• Beatless
    • 0-50 PM
    • 50-100 BPM
    • 100-120 BPM
    • 120-140 BPM
    • 140-160 BPM
    • 160-180 BPM
    • Gabba, BreakCore, Madness

There is wide range of tempos and beats and I mostly enjoy in all of them. When I was younger I liked very fast beats and was crazy about gabba, hardcore, drum'n'bass... When you are young and full of energy and at your most naughty phase it is obvious that you'd enjoy craziness and violence of sounds. When I started going to parties in the mid nineties, the beats were rather slower and the tempo in psychedelia was just about right, ranging from 120 to 140, my favorite range. It is just enough fast and entrancing but not too slow or too deranged. Perfect tempo. The more older I get, the slower my mind tempo works and these days I enjoy mostly between 100 and 120 BPM. Lots of beatless ambient, soundscapes and very slow music is also involved. It soothens your brainwaves and makes you tranquil. What are your favourite tempos ? Multiple choices. ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

120-140, I like the slower bpm Goa tracks, and overall slower bpm. I don't really think the extra bpm gives anything unless it's strictly for the dancefloor. Occasionaly I can enjoy dark 160 bpm psy, but only rarely and in small doses.

i just noticed, or my taste just changed, but 145 is really tops for me now

some faster dark shit ok but i never stand that for more than a half hour or so

i consider 120 bpm to be more intense than 140 for instance (when talking about 4/4 kickdrum music)

sorry but the vote is only for narrowminded. so people can´t liek slow and fast or what?

The 'favorite' is something you like the most between other things,that you also like.

favorite

adjective

1. appealing to the general public; "a favorite tourist attraction"

2. preferred above all others and treated with partiality; "the favored child" [syn: favored]

You open minded road fetishist legend.

I like Speedcore, so 600+ BPM is very fine with me ;)

I like speedcore myself. But I also love beatless soundscapes, and that's 0 bpm. So I'm not gonna vote here. I can't pick one BPM range, it seems a bit silly to me. A good track is a good track, no matter what.

way to wide a scale for me to vote.

140- 160??

between at least 143 and 146 at most.

faster is ok for short periods, but much over 150, - thaT is - what? gabber ? psycho sick trance?

slower than 140 needs to be sped up if it is supposed to be psytrance, 137 is the low end

sorry but the vote is only for narrowminded. so people can´t liek slow and fast or what?

I like speedcore myself. But I also love beatless soundscapes, and that's 0 bpm. So I'm not gonna vote here. I can't pick one BPM range, it seems a bit silly to me. A good track is a good track, no matter what.

I have put in my post MULTIPLE CHOICES which means you can pick no matter how much, not only one. ;)

No such thing as 0BPM. There's always a beat

I dig everything from 1-160 bpm, but my favorites lie between 140-160. Any faster than 160 and its not really danceable in my mind, and so often it seems that artists make that fast stuff as a gimmick. Or so it seems to me.

My absolute favorite BPM ever in the whole world is 152. B)

110-124 (Downbeat and ambient)

136-142 (slower goa trance as well as minimal techno and progpsy)

148-151 (full on goa)

170-180 (Drum n Bass and liquid funk)

I concidering gabba to be a gimmick tbh... drum n bass isn't though. Just check out this liquid funk set... its easy listening, a real nice intro and generally uplifting. Check it out if you normally don't listen to such high tempos... its refreshing.

I'm sick of stuff in the 145 region... seriously. 148 is so much better.

I put down the favourite tempos as 100 - 120, 140-160, 160-gabba... etc. who's the other one? :ph34r:

I do not however like a solid 60/90/120/180 bpm track... to me, it has to be up or down one point... (i'm not really big on tracks that sound like marches :P)

As for the 160 bpm thing: 160 bpm is cool because at that tempo, psychedelic trance is fast, but when D'n'B is on that tempo, it's said to be slow... D'n'B mixed with Psy at this tempo makes for a pleasant combination...

(ssp warning!) My stuff, nowadays seems to revolve around the 155-165 BPM range....