• 120-140 BPM
    • 140-160 BPM
    • 160-180 BPM
    • Gabba, BreakCore, Madness

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt be interesting to make a loop with 0,0000000000000000001 bpm and some super fast notes...like 2048ths.... haha

i made some of my best work that way, tempo down to the lowest possible & chopping up every loop :P (delays are essential though)

Since the early 90's I've progressed from:

uk rave (110bpm - 130bpm)

to

euphoric trance (130bpm - 135bpm)

to

techno (detroit, lock n acid) (135bpm - 140bpm)

to

goa (mid-to-late 90's style although I discovered it in around year 2000: @135bpm - 145bpm)

to

currently darkpsy (145bpm - 150bpm)

I'm going faster as I get older :posford:

Around 140 bpm

On parties it can be a bit above if the sound is good, at home it should be below (that's why I voted for 120-140) since I like prog. That's about it.

Beatless is fine aswell, for ambient, but I'm not listening that often to it.

Ok now seriously what music is a bpm between 0-50?

That is fucking retarded... even dub is 70bpm... don't think you can get much slower than that. At least not in any of the genres mentioned here.

ambient, glitch, circuit bending.... <_<

There's no particular BPM that I prefer. It all depends on the particular song, type of music, my mood, etc. I generally don't like really high BPM stuff, but there are exceptions. Khetzel's Ganesha Pramana comes to mind, as well as a lot of jazz music, I believe some of Duke Ellingtons music is about 250BPM :o. I can't even stick to one genre of music, let alone a particular tempo. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, my favourite genre is Gabber/Hardcore, and in particular Speedcore. Anyone else fancies >300 BPM music and more ?

But I listen to Goa trance 75% of the times.

Strange :huh: This is the story:

Originally I loved Hardcore (ie Gabber, not Happy or UK Hardcore) During 1994/1995 I had taped some Goa. Between 1996/1998 I listened only to Hardcore but somewhere between 1998/1999 I rediscoverd Trance (Goa) again.

Nowadays I listen to Goa mostly as I said above (read: GOA NOT PSY!) , also because I can't do much noise with my wife around. But when I blast some Hardcore-Speedcore-Terror it always confirms that Hardcore is still my favourite sound :rolleyes: Especially I love todays Industrial influenced, experimental Hardcore and 666 BPM stuff :posford:

• 2 weeks later...

The tempo doesn't matter. Tempo is just a compositional tool.

To be fair, it does matter. While being a tool, it really works.

My favourite BPM is between 155 and 175, preferably ~165. But that's about darkpsy.

If you mean classic goa, then it doesn't really matter; 135-150 would be fully nice.

And if it's classic progressive/uplifting trance, I don't mind about 126-140.

I'm also a big fan of various chill stuff, be it classic chillout, psybient, dark or drone ambient.

BPM in fact should not be a barrier for your preferences in music. There are different levels of perception of different music, of different ALL. All has its time and place in life occasionally. That's what I see as one of the integral parts of ultimate state of consciousness; be able to comprehend different music, to adapt to different circumstances, reach ultimate mental flexibility, since basically all "progressive", "uplifting", "goa", "psy", "darkpsy" and "ambient" genres have very solid common ground. Geniunly, this is intelligent music. All this musical matter is very similar to real life. In my country there's a wise statement: "the one who can't work hard will never can have a good rest". Polarity.

Same with intelligent music. Once you reached the level of comprehension of hard music, you will have more pleasure from listening to easy and chilling music, than the one who limits oneself with a couple of neighbour subgenres or even a couple of artists.

I can listen to both 180 BPM darkpsy and to mind-melting classical or new age music, such as "Gregorian - Join Me" and other beauties. I have awesome pleasure from listening to any of these genres. And at the same time, I'm able to reject primitive and weird music, like electro house (I consider the biggest disgrace to music in the history of humanity) or hardcore (which I don't consider as music for its abnormality).

Develop yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing Dark Psychedelic is around 160-180 BPM if I am not mistaken :huh: , though that differs depending on the mood and place, since Dark is what I like the most but sometimes you just basically want to hear something more calming. :drama: