Synthless Ambient?

Malevol3nt

Is there any album out there (preferably ambient) that the producer who made it didn't use not one synth, but everything was made out of sounds recorded in nature / outside etc.? I'm really interested in what that would sound like, tracks made totally out of the random ambience caught in the outside, the nature, or the city. :)

Is there any album out there (preferably ambient) that the producer who made it didn't use not one synth, but everything was made out of sounds recorded in nature / outside etc.? I'm really interested in what that would sound like, tracks made totally out of the random ambience caught in the outside, the nature, or the city. :)

haha I'm the absolute opposite :D

in fact, there's so much "nature ambient" out there I'm quite surprised you ask. It's much harder to find global communication /solar quest kinda melodic analog synth based ambient I reckon. :)

Anyway, I leave the question to be answered by the experts. I guess bahamut, astro cortex and the guys help you out. :)

in fact, there's so much "nature ambient" out there I'm quite surprised you ask.

+1

Malevol3nt, coming from Croatia, there are XYZ releases which pretty much fit your description floating all over Zagreb for virtually next to nothing :)

I remember once listening to a CD consisting exclusively of sounds of waves clashing against each other, dolphins, etc... It was a painful experience. No wonder I barely get a kick out of ambient music. Yawnish yawns all over the place.

In the states, there's a gazillion of these things. They're great to listen to when you're sitting around doing NOTHING but getting ready to sleep. Really, they do what they're intended to do, relax the listener. Sometimes beyond their advertised relaxation limits, ha ha.

-d

Hehe. Well I really did mean something thats not just a mix of 10 layered sounds, but rather something that actually makes sense, has some rhythm, not just dull layering if you know what I mean.

have you tried dub techno?

I think that might just do the trick for you...

check out deepchord, rhythm & sound and robert henke if you got the time.

Definitely check:

Hazard

Also some Biosphere albums fit your description, not all though. Maybe Substrata and Autour De La Lune and there's his field recordings album as Geir Jenssen :

Cho Oyu 8201m – Field Recordings From Tibet from his trip to Tibet...

This looks interesting indeed. Where can I get some previews of this, if any?