I need some F'ed up sinister tracks~

TRohr

I've been combing the market for some really sinister darkpsy and was wondering if you guys could point me in a few general directions. I love what Yabai has going for them; solid, groovy beats and very spacious, unnerving, twisted synths. I absolutely hate Darkpsy with that fuck-your-brains out slurry of high pitched noises though.... The stuff that sounds like saw blades cutting through glass with sporadic, and absolutely random sequencing that anyone could throw together. I want something that will slow the cosmos down, not fuck it up :]. I also hate that damn pppffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttt synth.... Heres an example of what I don't really like.... and Heres an example of what I like....

I'm not the real expert in this territory, but I think you might wanna try some of the following:

Toi Doi- Technologic (2000) (Avatar Records)

http://www.discogs.com/release/146332

Any one of the absolutely fabulous seven installations on Schlabbaduerst Rekkords - http://www.discogs.com/label/Schlabbaduerst+Rekkords

Battle Of The Future Buddhas- Twin sharkfins (1998) (Boom! Records)

http://www.discogs.com/release/90941

Battle Of The Future Buddhas- Demonizer (2002) (Boom! Records)

http://www.discogs.com/release/61121

Check Parvati's No Time No Space compilation. It's not as cheesy as your second sample, but pretty twisted and funny at some points.

j/k ) not cheesy

Lol, i've been trying to stay away from the cheesy stuff but it's proving to be a bit difficult with Darkpsy @.@;. Yabai has some CD's with freaking Simpsons samples ; ;....

I've been combing the market for some really sinister darkpsy and was wondering if you guys could point me in a few general directions. I love what Yabai has going for them; solid, groovy beats and very spacious, unnerving, twisted synths. I absolutely hate Darkpsy with that fuck-your-brains out slurry of high pitched noises though.... The stuff that sounds like saw blades cutting through glass with sporadic, and absolutely random sequencing that anyone could throw together. I want something that will slow the cosmos down, not fuck it up :]. I also hate that damn pppffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttt synth.... Heres an example of what I don't really like.... and Heres an example of what I like....

the example u gave of what u dont like its actually my favourite dark trance album, if u didnt already listened to the entire album u should at least listen to the track all synths are possible :posford:

Edit:I only listened now the 2 sample...thats not darktrance :lol::lol: thats just night full on

Edit:I only listened now the 2 sample...thats not darktrance :lol::lol: thats just night full on

whatever.. names.. boxes.. first is dark in my book. and indeed first track is pretty bad.

second track is more south african style fullon. check anything from timecode records. you might like it. oops.. didnt fohat just say that...

maybe some scorb. Fungus funk etc

Ah, thanks for all the input guys :]. I've got some listening to do~.

EDIT: Timecode has some great stuff. I'm really digging Phyx, but I haven't finished listening to everything so I can't really play favorites yet. Also, I guess what i'm really looking for isn't necessarily DarkPsy but just dark and spooky fullon :].

Ah, thanks for all the input guys :]. I've got some listening to do~.

EDIT: Timecode has some great stuff. I'm really digging Phyx, but I haven't finished listening to everything so I can't really play favorites yet. Also, I guess what i'm really looking for isn't necessarily DarkPsy but just dark and spooky fullon :].

you should really check out sandman's witchcraft if you havent...its not dark psy but its hard and dark and different....good shit in other words :lol:

whatever.. names.. boxes.. first is dark in my book. and indeed first track is pretty bad.

second track is more south african style fullon. check anything from timecode records. you might like it. oops.. didnt fohat just say that...

Tastes, but maybe what u dont like is the style darktrance and not the artist darkpsy.

The tryambaka album is already out http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7039

"Heres an example of what I like...." sounds like ur into night fullon

hard to find it these days, almost extinct :lol:

try 3D Vision, Timecode, Nexus Media, Apocalypse Records, Spectral Records, Beyond Logic (mostly 2003-2006, later stuff sucky but u find a track or two that arent that bad)

album recomendations: Seroxat - Brutal Beats, CPU first 2 albums, Absolum - Inside The Sphere, Twisted System albums, Shift albums, everything from Beyond Logic and Nexus Media

should definitely check out scorb's first album, scorb. Fucked up twisted shit on that album :wub:

• 3 months later...

After reading most of the recommendations stated from the wise people in here, I came up with a small but great list, at least from my personal likes:

Furious

Psykovsky

Alien Mental

Mind Distortion System

Greg on Earth

Kindzadza

Penta

Haunted Castle

Acid Goblins

Psyetharok

Wooden Monsters

No particular order, but I loved them all, still want to get some Psykovsky material :angry: anyone care to upload into rapidshare? :lol: