Bad quality of sound

Hello,

I have a home studio with a computer, a few synths, a mixer, etc... When I play my tunes using Cubase and the MIDI interfaces, the sound is very good, but if I record the tune and mix it with musics from famous artists taken from audio CDs, their music has a good quality of sound and when arrives MY tune, the sound quality of not very good, it sounds like I recorded the using using a microphone, the sound lacks "power", it sounds weak. Do you know what is missing?

Thanks,

Hello,

I have a home studio with a computer, a few synths, a mixer, etc... When I play my tunes using Cubase and the MIDI interfaces, the sound is very good, but if I record the tune and mix it with musics from famous artists taken from audio CDs, their music has a good quality of sound and when arrives MY tune, the sound quality of not very good, it sounds like I recorded the using using a microphone, the sound lacks "power", it sounds weak. Do you know what is missing?

Thanks,

Try to read some mixing tutorials and lot about compressors.. Search on isratrance, theres a lot of Mother of all.. topics..

This will also help you understand things abit: http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

Theres alot involved in making audio sound good, too much stuff to talk about generally really, but as veracohr says - the more you do it the better you will get - as for things on CDs - an audio engineer has increased the sound quality by mastering - something that your own music does not have unless you find ways of doing it yourself.

all the synths and mixers or any outboard or soft gear wont be enough without proper monitoring, dont know whats ur case but anyway , even a good mix will sound weaker compared to commercial cds as said cause of the mastering-volume..

also what bit depth and sample rate u using?. try always mix and render in 32 bit floating. also the quality of the analog-digital converters is very important factor. as they say your sound is as good as the weaker link of ur signal chain.

;) hope that helps