128 VS 256

Is there really that big of a difference between 128 and 256? Is the size difference worth it? I'm ripping all of my CD's to my PC to make doubles, but I don't want to start burning until I have some solid info and well said opinions on the issue.... HELP!

I dont tolerate anything under 192..

If u can, go for 320

check this

Ah, thanks for the link. I'm not so concerned about HD space as I am about how many songs I can fit onto a CD. I'll probably go for 320kbps to start out with and then downgrade if I need to fit more onto a CD~.

Ah, thanks for the link. I'm not so concerned about HD space as I am about how many songs I can fit onto a CD. I'll probably go for 320kbps to start out with and then downgrade if I need to fit more onto a CD~.

FLAC

Try encoding in vbr (variable bitrate), and say like minimum 64 maximum 256 (or 320) or something. Should average out at like 200kbs yet sound like 320. Most things that can play mp3 have no problem with vbr. Winamp can encode in vbr so use that to rip.

excuse my nosyness.. but why do you want to put it on cd? for what purpose? to listen in public transport? to back it up?

if you are backing things up i would simply go for dvd's or get an external hd and rip everything to flac. lossless is the only valuable option here imho.

excuse my nosyness.. but why do you want to put it on cd? for what purpose? to listen in public transport? to back it up?

if you are backing things up i would simply go for dvd's or get an external hd and rip everything to flac. lossless is the only valuable option here imho.

First u get audio cds, than u convert them to mp3 and put on mp3 cd.. And again your collection grows and u have as much as mp3 cds as u had audio cds, so u put them on dvd, then again your collection grows and even a dvd is no good, so u put them on double layer dvd and again u have lots of double layers, u put them on blu rays or a hard drive, man where does this stop?

Most funniest thing is if u damage that double layer or dvd or blu ray7hard u will lose uncomparebly larger amounts of data if u would damage your one audio cd, you would still have others but if u damage this only one disc ur in big trouble..

Im just saying that how much is better, that larger mediums, its also riskier in same amount to put your music on to such medium..

I always make backup on dvds, just in case anything goes wrong, you never know when u can scratch your discs..