The track that made you an electronic music lover

Ormion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember listening a lot to The Prodigy - Poison, discovering 'Music For The Jilted Generation' more and more as a result.

As for psytrance and the likes, The Delta - As a child I could walk on the ceiling pretty much did the trick for me.

Hmm, i'd have to say probably Orbital - Halcyon On and On (and I still think its great) as well as Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up/Firestarter (dont really care for them anymore). I also liked some old Nine Inch Nails stuff which I guess could be considered electronic, but I just thought they were a "grunge" band (hey i was only about 10 years old :P)

As for the 'psychedelic' side of electronic music, that would be Hallucinogen - LSD, and Hallucinogen is still my favorite trance music to this day, although I consider LSD to be one of his worse songs :)

I don't remember for sure as I was quite young, but it was either Technotronic - Pump up the Jam or Black Box - Ride on Time, both in late 1989 !

Goa came in 95 after techno-house, dance, hardcore, trancecore, prodigy, etc...

first

Doctor Alban - It's my life (in original track in beginning, computer voice had prepared us for electronic era in music :) )

then

Prodigy - One Love, No good, Break&Enter, Poison, Smake My Bitch Up...

and then

Bypass Unit - Phaser Galaxy has captured me over

I think I was subjected to a lot Jean Michel Jarre in my mothers womb, since I remember liking his music since I start remembering stuff at all (so around age 3-4'ich) but in particular I have always really loved his album Magnetic Fields.... I had it on tape (my dad draw an eye like on the LP cover so I could recognize it) and I brought it to my daycare (børnehave) all the time, the other kids must have thought I was a bit odd :unsure:

not my favorite part but here is a video of it >>click<<

I was on the late 80 early 90 dance music as well, Technotronics, Culture Beat, Dr Alban and all that, I also got a few industrial techno mix tapes from my brother and an EP, Then I didn't listen to electronic music for a period and really started disliking dance misic, and then what else to listen to than heavy metal :P then came goa trance :rolleyes:

ED: and just to answer the topic title question: JMJ - Magnetic Fields Part 1

It's too hard to think back and pick a particular song that converted me as a kid because I listened to all sorts of music as a kid, but Omnibus and everything from Rammstein gave me some pretty good goosebumps. Before that it was The Hamster Dance. It's the worst synth-pop-esque song on the planet but way back then that beat drove me crazy. It was like the first time you saw a Playboy magazine from your dads closet and couldn't figure out why you were pitching a tent in your pants.... After that it was Ott's Hallucinogen In Dub. I was with a few friends tripping balls on top of one of the largest sand dunes in the United States, stargazing, while listening to his masterpiece in my Tri-ports and that's when I realized the potential that electronic music has on the altered mind.

***EDIT*** EIFFEL 65!!!!

Well, I was always aware of Jean Michel Jarre as a kid, i loved oxygene 4 and all that. And that 3000 miles from home track was always my favorite by the Rolling Stones.

But I actually only conciously started following electronic music after hearing Mark'Oh - Randy :lol:Never stop that feeling...

And then I was into stuff like early scooter, Westbam, Dune (Hardcore Vibes!!!! This one is dedicated to all the ravers in the nation).

But fairly quickly i progressed into psytrance and the Platipus sound in 95, and then i caught up on all the older frankfurt trance. and then it went from there...

You mean U96 ;)

First electronic song I loved was definitely 2 Unlimited - Let the beat control your body.

After I heard the song I started to listen everything that music had to offer. Magic Affair, Snap, Scooter, Dr Alban, Ice MC, E-Type, Capella... You name it, I still have all that shit in my collection.

Juno Reactor-God is God (CJ Bolland rmx)

CRAZY video, like WHOA.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/junoreac...-rmx/2248834255

• 4 weeks later...

For me it was not a track but an album. When I was young I often listened to my father's album "Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells II", that is my first memory of electronic music, and I got hooked at once!