The track that made you an electronic music lover

Ormion

Everybody has a track that introduced him to the magic world of electronic music.

Mine is this

Cheesy as... cheese, but back then (1991) I was 10 years old and I fell in love with it. This track is responsible for being an electronic freak.

Thank you Chimo Bayo! :D

Tell me yours!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this counts as electronic music or not, but I came to electronic music via DJ Shadow, to whom I came through this:

It's also one of the best music videos I've ever seen.

I don't remember the very first electronical track but I think it must be Axel F. I used to own three different tapes with classic synthesizer themes and Axel F was on there too. Also stuff like The Model, those comps used to be rather well-known when they were fresh on the market.

As I am an old fart, I would have to say Kraftwerk or Front 242... i THINK what made me really love Electronica was: Front 242 Headhunter hehe. 1988 i think that was released, or maybe 1987. Of course there was other electronica before that, but this really made me look further for other stuff. :)

first ones i heard were probably JMJ and sandra [hey, its quite electronic, ok :P], JMJ at some parts scared the shit out of me as a kid, deep scary frequencies :lol:

then came 90s with snap, culture beat, max and scooter and all that shit, scooter remained for quite some while before i turned to cheese trance and then finally into goa-psy :lol:

very difficult question.

As far as i can remember, i listened alot of electronic music like westbam & dune in the early 90's.

But i didn't consider myself to be deep in to electronic music back then.

Back in those days trance & rave was top 50 material on the radio, so i enjoyed them, but no more or less than i enjoyed other genres.

If there is one track that made me an electronic music lover it's probably underworld - born slippy.

I checked my CD collection and this is one of the oldest songs that is still in it.

I had alot of other CD's but they all vanished.

Like i said, i didn't consider myself a die hard electronic music lover, but that changed when i started to go out.

I witnessed the death of the rave era (my first party was a candy rave reunion, told my parent i would visit a friend and go to a concert :lol: )

Afterwards i went to techno parties (Dj Rush & Marco Remus kind of stuff), sometimes a Drum & bass party.

But when Clearchannel took over the belgian techno parties with their exclusivity contracts and tried to build a monoply all those parties dissapeard and were replaced by moneymaking popparties. It still feels the techno core in Belgium was hijacked over night by some greedy americans. Those who bowed to clearchannel survived, those who refused dissapeared. We had sooooo many great parties & festivals.

Then i discovered the less commercial goascene with it's "do it yourself" attitude.

House Torhout, Techno nation, seat (axion) beack rock, all destroyed by Clearchannel <_< . It's sad....

:( beh, thinking about the past makes me sad today. THANKS ALOT, whoever started this thread :angry:

New Beat vol. 2-3 :)

I got them from my dad in the late 80's, early 90's (when I was 8-10 years old) and loved it... After that I bought my first own electronic music cds... Serious Beats 3-7, Trancemaster 2-3-4,... :) So I never knew any other music it seems... Probably because of my parents... :)

The Orb - Fluffy Little Clouds.

I heard it on a US web site... X-Radio or something? And from that point forward I realized music could be positive and uplifting... it was a good change from the dreary grunge and industrial that I had been into at the time.

Basicly the entire 'Synthesizer Greatest 1' tape: http://www.musicmeter.nl/album/48999

Theme From Antarctica, Axel F, Pulstar, Tubular Bells...

All remakes of classic electronic tracks by some Dutch guy.

I played it endlessly when I was 11, 12 years old. For me it started everything (but the original versions of these tracks are better of course).

EDIT!

Just found out the whole name, it's

Bedrock - Beautiful Strange (Rui da Silva remix) (12:54)

Oh the memmories... :) This was the very first electronic track I've heard, and ever since I got addicted! :posford:

ed: I'd sooooo want to trip on this track!!

/me dances

Same as many others apparently, Scooter

I can't stand that shit they release nowdays but back in the days, 94-96 they had some really ok tracks without lyrics

I don't really understand why so many artists evolves in a backward kind of way, cares less about the music itself and just embrace the mainstream sound instead of thinking for them selves

edit: post came out a bit negative, sorry didnt mean too :)

The very first electronica for me was KRAFTWERK back in 1986 when Electric Cafe came out. My parents played a cassette while I was 7 yrs old and I remember well very known samples in Music Non Stop. That track is an awesome track for child's play, hah. Music Non Stop was my very first electronic track that I've heard that young.

Then came out KLF, in 1988, who have been played on MTV like crazy. I was watching MTV show for years before it turned into complete shit at the end of the nineties. The first tracks I've heard were What Time Is Love (1998) and 3 A.M. Eternal (1989) followed with Last Train To Trancentral (1990). All three great tunes, that I still like.

After that came PRODIGY with their tracks Charly (1991) and Everybody In The Place (1991) followed with Experience album in 1992.

Around the same time SNAP! started releasing their own dance anthems, most of which I dislike, but there are few of the classic ones like The Power (1990), Colour Of Love (1991), Exterminate! (1992), Rhythm Is A Dancer (1992) that are worth mentioning. I was little kid at those times, but for a little kid these were new revelations and an instant passion was developed for electronic music.

The old 80's like Paul Hardcastle, Afrika Bambaataa, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys and so on.

Which was my first track, I don't know, because I was too young to remember me and I liked already electronic music. :)

I think it was Visage with Fade to Grey or Jean Micheal Jarre with Oxygene. When I heard it first, I was 5 or 6 years old.