The End... kind of

Jikkenteki

For the last several months I've been wrestling with the "business" side of music, among other things. Due to issues in my personal life that have gutted me emotionally, coupled with the "business" issues of running PAR-2 and trying to do music at some professional level as an artist, which has gutted me financially, I am, for all intents and purposes, going to quit doing music seriously. PAR-2 will still release Zekazy's album when he has finished it, but after that future of PAR-2 is uncertain. My second album, "Flights Of Infinity" has been finished for over 14 months, but I am STILL waiting for other people to finish their sides of the project. Once that is finished I will make the album available as a free download on wav and mp3. If there is enough interest and a prayer I might break even I MAY do a very small printing in the future, but that is 50/50 at best now. Psynews has been my best source of support so far so I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me up to this point.

Best regards,

Rennis/Jikkenteki

Damn dude. That is terrible news. I am sorry to hear things are not working out for Par-2.

It does sound like it's really been stressful on you, and you gotta do what you can to reduce that. Maybe it can be revived at a later date.

Here's to hoping you can release the new Jikkenteki on CD. You know you have several Psynewsers already in line to pay for it. :clapping:

For the last several months I've been wrestling with the "business" side of music, among other things. Due to issues in my personal life that have gutted me emotionally, coupled with the "business" issues of running PAR-2 and trying to do music at some professional level as an artist, which has gutted me financially, I am, for all intents and purposes, going to quit doing music seriously. PAR-2 will still release Zekazy's album when he has finished it, but after that future of PAR-2 is uncertain. My second album, "Flights Of Infinity" has been finished for over 14 months, but I am STILL waiting for other people to finish their sides of the project. Once that is finished I will make the album available as a free download on wav and mp3. If there is enough interest and a prayer I might break even I MAY do a very small printing in the future, but that is 50/50 at best now. Psynews has been my best source of support so far so I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me up to this point.

Best regards,

Rennis/Jikkenteki

Yeap this is not a big money business. Why you need someone on your TEAM who can promote and handle the business end of things, and not rip you off.

I guess this is why goa is dead huh?

Sorry to hear that Jikky.

I can only think of saying, that I am proud to have participated in your ventures. It's rare to find people genuinly in it for the fun of it, such as it is my impression of you - and that's maybe why things are hard to keep floating. Too bad - but hopefully just for now. I sincerely hope you will be able to pick up the reins again later on, if that's what you want.

Honestly, if more people out there ran their labels by the same philosophy, I think we would have a lot of better music, and a lot less worse music. Genres would be less distinct, and diversity more abundant. Thanks for trying this time around J!

- A

I'm really not sure what the future will bring. At the moment I suspect more of a focus on free net releases for awhile or something, but who knows. I will of course keep making music and will most likely give most of it away for free, but the whole "pro" thing has completely turned me off for the time being. If printing plants would just be willing to make small print runs for a reasonable price around here things might be different, but alas....

Damn :(

That sure is sucky news

I'm really not sure what the future will bring. At the moment I suspect more of a focus on free net releases for awhile or something, but who knows. I will of course keep making music and will most likely give most of it away for free, but the whole "pro" thing has completely turned me off for the time being. If printing plants would just be willing to make small print runs for a reasonable price around here things might be different, but alas....

Is there not any cheap CD internet sites where you can press CDs or CD-Rs with no minimum? I know nowadays you can print one copy of a book so surely there must be places you can press CDs. No?

Yea, it is a headach to deal with the reality of it but I think it can only get better from here.

We are in a between time of sorts with music in general. The end of the digital cd and the beginning of less packaged media.

That's a shame, really sad to hear this news. Hope you can work out your troubles i'm sure they're only temporary, whenever you have a bad spell it eventually turns around and gets you to new highs.

As for releasing your cd maybe you can hand out the mp3's and sell the wav's for a small fee, i'm sure you'll be able to generate some revenue that way without all the overheads of printing & distributing a cd. Good luck!

Awww, sad...

Your album was good.

The world needs more people like you who do it with their heart instead of their purse...

I can only wish you good luck on your way.

Sad news. I was hearing Jikkenteki's double album debut today in my car while driving. I love it. It's such a wonderful album!

Due to issues in my personal life that have gutted me emotionally, coupled with the "business" issues of running PAR-2 and trying to do music at some professional level as an artist, which has gutted me financially, I am, for all intents and purposes, going to quit doing music seriously. PAR-2 will still release Zekazy's album when he has finished it, but after that future of PAR-2 is uncertain.

You can't get another label to release your album other than Par-2? What is Zekazy's album?

My second album, "Flights Of Infinity" has been finished for over 14 months, but I am STILL waiting for other people to finish their sides of the project. Once that is finished I will make the album available as a free download on wav and mp3. If there is enough interest and a prayer I might break even I MAY do a very small printing in the future, but that is 50/50 at best now. Psynews has been my best source of support so far so I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me up to this point.

Oh I really want to hear this.. "Flight Of Infinity." You have my support of course. Any artist or label who releases a great double album for $9.95 will always have my support if they release more great albums, whether they be ten bucks, 16 bucks or free. I will spread the word and write a positive review, however short or long it is.

sad news indeed. psytrance is back to the basic foundations: lack of sales and money force people to go for it for the fun, for making music, for releasing it free... and playing around when people recognize and appreciate your music. The "pro" thing is indeed a cage, leading to false expectations and to unwanted changes to make it work...

i hope this turns out to be a good thing, in the mid-range :)

people already know and like your music... and will be expecting your next work, free or whatever!

Just don't stop doing music please ;)

boom

Well you put your heart into this album. I put my heart into the review, I finally finished today after a long hiatus since April 2007. You deserved it. Great work. Great/excellent album. See below for details. Good luck and hope everything works out for the best for you! :)

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...=20#entry813802

Thanks again for all the support and kind words. On a personal level, things are still a mess here, but some of the clouds have been clearing up a little. Actually making the decision to step away from the standard CD production/record label model has helped a lot on music side of things and I've gotten some of my passion back for making tunes and such again. Regarding "Flights Of Infinity", all that I need now is someone to do the art (our regular artist is simply too busy) and then it will be up for complete free download. Also looking into some cheaper cd production methods so I think there is a strong chance that it will be available in some physical format at some point in the future, but exactly when isn't clear yet (again, depends on someone doing the art). Also I had been working on a double remix CD the last year. Things have kind of stalled on that front, but at the moment I have enough material for a single CD sized release and depending on talks with a couple artists I'm thinking that will get the same treatment as Flight Of Infinity fairly soon. For the moment I'm finding the "free" business model quite liberating and even though I'm basically refusing to do anything anymore that involves me losing money (i.e. even less live shows than before), all signs now point to a lot more music actually getting out into people's hands, so all's well that ends well I guess (now if all this shit in my private life would just end well as well).

hey Jikkenteki,

did you get my pm?

Supergroover:

Yeah I got it thanks, I've been running back and forth from work all day so I haven't had time to properly reply yet. Hopefully tonight or sometime tomorrow I get back to you with more details....

Surprised noone has noticed the "bonus" in my last post yet.... or maybe they have and just haven't commented yet (shrugs) :huh:

Thanks again for all the support and kind words. On a personal level, things are still a mess here, but some of the clouds have been clearing up a little. Actually making the decision to step away from the standard CD production/record label model has helped a lot on music side of things and I've gotten some of my passion back for making tunes and such again. Regarding "Flights Of Infinity", all that I need now is someone to do the art (our regular artist is simply too busy) and then it will be up for complete free download. Also looking into some cheaper cd production methods so I think there is a strong chance that it will be available in some physical format at some point in the future, but exactly when isn't clear yet (again, depends on someone doing the art). Also I had been working on a double remix CD the last year. Things have kind of stalled on that front, but at the moment I have enough material for a single CD sized release and depending on talks with a couple artists I'm thinking that will get the same treatment as Flight Of Infinity fairly soon. For the moment I'm finding the "free" business model quite liberating and even though I'm basically refusing to do anything anymore that involves me losing money (i.e. even less live shows than before), all signs now point to a lot more music actually getting out into people's hands, so all's well that ends well I guess (now if all this shit in my private life would just end well as well).

More music? Great!

Hope everything works out for you mate

Wow, Jikkenteki thanks for the (dare I say it?) new album complete preview! :blink:

I can recognize your trance side of The Long Walk Home. I personally don't like that style that much, as I find it quite hard to listen to. Though, I liked the first track (the beatless part + the uptempo coming in). And I also like the second half. I found it easier to listen and it was quite amazing, energy diriving mostly.

I think I'll buy it even if I don't like all the tracks. The track at the middle was actually very very good and it is good from that point on. :)

Do you plan on some ambient stuff? I have to say it is what amazed me most in your first album.

Good luck and thanks again.

EDIT: woooooo, the track at 52 min is just aaaaamaaazing! My favourite one so far!