I'd like some opinions

I've been playing around with Reason since last september and I'd like some opinions on the latest song i've made. It's not completely finished and I'd like some comments on what's good, what's not, what did you like, what could i change and how, etc

The song has been made with Reason 4 only without any samples ( except for the drum kit of course ), is 6 minutes long. I was planning on calling it : "It's getting dark" but I'm not sure yet. The style is pretty much standard ( if I can say that) but with some jazz influence ( i've been playing jazz on the saxophone for 7 years )

Anyway, here's the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z3UF2F08

I hope you enjoy it :)

The only things I can say are:

1. it seems a little aimless. Changes come at seemingly random times and adjacent parts don't really seem to relate to each other. Some of the melodies sound a little more like playing around and jamming than a well-thought out melody.

2. Change up the bass pattern, it gets tiresome.

The only things I can say are:....

Changes come at seemingly random times.... Some of the melodies sound a little more like playing around and jamming than a well-thought out melody....

I also thought introductions for some of the synths/voices were a little awkward; they dropped off or were introduced without "warning." Personally I liked the bass line, but it couldn't hurt to change it up a bit somehow. Also, I liked the jamming :]. This really isn't going to help you much because I am just contradicting Veracohr but I really think your going in the right direction ^ ^. I do think it's a little muddled though. It's very organized and has a definite structure to it, but when I say muddled I mean that the Synths were really low and fuzzy(?). Maybe that's what your going for, but I was really hoping that there would be a very spacious and piercing synth that came blasting through it all at some point! Overall I really liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...