Now that Ticon has jumped to the better place of trance

NEMO.BOFH

...the end of an Era for Ticon has just become reality! Yes, Ticon are no longer Psy-Progg, they are as of now a class-electro-techno-act instead... No but honestly, more artists should do the same, this sound is so much better than a lot out there, and I am glad that quality producers like Ticon realize that there is more to music than "Psy Progg". Ill write a review of this one day. I just wanted to express my total appreciation before that!

DISAGREE with everything you said heheh...almost ;)

This is terrible album for somone like me who dislike this new trend in psytrance (electrogayhouse)

Besides 1 song (1987) which is outstanding the rest realy annoys me. I hate it

If more will share Ticon's path our progeessive scene will die.

Ticon - you lose it all guys :angry:

hmm sounds really bad

AGREE :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is terrible album for somone like me who dislike this new trend in psytrance (electrogayhouse)

Ok thats nice for you :)

the 80's died for a reason, and just coz the production quality is higher doesn't mean the music is better... Ticon's new album is about original as sliced bread... the sooner the plastic electro stuff goes the better... keep it vaguley psy... give me Sensient or Shadow FX over ANY Swedish prog any day!

Without the 80s you would not have psytrance. Anyways, Nice for you :)

Ok thats nice for you :)

Without the 80s you would not have psytrance. Anyways, Nice for you :)

um if you read what I said was that 80's music was not good. It might have influenced psy trance, but psy trance i better.

A reply from Nemo himself :clapping: heard so much about him on other froums, I"m excited... I think I've gotta crush *yay*

You know everything that I'm afraid of

You do everything i wish i did

Everybody wants you, everybody loves you

I know i should tell you how i fell

I wish everyone would disappear

Every time time you call me, I'm too scared to be me

And I'm too shy to say

Ooh, I got a crush on you

I hope you feel the way that i do

I get a rush

When I'm with you

Ooh, I've got a crush on you

A crush on you

You know, I'm the one that you can talk to

And sometimes you tell me thing that i don't want to know

I just want to hold you

And you say exactly how you feel about her

And I wonder, could you ever think of me that way

I get a rush

When I'm with you

A crush on you

Ooh, I wish i could tell somebody

But there's no one to talk to, nobody knows

I've got a crush on you

A crush on you, I got a crush

You say everything that no one says

But i feel everything that you're afraid to feel

I will always want you, I will always love you

I've got a crush...

um if you read what I said was that 80's music was not good. It might have influenced psy trance, but psy trance i better.

A reply from Nemo himself :clapping: heard so much about him on other froums, I"m excited... I think I've gotta crush *yay*

You know everything that I'm afraid of

You do everything i wish i did

Everybody wants you, everybody loves you

I know i should tell you how i fell

I wish everyone would disappear

Every time time you call me, I'm too scared to be me

And I'm too shy to say

I get a rush

When I'm with you

A crush on you

You know, I'm the one that you can talk to

And sometimes you tell me thing that i don't want to know

I just want to hold you

And you say exactly how you feel about her

And I wonder, could you ever think of me that way

I get a rush

When I'm with you

A crush on you

Ooh, I wish i could tell somebody

But there's no one to talk to, nobody knows

I've got a crush on you

A crush on you, I got a crush

You say everything that no one says

But i feel everything that you're afraid to feel

I will always want you, I will always love you

I've got a crush...

How old are you? :) I said its nice for you that you seem to have found your genre. In general, I listen to everything, techno, house, trance, electro, 80s, punk, rock, psytrance, goa... I find bits and pieces here and there that stimulate my body and soul. And yeah, everything you read by Steve (or is it you steve?) on other forums is true, i am a true asshole and a BOFH. :D

I apologise for my immaturity and insensitivity in posting thos lyrics on a forum where such musically enlightened persons are...

let's got back to listening to neo-retro 80's club music... a.k.a Ticon.

GSH what were you saying again about the guys in Berlin? Mr, you should read my edit ;) I asked you how old you are for a reason, not because it was an immature post. I asked cause I want to know if you lived the 80s or not. But of course, as always, i am misunderstood. So HOW old are you? Did you live the 80s? Did you experience the music back then, or is it something you picked up later on, and then thought it was crap... anyways does not matter, you showed with your Post here above that you are only here to troll anyways :) Which I dont care about anyways haha :)

+1 ... there is almost nothing psychedelic about this album. Big disappointment :(

The best proof for the quality of this album was the dancefloor at Ozora. It was madness.

I agree, however, that for homelistening purposes it might not be as suited as earlier Ticon albums.

To Rino, you have some very good points there (i oversimplified a lot), i still maintain you couldnt sell this in the techno scene.

And i love the mouse in a box sample, its hilarious!

To Rino, you have some very good points there (i oversimplified a lot), i still maintain you couldnt sell this in the techno scene.

Agreed. I gave the album a listen (MP3 copy in my headphones). Hardly would the techno freaks approve this release with a green light.

which techno scene?! I mean, here in February, there will be a party with Jeff Mills, they play stuff like Ticon, and the place is as always going to be PACKED. You can not generalize like that... IMO.

this new trend in psytrance (electrogayhouse)

Ha, I kinda saw this coming! But well, who not...

Prog-psy-house gets popular (not to say the negative word "commercial") ... it only was unknown who would bring it. Now we know. And we also know that it comes over the electro corner.

Models On Cocaine instead of candyflippin' hippie chicks. Bright and polished club locations instead of dark cellars with bad air. The scene gets mature. Kinda. I only don't know if it's all good.

The sound could be better btw. I do not own the album, but I also most likely will never own it as I don't like too many of the samples except 1987, Models on Cocaine (this one is an absolute killer though), 2 am and the last one - those four sound really good. But since I already got Models... for free totally legal from their site I won't spend 13 Euros just for 3 really good tracks. I need the cash anyway...

which techno scene?! I mean, here in February, there will be a party with Jeff Mills, they play stuff like Ticon, and the place is as always going to be PACKED. You can not generalize like that... IMO.

jeff mills playing this kinda stuff? SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Posted Image

Granted, I havent seen him in a while, but I find that very hard to believe.

But, what am I arguing with you in the first place, since we seem to be the only two people on here who like this record.