Since progressive is YOUR thing (Nemo)

Lu Bu

At first seconds impressions were that its a bad ticon clone.. Than kick dropped in nicely.. That fighting talk isn't appropriate.. Lead is too simple.. It could be a lot better track if u worked on it a bit more, adjust a bass and do more work on the lead..

Overall its awesome track since u don't do that kind of music and u don't like it but I recommend u don't do more of this if u don't like it cause thats not the point of music.. U gotta love what u do, that should be top priority, above any producing skills u have, everything else will follow up naturally.. Do music that u like and enjoy!

BTW did u check out cool video in the off topic?

At first seconds impressions were that its a bad ticon clone.. Than kick dropped in nicely.. That fighting talk isn't appropriate.. Lead is too simple.. It could be a lot better track if u worked on it a bit more, adjust a bass and do more work on the lead..

Overall its awesome track since u don't do that kind of music and u don't like it but I recommend u don't do more of this if u don't like it cause thats not the point of music.. U gotta love what u do, that should be top priority, above any producing skills u have, everything else will follow up naturally.. Do music that u like and enjoy!

BTW did u check out cool video in the off topic?

hi brother.. i agree 100% about the sample..

i have a space tribe like habit of using samples.. also i worked on those elements and i added more.

no lie that only took me 30 mins or so. ill add an updated version with no sample.. the fixes and the new melodies.

thanks for your kind words and i cant find the video?

i have a space tribe like habit of using samples.. also i worked on those elements and i added more.

no lie that only took me 30 mins or so. ill add an updated version with no sample.. the fixes and the new melodies.

http://boomp3.com/m/9b77d10ae73f

added the fixes and 2 more mins

OK track is better now with new improvements but u should trow out that lead with four notes and that other with two witch follows it if u don't know how to work on it or just change the sound.. Overall. track now has nothing to do with progressive, u made it psy now.. Anyways, I suggest u work more with the leads u have near the end of the song cause they are better and that first lead cant go on and on through the whole song, its making whole track monotone.. Again try to use other sample, add some variations ofsequence here and there, and don't use it all the time.. But its really big improvement since last time.. Actually I liked some parts near the end, keep working on it..

And yeah, video is in your topic u seem to forgot.. Here it is

My 2 cents:

Make it more a story and less a few sequences stuck together. Give it some flow. Refine your instruments.

It's already got some cool parts but it can be much better !

thanks.. when i learn to have more patience in life it will show with the tracks.

when i get better at realizing i have nothing to prove in life.. the instruments will become more refined.

thanks for your words and i agree.

Hey Lu Bu,

I like what you have going here. I think this has the potential to sound big. I agree with mars on creating more of a story as this will add to the depth of your track. Good work, man :)

OMG without sounding lame.. ITS AN HONOR to have you reply to my music thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your tracks are always on my ipod.. so thanks symphoid. thanks for your music and the flyers you made me. i can make flyers now too, just not as good as you. so you motviated me creatively bigtime.. thanks again. heres a new update!!!

http://boomp3.com/m/244f67c1a76e

OMG without sounding lame.. ITS AN HONOR to have you reply to my music thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your tracks are always on my ipod.. so thanks symphoid. thanks for your music and the flyers you made me. i can make flyers now too, just not as good as you. so you motviated me creatively bigtime.. thanks again. heres a new update!!!

http://boomp3.com/m/244f67c1a76e

better update.. sample gone. fixed volume levels..

i wish i knew someone in the states that was nice with melodies.. cuz i got ideas and FX.. just dont have the melodies..

http://boomp3.com/m/c7f86ad191d7

Bass is going too long in a start solo.. And that melody with ugly synth is still there.. Throw it out or change the sound.. Sample is gone and its lot better, like I said.. That second part is good but its going on too long, cut it and do break and then change mood in track or u can introduce some pads and make first big break.. But that first cheap synth lead which is going on through whole track must be edited, changed with something else or completely dropped out.. Its making noize on my system.. Eq could help but I recommend changing the sound.. Try to add more space into track.. Use reverbs, delays.. Move one sound from the centre position and so on..

Melodies.. Learn some music theory, learn one scale (for instance phrygian) and then improvise.. U can even get some tutor program if u wanna do it easier way.. U will get some simple lines in a minute, just listen carefully which notes fit with others..

Also u could add some sub bass..