We Created Our Own Happiness

traveller

Funnily enough I listened to this album (on vinyl) just a couple of hours ago hehe. It truly is one of the best albums out there imo, as well :) 11/10 if you ask me. Then again, I am just as much a fan of X-Dream as I am of Eat Static, Juno Reactor, Hardfloor and all those other I ramble about all the time haha. :) People should start making music like this again, that would be awsome. I think that X-Dream is one of the groups of our genre that also did just their OWN thing, that sounded like no one else.

Care to elaborate? I have the rerelease as well... you think the sound is crap compared to the original release?

Not crap, but the album is re-recorded in reeeeeeally low volume. It appears that the recording volume is lowered a whole lot on the Avatar version. Luckily, though, the original Tunnel Records release is still available ALL over the place for fairly accessible prices.

I had both versions and sold 'em. I'm happy with the WAVs...

Oh its so groovy and sooo psychedelic.The production is top notch as well.10/10 for sure.

The Second Room whhoaarhhh

i remember hearing it on some goa mp3 cd i had, never ever i could guess that this track was produced in 1996[?] B)

i think the one i heard sounded bit different from the one on the album, but still, as im re-listening to it [havent actually given this one proper listen] it sounds quite fucking rocks [our own happiness] B)

Not crap, but the album is re-recorded in reeeeeeally low volume. It appears that the recording volume is lowered a whole lot on the Avatar version. Luckily, though, the original Tunnel Records release is still available ALL over the place for fairly accessible prices.

Hmm... I was considering buying the Avatar release when I saw this topic (it's available on psyshop) but I probably won't in light of what you say. Do you have an example of where one can buy the original?

Hmm... I was considering buying the Avatar release when I saw this topic (it's available on psyshop) but I probably won't in light of what you say. Do you have an example of where one can buy the original?

There is a still sealed copy on discogs going for 22 euros, and that is relatively accessible for an album of this magnitude, IMHO, but if you have never listened to the album before, I might even suggest giving it a listen first, let alone buying the Avatar version.

I'm sorry I can't be of some more help, but since I've had both copies (and sold 'em), I haven't really been looking for that album a whole lot, but I see it pop up pretty often for circa 20 euros, which is not a rip off for a timeless '97 X-Dream classic...

I only have the avatar version and honestly was under the impression the sound quality is _improved_ (as in: remastered cds usually are?) from the original.

oh well, I'll find both and compare myself... :)