mixing software?

so some of you must use mixing software on your computers right??

what are the newer good proggys??

i am still using some old ass versions of Traktor, which i really like but it's so old i imagine there is something newer/ better?

with midi in ?

final scratch was pretty cool, but im not looking to use that much extra gear

If you aren't using mixing software at home, you should get some and try it.

so much fun

so some of you must use mixing software on your computers right??

what are the newer good proggys??

i am still using some old ass versions of Traktor, which i really like but it's so old i imagine there is something newer/ better?

with midi in ?

final scratch was pretty cool, but im not looking to use that much extra gear

If you aren't using mixing software at home, you should get some and try it.

so much fun

Newer versions of Traktor :D There was something that Acidkills pozted as well with VST support and stuff, Did not try that yet though.

Newer versions of Traktor :D There was something that Acidkills pozted as well with VST support and stuff, Did not try that yet though.

cool. so do newer versions beat match better???

one thing i found is newer TRACKS match bettter, for two reasons- one, heavy bass, but MOre, better timing and sync on newer machines that made he music, less fluctuation throughout the tracks.

one thing i couldn't get into with one of the studio versions was setting up cues for everything.

the orginial studio and mixer progs let you do it either way, then it all of a sudden got real complicated

My question is what kind of compatible hardware units/controllers do you like to use with said mixing software :)

This is something I massively need to get into.

How is deckadance by the way?

With CMX Bitstream 3X great! Only the crossfader is reversed but theres a way to fix that.. Still didnt set it up good with serato. Hope to get it work

@ amphiton

Yeah but you forgot to write LIVE! I prefer Ableton for live, deckadance fits better for djing.. Live! can be used for djing but thats not what its actually meant for like the full name says, Ableton Live

Deckadance= use it with decks for dance..

Its all in the name..

Ableton?

i can understand the use of ableton as a mixing tool if you wish to incorporate your own stuffs and loops, but not as a dj tool, it would in my eyes not be considered proper E-Jay'in :D

i use anything with a knob as a controller- for mixing , all you need is hopefully a slider and as many knobs as you can get.

lately i am screwed back into the early version of traktor (vid card issues with later one, go figure) and use the keyboard and mouse. as long as you can use two hands, you do whatever a dj would do

also, thank i had not heard of deckadance, i will check it out