Free ambient/spacemusic album

Kasper

Hey there everybody,

Just finished this ambient/spacemusic album. If you're into Steve Roach, Vir Unis or Saul Stokes, you might find this vaguely interesting. The album is modelled after albums like Blood Machine and Thermal Transfer (only not that great by a long shot), so it's a mixture of beatless ambient and rapid, electronic percussion with pads on top.

Posted Image

Tracklist with download options:

1. Proton Kinoun - Skyward Dreams @ 192kbps & 12 megs (my server) (Last.FM) (TraxInSpace.com - doesn't link straight to the mp3)

2. Proton Kinoun - Silver Satellite @ 192kbps & 17 megs (my server) (Last.FM) (TraxInSpace.com - doesn't link straight to the mp3

3. Proton Kinoun - Peripheral System @ 192kbps & 8 megs (my server) (Last.FM) (TraxInSpace.com - doesn't link straight to the mp3)

4. Proton Kinoun - Stars Wobbling... @ 192kbps & 12,5 megs (my server) (Last.FM (TraxInSpace.com - doesn't link straight to the mp3)

5. Proton Kinoun - ...Life's Bubbling @ 192kbps & 15 megs (my server) (Last.FM) (TraxInSpace.com - doesn't link straight to the mp3)

6. Proton Kinoun - Illimitable @ 192kbps & 21 megs (my server) (Last.FM) (TraxInSpace.com - doesn't link straight to the mp3)

Hope it's enjoyable

Ok, first of all, this is... AWESOME

The best ambient from an unsigned artist(?) I have ever heard.

The track Life's Bubbling is just SUPER.

Your music could be released on Atmoworks or Databloem or something right away. And that would be my only criticism as well: It is so well done and fits in too easy among the artists/albums/labels of this type of music. Maybe it lacks something unique that could seperate it from them. You could have fooled me easily if you had posted for example tracks 2 and 5 as unreleased Vir Unis tracks. :)

Ok, first of all, this is...

AWESOME

The best ambient from a non-signed-artist(?) I have ever heard, anywhere.

Your music could be released on Atmoworks or Databloem or something right away. And that would be my only criticism as well: It is so well done and fits in too easy among the artists/albums/labels of this type of music. Maybe it lacks something unique that could seperate it from them. You could have fooled me easily if you had posted for example tracks 2 and 5 as unreleased Vir Unis tracks. :)

Wow, thank you very much for your kind words, Bahamut! I am unsigned (you may have heard a track or two by my psytrance moniker Psylent Buddhi) and will probably stay that way, as I'm much too unrealiable in terms of my output. :rolleyes:

I'm happy to hear you like Life's Bubbling. That's my own personal favorite!

As for your criticism, I totally agree. This album does indeed have a mundane ambient/spacemusic quality to it. But I just love the genre too much to venture outside the conventions. :)

If you want some more attention, you could post this on the hypnos forum.

http://www.hypnos.com/smf/

It was reset some time ago and might appear a little inactive, but quite some artists, reviewers and other enthusiasts from the (American) ambient scene post(ed) there including Vir Unis, Numina, The Circular Ruins, Robert Rich.

Thanks for the tip, Bahamut. Perhaps I should do that. I'm actually familiar with the forum. I used to go by the name kawera on the old forum, and incidentally also on the new forum.

@ strydr, wavs can be found on rapidshare.com in 16bit 44.1kHz quality. All files compressed using Winrar.

Skyward Dreams

Silver Satellite

Peripheral System

Stars Wobbling...

...Life's Bubbling

Illimitable

i better grab those wavs before you get yourself record deal and they are still online :D

what instruments/synths did you use in this album?

Hehe, don't worry. They won't disappear in the near future. ;)

It's virtually all done in Reason (version 3 and 4), apart from some loops that were extracted, chopped and manipulated in Recycle and Soundforge. :)

wow, insane thanks for the wavs, that first track blew me right off my socks!!

your tracks just made it to the vox - liquid flow - ephedra live party in april as i'm playing a chillout set there

i'll try to make a video while i'm playing them and post it here! let's get people hawt for your space journeys!

whoever mastered this is sure up to date!!

!!!

Thanks a million everyone! I'm excited to see that this album fares well. I really wasn't expecting that. :)

Many thanks to you Kasper. This album sounds very nice; this sound remember me the old fathers of electronic music arround 60s/70s yeras... great work!!

Hmm, the downloads should work! Have you tried the ones from Last.FM? They link directly to the mp3.

I managed to download it this morning!

I'll give it a listen this weekend :D I love space music :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, first of all, this is...

AWESOME

The best ambient from a non-signed-artist(?) I have ever heard, anywhere.

Big +1.

This is truly awesome! Love it! Really. :)