The third hallucinogen album

radi6404

Posford himself confirmed he is working on a third Hallucinogen album on the recently released Twisted DVD so it's definately on, when it will be finished and released, however, is another story and I certainly don't expect to see it this year.

Are you serious ??? I didn't listen to the DVD yet, my post was based on an old interview a few years ago, but man, I'll be the happiest man in the world when this album is gonna see the light of the day !! but like you said, knowing Twisted Records, when it will be released is another story hahaha

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news radi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Musically what have you been up to?

I really enjoyed it working with Merv on Metal Sharon, our objective was always just to make each other laugh... with delight and amazement! But trying to get time to finish it off has proved extremely tricky. I am moving into a new house soon, where I will get the 3rd Hallucinogen album underway.

source

good news radi!!!!!!!!!!!!

source

I just prey it will be like Twisted and with the classical synths and sounds, when this comes out this or next year a real awaking, no yet a reborn of my mind wil take place, I hope it will be ultimative, it hasn´t to be better than Twisted but the same quality and style would really kick ass.

I just prey it will be like Twisted and with the classical synths and sounds, when this comes out this or next year a real awaking, no yet a reborn of my mind wil take place, I hope it will be ultimative, it hasn´t to be better than Twisted but the same quality and style would really kick ass.

I doubt he'll make one in the same style as Twisted. Why would he? He's been there & done that. He will try to make something original & creative for sure. Whether it'll be a style I appreciate remains to be seen but I wouldn't bank on another Twisted or TLD.

How do you think that he will keep his original sound? I dont think he will at all. He will adapt to the sound of today, cause Simon seems to be a person that adapts, learns new things, studies music, etc etc. I bet 90% of all Hallucinogen fans will hate it. I on the other hand embrace THAT with an open mind and heart! CANT WAIT! :posford:

How do you think that he will keep his original sound? I dont think he will at all. He will adapt to the sound of today, cause Simon seems to be a person that adapts, learns new things, studies music, etc etc. I bet 90% of all Hallucinogen fans will hate it. I on the other hand embrace THAT with an open mind and heart! CANT WAIT! :posford:

On the twisted forum I wil open a thread with what the fans expect rom Simon posford.

I hope so too, since I can't get into Twisted or Lone Deranger, some tracks rock though..hmm when I think of it, I might just turn it on tomorrow while I'm in the twilight zone and see what happens.

JUST IN ON MYSPACE BULLETIN FROM SIMON

If you want to receive twisted updates direct to your email, you can now sign up to our updated mailing list.

If you want to be the first to know about......

Shpongle LIVE!!

Hallucinogen in Dub LIVE album!!

Hallucinogen's 3rd Album!!

Shpongle's 4th Album!!

...... then you should cut and paste this link and leave us your email address!

http://www.twistedrecords.co.uk/Newsletter...0subscriber.htm

Any questions please email info@twisted.co.uk

On the twisted forum I wil open a thread with what the fans expect rom Simon posford.

you are not reading what I said. I KNOW what the fans expect ;) I was saying in radi language:

I thienk tat halicinigen wil relese trecks not similr to wat prevous halicinigen trecks hav bent. fans well not liek it.

did you understand now?

so... its fullonbass with dali on guitar uh.. vocals?

so... its fullonbass with dali on guitar uh.. vocals?

:lol: but on a serious note, I would more think that its an evolution (i hope it is) of todays full on, but more psychedelic and twisted. not full of small breaks here and there... something that will set a new standard in psy/goa/full on... or something.

:lol: but on a serious note, I would more think that its an evolution (i hope it is) of todays full on, but more psychedelic and twisted. not full of small breaks here and there... something that will set a new standard in psy/goa/full on... or something.

Do you think "Pipeworm" fits into your criteria?

can't wait either!

probably it will sound modern, i don't think he's going to use old synths in 2008. The main reason why electronic music changes so quickly is because the technology behind it progresses at the same rate.

But the music he makes with his hallucinogen alter ego needs to be simular to his old music, otherwise he'll have troubles doing a proper live act. 2 styles under 1 alter ego doesn't make any sense, that would be a worst case senario imo, cause he will have to split up his live acts into old style and new style.

It's better to have 1 liveset with classics and new stuff that blends into each other perfectly, otherwise alot of people will be pissed off they payed an expensive ticket for a party without hearing any stuff from twisted or TLD.

Whatever he does, i'm confident it will be interesting, it's not easy to connect to a typical 90's sound to today's sound. Let's hope he remixes his old tunes to modern soundquality too, he'll need it for a decent live act.

Shakta has proven it is possible, i saw him live last september and he restyled his music, not into a different genre, but just modern soundquality. It was without a doubt one of the best livesets i have ever heard in my life.

Posford is a very influential artist within this scene, where godford goes, others will follow. Maybe i need to reconcider the things i posted in the thread about psytrance in 5 years! I'm always hoping for a goatrance revival but i'm very pessimistic, there are alot of great newskool artists but none of them has the capability to become classic and break through to a bigger audience, today's goatrance is loved, made and bought by people from within this small subgenre.

That's a situation that stagnates very easy.

If Posford jumps on the train again, it will start moving alot faster, and other new goatrance artists will gain from it cause their genre is exposed to a bigger audience.

probably it will sound modern, i don't think he's going to use old synths in 2008. The main reason why electronic music changes so quickly is because the technology behind it progresses at the same rate.

according to an interview in the sound on sound they use just about anything. From old stuff to soft synths. As long as it sounds good...

Simon & Benji dissed pop trance quite much in that YB review (sort of hypocritical since their best friend Ronald owns one of the worst pop trance labels of the last years) so don't think anyone has to be afraid of this being generic crap..