Cheap sound system

So I'm looking to acquire a sound system of my own so I don't have to rent/rely on others', for parties. I'm hoping to spend less than 1000 USD, and get a decent system capable of putting out enough sound for a good party, with all the necessary limiters, amps, and whatnot. Hopefully to become the basis for a much larger system, but that's for the future...

Any info helps me!

Search no more

You can get one of these for the $750

mackie srm450v2

But unfortunately, only one..

They are good for smaller parties, although they are used as monitors in some clubs.. Ive been to one party and when it was closing time, they shut down main speakers and dj turned mackies monitors to the crowd, awesome.. I played on earlier version and the sound is incredibly clear and loud enough..

Search no more

You can get one of these for the $750

mackie srm450v2

But unfortunately, only one..

They are good for smaller parties, although they are used as monitors in some clubs.. Ive been to one party and when it was closing time, they shut down main speakers and dj turned mackies monitors to the crowd, awesome.. I played on earlier version and the sound is incredibly clear and loud enough..

I used SRM450's in my studio when I had it along time back. A Pair can be had for about ~1k dollars used, and you can find them in awesome condition for that price. I sold mine locally in perfect cosmetic condition as well as functional to somebody for 1k dollars including the tripods :) And they're powered, so they're pretty simple to setup and can get super loud. Although they provide enough bass for room enclosures, for an outdoor party, they'll work but definitely would need an additive subwoofer to provide a hand in the bass frequencies since sound travels, yah!

;)

I know nothing about the v2's.

-d

Although they provide enough bass for room enclosures, for an outdoor party, they'll work but definitely would need an additive subwoofer to provide a hand in the bass frequencies since sound travels, yah!

;)

I know nothing about the v2's.

-d

Actually we used them on outdoor party for <200 people and it was no problem.. They tried to gain the speakers and I was in charge of supervising the speakers so they dont get damaged, and man was it a hustle.. You know when guys just want to gain and gain and gain, like it will be better if its louder.. But in the end they were OK, suffered a lot but survived.. Woofer would be nice, yeah..

V2 can only be better, I don't doubt at mackie.. Top class

Actually we used them on outdoor party for <200 people and it was no problem.. They tried to gain the speakers and I was in charge of supervising the speakers so they dont get damaged, and man was it a hustle.. You know when guys just want to gain and gain and gain, like it will be better if its louder.. But in the end they were OK, suffered a lot but survived.. Woofer would be nice, yeah..

V2 can only be better, I don't doubt at mackie.. Top class

Yeah, the 450's are rockin no doubt. I used them in a 16x25 studio space I had when I was trying to mix with my pile of records. I spent more time listening to my music on the system than even trying to learn to mix :) so I gave up and stopped paying my studio fees, removed everything, hung onto the gear for about 6 months and then parted it out locally. It was a pretty dope setup too, and I was planning on using it to start a group, but...nobody was digging psy in the midwest of the united states when i was ready to throw down. So, I had about 7k dollars in studio gear that I wish I had invested in synths instead :-D sooo much more fun IMO now that everything's getting worked out [the kinks] and shit!

So, there you have it, two for the 450's :)

OH ANOTHER NOTE

I doubt Mackie more than ever now...only because they're outsourcing to China now if you are unaware. This came as a huge disappointment, but....you know, labor's cheap in China. :( I just bought a new studio rack from Stagg Music. It's a really awesome rack, 12u on top [can tilt/angle it], 9u on bottom [vertical] and it arrived....it said "Engineered in Europe, Made in China" which made me laugh because of the "Peoples Car" with my Volkswagen Jetta. I blew the motor but....It was "Engineered in Germany, made in Mexico" haha! Now, I drive a volkswagen cabrio which did come from Germany! But I still have to get underneath it and install a new 5th gear damnit! :)

Really though, I think the engineered/made in shit is annoying. I mean, with things like Mackie being made where they come from, the United States, you have all those immigrants working REALLY HARD to do the best job they can to keep that job they can and they're determined to keep their quality up, but overseas, look at the Andromeda A6's, once outsourced to Taiwan, quality went BANG! Like, there's no quality control or something going on. This isn't to say the product is bad, but...in practice, I'd rather buy things that are engineered in europe, made in europe, and this falls true for some things USA too :) - I won't get into the bad sides of buying made in the USA [kids toys for example, JUNK!] :)))))))) HAHA

eof

-d

Find a sponsor and get this:

http://reno.craigslist.org/ele/546921262.html

:)

Shit, if that were 8 months from now, I would totally buy it and a big trailer, and a truck! And then I'd go spend another 120k in solar panels and go have my own parties out in the middle of nowhere by myself with beer, music, and this system.

then i'd retire.

-d

Shit, if that were 8 months from now, I would totally buy it and a big trailer, and a truck! And then I'd go spend another 120k in solar panels and go have my own parties out in the middle of nowhere by myself with beer, music, and this system.

then i'd retire.

-d

There's a chance it will still be available in 8 months hehe so ... keep saving money :P

There's a chance it will still be available in 8 months hehe so ... keep saving money :P

Gah, freaking hell I would totally throw down on this! How would you manage it all though!? Those things can't be light weight, and storage would be kind of interesting, but hell, you could throw some amazing house parties.... 10,000 watts; can you get that out of a back porch outlet :]?

OH MAN THAT HUGE SYSTEM IS RIGHT IN RENO! Where I live! Hehe...

Too bad thats WAY out of my range...

Dual Mackies for around 1k used is about what Im looking for, nothing big or anything, just a beginning of a giant system. Thanks all, gonna have a look around Craigslist and other such places for stuff... And yeah I know a grand isn't all that much for a good system. But I gotta start somewhere and theres NO way Im gonna go generic. (Not again...)

$400 for 2 louds and an amp, both the amp and the louds blew when a hardcore dj was drunk and cranked the highs. I leave for 5 minutes...

OH MAN THAT HUGE SYSTEM IS RIGHT IN RENO! Where I live! Hehe...

Too bad thats WAY out of my range...

Dual Mackies for around 1k used is about what Im looking for, nothing big or anything, just a beginning of a giant system. Thanks all, gonna have a look around Craigslist and other such places for stuff... And yeah I know a grand isn't all that much for a good system. But I gotta start somewhere and theres NO way Im gonna go generic. (Not again...)

I contacted the dude, but he said it was pending pickup. I was hoping to get a uhaul and grab it. I was thinking maybe start a traveling sound company, that way I can travel to parties...and make money while doing it :) hah

-d