Juno Reactor - Gods & Monsters

Kai-Q

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my apprehension that the new CD will has too much orchestra and soundtrack sounding stuff, like the album Labyrinth.

The old members, like Mike Maguire, Stephane Holweck, Johann Bley and Paul Jackson are missing.

For me was the best last album Shango.

But let us see, when the new one will released.

I have not much hoe for the new album. :ph34r:

Hell, I'm looking forward to this. I loved labyrinth. JR has talent, whatever JR makes will be class I'm sure. If you don't think you'll like it, I bet you wont :ph34r:

Well, JR really had some amazing moments on Labyrinth - and i loved that Mona Lisa Overdrive track. But i don't get their experiments in rock music, i think it just doesn't fit there.

Sweet. I hope Ben Watkins made an album of music HE wanted to make and not what everyone else wants him to make. :) IMO he's one of the rare ones with musical talent so I don't really care too much what direction it goes in, as it will probably have something to interest me regardless.

I agree with Jikkenteki. Ben Watkins is a true musical visionary... don't expect him to make anything according to old templates. In my opinion Juno Reactor hasn't done a trance album since Bible Of Dreams--more than a decade ago.

Incidentally someone leaked a few tracks to Youtube a while back (they're gone now)... the one track I remember was some kind of eerie breakbeat thing with some metal guitars going on.

Juno Reactor never fails. It's impossible :)

They can follow any path they want. It will rules anyways. I trust in'em

This is the only act in "psytrance" that never dissapointed me.

I love Labyritnh album, so if they are going to go further and experiment even more with styles i will be only happier :)

I only know that JR made Pschydelic Trance with some Industrial and Tribal elments.

By and by the old members has left JR and some new entered, they make now Orchestral Tribal Trance. <_<

I like their both inputs, and don't mind Orchestral Tribal Trance, but you are right, I would also like to hear something in their old style vein. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this & have given it a listen, a casual listen but enough to make a few judgments/recommendations.

Those of you expecting something from the past! No chance, you know that Ben doesn't stand still or go backwards. Been there done that is the attitude I'm sure.

For those expecting something new, something different, something totally unexpected but still quality I'd recommend you take a sniff when you get a chance.

There are vocals & in the first two tracks I'd much rather they weren't there. The music under them though is top notch, so good I'd hope for some instrumental versions of them. The next load of tracks are more downbeat, instrumental tracks (smattering of vocals in some) & it ends in a kind of 60's rock ballad.

It has nothing to do with psy-trance apart from the fact it was mistakenly put in the psy-trance section in the shop.

It has a definite anime feel, from all the artwork which is really cool to the music that really feels like it need some accompanying anime movie. All topped off by the last track.

Many here wont like it, if you think you might hate don't even bother!

I like it though :)

Of the artists that have made a concerted effort to move away from Psy Trance. IM, YB & JR, JR is by far the most accomplished IMO. In the YB album I found the ideas old & lacking somewhat. I like this more so far. Like YB sound mixed with Labyrinth :ph34r:

Is "City Of The Sinful" on the album? The version of that on the Live DVD lasy year I freakin' loved.

Yes it is!

Tracklist

1 Inca Steppa (7:45)

2 Tokyo Dub (7:08)

3 Las Vegas Future Past (5:59)

4 Mind Of The Free (6:13)

5 Immaculate Cruxifiction (7:38)

6 City Of The Sinful (4:43)

7 Tanta Pena (5:51)

8 Perfect Crime (Superman) (6:24)

9 Pretty Girl (5:28)

I always return to the days when I first heard juno reactor for the first time in my life and electornic music at age 15 or 16 or so... and have to release out a woot and exclamantion .

...WHIOOOPIE!!!!!!!!!

yeah I ditto everything already said though.

cover art atleast looks neat