I know I've said this before, maybe a couple of times... JUno Rea!@

devious

I really fucking LOVE 10,000 miles off of transmissions! It's so simple and fun! As I bob my head up and down here smiling hehehehe! Transmissions has to be one of my favorite albums by JR, even more so than Bible of Dreams. There's something about their sound then that was just dripping acid all over my boobies! hahaha! =]]]

Okay, I know, maybe not much for discussion, but maybe so! WHO ELSE DIGS TRANSMISSIONS and particularly 10,000 MILES?

:)

-d

I really fucking LOVE 10,000 miles off of transmissions! It's so simple and fun! As I bob my head up and down here smiling hehehehe! Transmissions has to be one of my favorite albums by JR, even more so than Bible of Dreams. There's something about their sound then that was just dripping acid all over my boobies! hahaha! =]]]

Okay, I know, maybe not much for discussion, but maybe so! WHO ELSE DIGS TRANSMISSIONS and particularly 10,000 MILES?

:)

-d

I'm TOTALLY with you, bro. Every word. Great, GREAT album, from when things were more innocent somehow. And 10,000 Miles is soooooooo cool, my most-listened-to track on the album. I like the "guitar" part, too. Beginning-to-end cool, that album. The first time I heard it I hated it, imagine that.

I'm TOTALLY with you, bro. Every word. Great, GREAT album, from when things were more innocent somehow. And 10,000 Miles is soooooooo cool, my most-listened-to track on the album. I like the "guitar" part, too. Beginning-to-end cool, that album. The first time I heard it I hated it, imagine that.

Bwahaha, I didn't like it so much either. I was a beyond the infinite fan having been the first JR album I heard in 96 when I was introduced to this genre on irc. I would listen to it and for some reason, today, I grow tired of BTI, and now Transmissions is like...there, with me! I won't listen to anything for a week [busy dad remember? :)] and suddenly, I sit down and I'm like what do I want to listen to? And then I get into it and then 10k miles is like, love! Like, my first love, really, it's strange. A bonding with a track....It totally makes me smile like I'm on drugs or something like none other really! It *hits* that special spot!!! And now I got some wicked analog sounds on the Prophet bwahaha....I was trying to copy some of the sounds for fun :) didn't turn out okay but these sounds remind me of Wonderground [the album by Healer] which is yummy chill.

Anyways, I'm glad to see you're right there too :] Either we're fucked up, or Transmissions *IS* a golden album! I'd have to say the latter! So inspirational and motivating at the same time...

-d

EDIT: And I swear that instrumental part that comes in before the other instrumental variables towards the mid-end section....sounded like a synthesized flute fah reeeeeeeeeeeell-in-yo-fish! :)

Bwahaha, I didn't like it so much either. I was a beyond the infinite fan having been the first JR album I heard in 96 when I was introduced to this genre on irc. I would listen to it and for some reason, today, I grow tired of BTI, and now Transmissions is like...there, with me! I won't listen to anything for a week [busy dad remember? :)] and suddenly, I sit down and I'm like what do I want to listen to? And then I get into it and then 10k miles is like, love! Like, my first love, really, it's strange. A bonding with a track....It totally makes me smile like I'm on drugs or something like none other really! It *hits* that special spot!!! And now I got some wicked analog sounds on the Prophet bwahaha....I was trying to copy some of the sounds for fun :) didn't turn out okay but these sounds remind me of Wonderground [the album by Healer] which is yummy chill.

Anyways, I'm glad to see you're right there too :] Either we're fucked up, or Transmissions *IS* a golden album! I'd have to say the latter! So inspirational and motivating at the same time...

-d

EDIT: And I swear that instrumental part that comes in before the other instrumental variables towards the mid-end section....sounded like a synthesized flute fah reeeeeeeeeeeell-in-yo-fish! :)

Well, so now I gotta listen to that darned thing, yo... :D

E1: Yeah, man, when that flute comes in it takes me to the Close Encounters theme. Doo-doo-doo-doo-dooooooooooooooo. :D

I gotta chip into this discussion. Unlike most people, I tend to like "Transmissions" more than any other subsequent, and generally considered more groundbreaking and experimental, Juno Reactor release. Their debut just sprinkles that old school madness and acid all over the place. It may their most simple and "conventional" album, but is by far the catchiest and memorable in my opinion that is.

High Energy Protons is awesome. One of the best 4x4 tracks ever.

The rest is....ok, but a little dull and weak sounding IMO. Though I still have a soft spot for Laughing Gas as I'm positive it is the first goatrance track I've ever heard. Somehow I remembered this and found out.

But most of that album is no match for later tracks like Rotorblade and Conga Fury.