Am I the oldest guy here?

Trance2MoveU

Hahaha, I think the same sometimes myself. I'm used to being the youngest at parties, amongst people who like that kind of music etc. But that sure has changed :)

Yes, yes, that is also the same reason why I feel old!

I was used to being one of the youngest ones. Now that I see others who are as young as I was before I get sentimental. And my youth also gave me some self-confidence and security earlier, because I was younger than others and still made it to this freak event ... kinda like that. It also was some kind of protection. Like I could allow talking something ununderstandable, look at people weird, just do what I feel like because I was young and a n00b and therefore could do it. This is missing now. And I don't like it.

I'm sure this is a psychological issue. Has to do with self-confidence. I should fix it ... I don't think it will get better in the following years...

2nd or first, that doesnt matter :)!

what matters is...

... that you are all farts :ph34r:

2nd or first, that doesnt matter :) !

what matters is...

... that you are all farts :ph34r:

Unless you really mean we're the anal emission of digestive gasses, you should describe us as 'old farts'.

Yes, yes, that is also the same reason why I feel old!

I was used to being one of the youngest ones. Now that I see others who are as young as I was before I get sentimental. And my youth also gave me some self-confidence and security earlier, because I was younger than others and still made it to this freak event ... kinda like that. It also was some kind of protection. Like I could allow talking something ununderstandable, look at people weird, just do what I feel like because I was young and a n00b and therefore could do it. This is missing now. And I don't like it.

I'm sure this is a psychological issue. Has to do with self-confidence. I should fix it ... I don't think it will get better in the following years...

for me its the exact opposite. When i first started going to parties i felt so insecure (granted, i was only 15 or 16), it was scary. i thought everyone was so cool and i was such a little shitty wanna-be. which i was....but still.

Now when I go to a party (at 28), any electronic music party anywhere in the world, i feel like i own the fucking place. Definite case of snobbyism, but i always feel i have the best taste in music, seen the most shit, been there-done that, to put it in a different way:

I am l337 :posford:

seriously, the older i get the better i feel about myself. maybe it will change when i hit the "old-fart" mark, but i think especially for men it only gets better until you hit 50 or so, and if you are rich and take care of you'll be fine until even later. For women, things look a little different of course, but thats really not my problem :P

for me its the exact opposite. When i first started going to parties i felt so insecure (granted, i was only 15 or 16), it was scary. i thought everyone was so cool and i was such a little shitty wanna-be. which i was....but still.

Now when I go to a party (at 28), any electronic music party anywhere in the world, i feel like i own the fucking place. Definite case of snobbyism, but i always feel i have the best taste in music, seen the most shit, been there-done that, to put it in a different way:

I am l337 :posford:

seriously, the older i get the better i feel about myself. maybe it will change when i hit the "old-fart" mark, but i think especially for men it only gets better until you hit 50 or so, and if you are rich and take care of you'll be fine until even later. For women, things look a little different of course, but thats really not my problem :P

I was 16 as well as I started going to parties :)

But I never felt insecure. On the contrary ... the fact that I'm there, others there are older and everybody is wasted I really liked. Well, maybe from the outside I looked like some idiot chav kid, but on the inside it gave me something. Really...

I mean, I can't even say I have less fun on parties, no, that's not the case ... that has stayed somehow constant on average. But there's just this feeling that something is gone. And when I think about it, then yeah, it's the "n00b feeling", the feeling that all these things are new. I miss it, it was cool. I also didn't feel timid back then. Like, going up to people and ask them about whatever I wanted to know. I don't do that anymore, it has ceased. One reason for this is that I feel I have gotten older, that I have no right to behave like a noob anymore and another reason is that there actually is nothing I'd ask, because nowadays I already know what I wanna know. So it's not only timidness (that has gotten more too though), it's just the question why I should do it, I see no reason in it anymore...

But I think that is it! The fact that it's nothing new to me anymore, that's why I feel "old".

I believe on an industrial or dark ambient or noise festy I could get that feeling again, because I've never been to one. I really more and more think that my future lies in this direction, at least looking at it from the "getting a kick from something new" side that I have...