some chill out but nothing out of the very ordinary.

Drop by anyway in the kokopelli for a cuppacoffee if you want =)

my list of psynewsers i have met isnt big enough yet for sure :P

boudisque can soon be taken off the list..

not enough business.......

really? they might close? thats a pity! I found some really awsome things there (techno though) I found 2 original Plastikmans for 9 euro. :)

just got home from a'dam.

what a city ... and what a pity i didn't have time to look around

definately going back : )

Oh yeah, I did a quite big CD shopping spree back then as I was in A'damn :P

Free Kings, Kerkstraat 119 ... I remember that one. Was quite nice, but the people there were struggling to keep the shop alive. Pay them a visit if you are near - and if the shop still exists (no warranty, anybody can tell?) - I think they deserve it :)

And I can absolutely, ABSOLUTELY suggest Groove Connection ... that was a cool shop. Maybe you even can find something decent at a little discounted price.

De Plaatboef was cool too ... found a Space Tribe CD for 1 Euro there, maybe you'll be lucky aswell?

Furthermore there was a psy shop on one of those main streets/alleys, Moondrop was its name ... many people passing by ... don't remember the exact address, but if you walk around you'll find it for sure.

Oh and Ozmali records was great, but that shop isn't around anymore :(

boudisque can soon be taken off the list..

not enough business.......

what? they were the biggest, most diverse shop I've seen in A'damn ... bought discs there already on twice of my visits ... that's a pity if they close :(

@ All - thanks. Are there any regular stores that carry newer stuff?

not many.. try fullmoon and moondrop at the nieuwendijk. Or drop me an pm and we could look together in the most interesting shops.

Back Beat Records - Egelantierstraat 19

Never been there. dont think its too interesting.

Boudisque - Haringpakkerssteeg 10-18

Nice one go check it out but not much psy there.. some chillout though (ultimae for example)

Concerto - Utrechtsestraat 60

nice one. Decent second hand section with lots of chill out, triphop, ambient, techno etc. Might be some old psy. A good chance to pick up oldies for 5 euro.

Dance Tracks - Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 69

dunno.

Distortion - Westerstraat 72

not many cd's and def no psy. might be some electronical stuff but not much.

Fat Beats - Singel 10

mostly hiphop.

Forever Changes - Bilderdijkstraat 148

dunno

Get Records - Utrechtsestraat 105

might be some nice electronic stuff. No psy

Groove Connection - St. Nicolaasstraat 41

vinyl only atm afaik

Independent Outlet - Vijzelstraat 77

dunno

Killa Cuts - Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 19D

dunno

Midtown - Nieuwendijk 104

might be some nice electronic stuff

Outland Records - Zeedijk 22

vinyl only

De Plaatboef - Rozengracht 40

some nice electronic stuff second hand

Record Palace - Weteringschans 33

dunno

Rhythm Import - Nieuwe Nieuw straat ?

dunno

Rush Hour - Spuistraat 98

vinyl only

Thanks for the advices guys.

I've spent like 5 hours walking the Amsterdam to find something worthwile, but to no avail.

Concerto, Velvet Music, Backbeat, Outlands, Groove Connection - they had nothing. Well, GC had some terrible full-on CDs (like 2 or 3).

Boudisque - they had only old Paul Oakenfold's Dragonfly mix. I'd take it, but it was some recent re-release in cardboard sleeve.

Fame - they had Infected Mushroom (Vicious Delicious and some single) in techno section. No comment.

:(

Thanks for the advices guys.

I've spent like 5 hours walking the Amsterdam to find something worthwile, but to no avail.

Concerto, Velvet Music, Backbeat, Outlands, Groove Connection - they had nothing. Well, GC had some terrible full-on CDs (like 2 or 3).

Boudisque - they had only old Paul Oakenfold's Dragonfly mix. I'd take it, but it was some recent re-release in cardboard sleeve.

Fame - they had Infected Mushroom (Vicious Delicious and some single) in techno section. No comment.

:(

oh nooo, that's quite a big disappointment ... :(

Especially what you say about Groove Connection is quite a surprise for me ... only full on? And only 2 or 3? Oh man, what has this place become?

And no decent stuff at Boudisque? Not even some ambient? No Ultimaes?

I had really good memories of these two stores. Also Free Kings (have you been there?). Quite a bad surprise that it obviously all seems to have gone down...

oh nooo, that's quite a big disappointment ... :(

Especially what you say about Groove Connection is quite a surprise for me ... only full on? And only 2 or 3? Oh man, what has this place become?

And no decent stuff at Boudisque? Not even some ambient? No Ultimaes?

I had really good memories of these two stores. Also Free Kings (have you been there?). Quite a bad surprise that it obviously all seems to have gone down...

Well, the guy at GC looked like he's about to die. So did the shop.

As for the Boudisque, I've heard they're closing at the end of this month, so they don't probably get any new stuff. I've not seen any Ultimae's, but there was some decent ambient/electronica. But I can buy those at home at similar prices.

I'll try to pay Free Kings a visit tomorrow and report back :)

Well, the guy at GC looked like he's about to die. So did the shop.

As for the Boudisque, I've heard they're closing at the end of this month, so they don't probably get any new stuff. I've not seen any Ultimae's, but there was some decent ambient/electronica. But I can buy those at home at similar prices.

I'll try to pay Free Kings a visit tomorrow and report back :)

Both Groove Connection and Boudisque more or less dead???

That's really bad news.

What's going on? Somehow I always regarded Amsterdam as one of the most psytrance-devoted territories in Europe...

Did you find any psy stuff anywhere else?

As I promised, I'm reporting back.

I tried to find Free Kings, but at the address they've got on their website there's some other shop now, without any music.

Soo... In whole Amsterdam I was able to find only IM - Vicious Delicious. How much lower can they fall?! :huh:;)

Anyway, instead of goa/psy, I bought some real psychedelic music :wub:

As I promised, I'm reporting back.

I tried to find Free Kings, but at the address they've got on their website there's some other shop now, without any music.

Soo... In whole Amsterdam I was able to find only IM - Vicious Delicious. How much lower can they fall?! :huh:;)

Anyway, instead of goa/psy, I bought some real psychedelic music :wub:

Oh nooo ... so Free Kings went down as well :(

Sad.

That makes it three (actually four) nice shops gone down.

What the heck is still left?

Does that mean next time I go to A'damn I won't bring home some fresh psy stuff?

Not cool.

At least you found some stuff...