Juno Reactor - Gods & Monsters

Kai-Q

Since the very first album of Juno Reactor every following album has been different from the other. I really hoped it would be the same with this album, and if it sounds like Abasio describes, then I think it is, and it SHOULD be very good to my ears as well. Some will probably call me Psy Hater when I say I am happy these people are moving away from Psy (Not only Juno Reactor, but all the others as well). The fact is that it makes OTHER artists maybe work harder to get the Psy Sound evolving, and that is something good.

Fact is that Psy Trance needs to Improve, and I think that JR, YB and the likes have done their part in this scene, and see the same as many of us see. Let the younger brothers take over and lets evolve, rather than stagnate.

+1000 for Juno Reactor for daring taking steps beyond Psy Trance!

oh yeah, and I expect to see comments like: Soul'd out, "Pure fucking Shite" and a picture of someone showing the finger :lol:

oh and see THIS THREAD for new thinking, open minded, fresh music: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=47274&hl=

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is that Psy Trance needs to Improve, and I think that JR, YB and the likes have done their part in this scene, and see the same as many of us see. Let the younger brothers take over and lets evolve, rather than stagnate.

+1000. The more experimentation in the genre the better. There are so many more ways to create psychedelic music beyond the standard psy trance blueprint...

juno reactor's ''magic 7th'' album just downloaded..

sunday morning..coffee.cigarettes..greek football on a muted tv in the background..let's see..

xmm,their well-known sound,more downtempo,more vocals.dub elements by ghetto priest (he's a cool guy)..epic samples..soundtrack atmoshere.again some vocals,again some epic samples..pop-ish vocals again..shhh i hear grand piano or am i wrong?

some ambient tracks for the weed smokers all over the planet that they ve heard juno reactor at least for once in their pot-music background..

some juno beat-ish tracks for their old-nostalgy trance fans..

some soundtrack tunes for the matrix fans..

everyone satisfied? yup!

a really enjoyable cd from the juno guru ben..not bad ha?

nothing less,nothing more..

Absolute dissapointment ! Ben Watkins has flipped ! This tribal pop has nothing to do with Juno Reactor not to mention as follow up to Labyrinth as someone mentioned. This is the ultimate waste of time, not to mention very lousy production. I am confused. What has happend ? :unsure:

Indeed a realy bad case of flippedy flip.

i refuse to belive this has eneything in commen with JR music....

i did download this album befour i bought it and im happy i did,whouldnt spend a dime on this.

shame shame shame...ben,what the hell's wrong with you?@#%$!

:unsure: *this is only a bad dream...quike! slap me and let me wake up out of this nightmare!! * :blink:

Like I said

Those of you expecting something from the past! No chance, you know that Ben doesn't stand still or go backwards. Been there done that is the attitude I'm sure.

For those expecting something new, something different, something totally unexpected but still quality I'd recommend you take a sniff when you get a chance.

:ph34r:

I think it's pretty good. Not psy-trance by any means, but Juno Reactor has never really been all that much about psy anyways IMO.

I'll be curious to see what people are saying about it in, say, two years. Much like their last couple albums, or even Shpongles albums for that matter, generally right after release the bulk of comments seem to "crap, crap. crap" but after some time passes, I notice that opinion shifts for many and I suspect this album could far in that category as well.

I found "Tokyo Dub" interesting. Silly lyrics, but the singer is good. "Pretty Girl" is cool too. It's so far away from the old trance side of Juno.

But I find it ironic that this music is so stupid and bland compared to what he did more than a century ago.

Still, better than Labyrinth.

Every single album of Juno, since the days of Transmissions, is high quality and unique music. The same goes for this new one, Gods & Monsters. I have to say, I really enjoyed Labyrinth (especially the exhilarating Conquistador) so I am feeling comfortable with the orchestral/epic feel of the album. As for the production, it sounds like a live recording (especially at certain points) and thats fine by me, it radiates energy.

The only negative comment I can make is the lack of flow in the album.

Favourites: Inca Steppa, Las Vegas Future Past (I love this one, it has an Amon Tobin feel to it) and City of the Sinful

• 4 weeks later...

This is somehow similar to the last Prodigy album, in the sense that they've both made a noisy, commercial, uninspired mess of their style.

+1

Pretty accurate definition. :D

Well, I heard only some samples on online shops.

As we all know, every Juno Reactor album was different in style from the previous and Gods & Monsters follows the rule, no exception.

If you want to appreciate this, wipe out the label TRANCE. JR is a commercial act now.

Come on Ben, go back to the future...make some Goa!!

Yes, when Goa will make more profit than his music for the film industry maybe he will.

As I said above: eradictate the stamp TRANCE from the act, otherwise don't talk about new JR releases on psynews.

Well, I heard only some samples on online shops.

As we all know, every Juno Reactor album was different in style from the previous and Gods & Monsters follows the rule, no exception.

If you want to appreciate this, wipe out the label TRANCE. JR is a commercial act now.

Wrong answer. There's A LOT of great commercial acts at the moment. You can start from Gnarls Barkley who are making weird, crazy yet very catchy hip hop/funk music. You got The Killers that make Killer commercial Synth-Rock music and more.

There's good music and there's crap music. This album is the latter. It's totally useless. And yes, reminds Prodigy's epic failure. Maybe even worse. They had at least 2 decent tracks in the last album. This one ranges from horrible to completely revolting.