Mindsphere - Inner Cyclone

Jon Cocco

Hi friends ,

I m surprised we still talking about inner cyclone album it s good for that tracks ;)

I know the mastering and my sound enginering on tracks are not well on 2006..

Ohh i have the orginal works of the tracks but they are not FL formats i have never use that program because i dont know to use it :)

I m happy because i read all the good vibes about my tracks on several forums.

Maybe In future i plan to release it again with a good mastering ;) i think it will be great for all ...

I wish best for all of us ..

Keep the Goa trance spirit in your mind..

Ali

Now I'm totally confused. If you have the original tracks and can release a version of Inner Cyclone with better sound quality that would be awesome. I'm not the only one who would be very psyched and I'm sure I'm also not the only one who would happily pay to have that on CD.

But if you don't want to for whatever reason that's totally fine too. I just hope you continue to produce music because you're very, very talented.

Positive vibes to you from the USA! B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I know the mastering and my sound enginering on tracks are not well on 2006..

Ohh i have the orginal works of the tracks but they are not FL formats i have never use that program because i dont know to use it :)

I can't believe what I'm reading there from you, Ali! Filipe told me at that time that you used FL studio, that the tracks are unretrievable because you lost the old projects, and that we were forced to deal with them. Did he invent all of this story? And now you are saying that you still had the projects tracks? Why did you not send them to us at that time? You knew that we had big sounds problems and that Bobby/Aerosis had the worse difficulties to do a mastering with them. And we were working to release your album on cd with bad sound quality!!!

Even if that's past, I'm waiting for an explanation there, because I'm shocked by what I discovered! Send me a PM or a mail, bro. ;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ok, guys, after a talk with Ali, we concluded that this misunderstanding comes from bad internal communication/interpretation between Ali and the metapsychic team last year.

So let's think positively: we didn't release such sound quality on cd, and the original files exist now. Proper "mastering" is now possible. What do you think about it? Maybe we can bring a new life to this album in a near future... :)

Ok, guys, after a talk with Ali, we concluded that this misunderstanding comes from bad internal communication/interpretation between Ali and the metapsychic team last year.

So let's think positively: we didn't release such sound quality on cd, and the original files exist now. Proper "mastering" is now possible. What do you think about it? Maybe we can bring a new life to this album in a near future... :)

Well, good news indeed, if you need any help, always glad to do so as the album is really good musicalwise :)

Please make it no mastering except level normalising between tracks.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Thanks to everyone for showing interest and support for this case. :)

In our discussion, Mindsphere gave me already his agreement if/when I decide to remaster and re-release his album.

Nothing has been decided yet, since I just made this unexpected discovery about the original files today! I have of course to talk with my ex-partner and friend Octodur about those issues, since we were both working on this project with Metapsychic Rec. But honestly, there are good chances for 2009 to repair the sound mistake and to offer to this album his true value.

@Anoebis: Joske, thank you for proposing me your help, that counts a lot for me. :) Be sure I'll ask you and Fabien for it, because Suntrip is for me the most friendly and professional goa-trance label. With 4 years of experience and 10 excellent cds (11 in a few days), with giving a new impulse to the goa music and to new labels, I can't find better support for this initiative. :)

@Ga2pir: About mastering, this time, no mistake: I will ask to a real professional engineer to accomplish this work and I'm thinking to one person: Tim Schuldt. So hopefully that should avoid the polemics about the mastering.

I'm sure that most people will say that "Inner Cyclone" is old now and they heard the album a dozen of times. But I have maybe a solution that will satisfy everyone: a double album, with the "Inner cyclone" mastered and the new/second album of Mindsphere. :)

But I will stop talking, because it's too early for now and I'm sure that you prefer to see actions and not words. Let's be patient and everything will come at the right time.

Good to have an explanation. I'm sorry because I've bashed Aerosis before in other threads, thinking he was responsible for the poor sound quality.

Yes, that whole part really made me think over just how I should think through my involvement in these things... I took some flak for just for being asked to help a friend and a movement I believe in. :rolleyes:

There were also a few assholes out there who were sure they could do better, and then when I gave them a sample of the original wavs to try it out they finally understood. Also if you are so sure you are the best masterer in the world where were you when metapsychic was looking for people to master Ali's work?? Again, all this was way back in 2006.

But...

Its exciting now to hear if we can try this again :)

Ali if you indeed have your original files and can sort them out, your production and synthesis is top notch and if you give it to a good masterer your album is one of the top goa albums out there for sure :) We love your music.

There were also a few assholes out there who were sure they could do better, and then when I gave them a sample of the original wavs to try it out they finally understood.

yeah where buddy? i flamed the living daylights out of you and i never saw anything though i repeatedly asked for it (not from you bobby) (i also remember you told me there where only mp3s to master, at which point i said no actually - what about this then??), what we did get was one original track who sounded way better. i've again offered to help this time, but again they've got other plans. so really, if you guys feel like paying 500 euros while it is not needed, be my guest.

A magical unicorn pony made of candy. :wub:

i had two of those today, ghaha! :P though the advertised "magicalness" was hugely overrated!

I'm sure that most people will say that "Inner Cyclone" is old now and they heard the album a dozen of times. But I have maybe a solution that will satisfy everyone: a double album, with the "Inner cyclone" mastered and the new/second album of Mindsphere. :)

That would be insane awesome!

With that said, I really like this album, it's chaotic, has eastern influences and great melodies. Not a single bad track here.

My only complaint is that he chose Operation Side, instead of the fantastic track "Perception", that was on V/A Human Hyperactivation. (I wrote instead, because they both sound VERY similar.)

Favourites 2, 3(!), 4, 6(!!)

But I will stop talking, because it's too early for now and I'm sure that you prefer to see actions and not words. Let's be patient and everything will come at the right time.

That sounds great. :posford:

There were also a few assholes out there who were sure they could do better, and then when I gave them a sample of the original wavs to try it out they finally understood. Also if you are so sure you are the best masterer in the world where were you when metapsychic was looking for people to master Ali's work?? Again, all this was way back in 2006.

Well, you could have just defended yourself and said "this didn't happen at mastering stage".

Also, I don't believe that I should have to master the art of mastering before I can complain about (what I believed to be) extremely bad mastering. How about music critics? They're all immoral just because they can't play the guitar or write a song?

I've never said I could master records at all. I can hear when something is brickwalled out of this world, though.

No need to get choleric and make yourself look dumb over something that's been sorted out already.

No point now arguing and/or debating or clashing opinions over what happened relative to the mastering. We're all good people here who mean well. Sure, the Goa music creativity on this thing is up there that if someone could master this album to satisfy the majority here *cough* Suntrip, *cough* the album would probably be bought AND brought to another level entirely. The sheer creativity and style overall that is the result of Inner Cyclone makes it one of the best Goa albums I have ever listened to.

I'm sure that most people will say that "Inner Cyclone" is old now and they heard the album a dozen of times. But I have maybe a solution that will satisfy everyone: a double album, with the "Inner cyclone" mastered and the new/second album of Mindsphere.

I like that idea very much.

+1

:)

• 3 months later...

Very nice album! Reminds me of Dimension 5, but unique in its own way.

Too bad the sound quality could be better.

edit: Fantastic! If this was released in the late part of the 90s everyone would have considered it a *CLASSIC MASTERPIECE* now. ;)

No mastering is better then bad mastering :) as proved with the track "Inner Cyclone" wich i have unmastered, just do a A/B test and listen to the mastered version and the original one, and you will come to the same conclusion. Thats something anyone who knows anything about mastering should do: to listen to a track before and after any possible alteration/destruction of a track.

To me it sounds like aerosis just put Izotope Ozone or any other mastering plug with a limiter, and just put on a factory preset.

There is nothing in the sound that shows that it has been improved in any way.

Lets imagine a scenario where we can choose from three options:

1-Mastering by a professional.

2-Mastering by a Non-Professional.

3-No Mastering.

Wich would you choose?

I mean to really master tracks is no easy task, and not something you learn by watching some youtube videos or reading some tutorials on isratrance forum. Its something that takes years of experience. So i dont even know how people can claim they have "mastered" some tracks when in reality they have no clue about what it is they are doing. Thats what i liked with the goa trance compilations/albums in the 90´s that with the better releases, they always payed professional mastering studios with people that usually work with regular commercial music, for example Destination Goa 8: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Destination.../release/123586 wich was mastered at Polar Studios here in Sweden, wich was the recording studio of ABBA.

People that have only mixed/mastered some fruity loops trance tracks at home in their bed room IS NOT and will NEVER BE considered mastering.

Funny thing is how aerosis is in a agressive defense mode everytime this is discussed, IMO you deserve the critic because no one forced you to master these tracks. If you where the so called "professional mastering dude" you seem to think you are, you could have said no to master these tracks in the first place if you found them to be to badly mixed.

Anyways huge effort by Mindsphere to be able to make tunes like these in such a limited program as Propellerheads Reason.

It would be really nice to hear what he could do with some better tools, for example the original studio setup of Dimension 5 ;-)

Flame ON :drama:

edit: Fantastic! If this was released in the late part of the 90s everyone would have considered it a *CLASSIC MASTERPIECE* now. ;)

Most probably. I've listened to it a billion times now and it just won't get old.

I can't believe this was released for free.

• 10 months later...

wow, the re-mastering posts sound very good, and date back to 2008? any progress report?

anyway, To Infinity is one of the perfect tracks i've listened through my life, gives one the feeling of Warp jumps, very very very cosmic goa :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sarcasm? :blink:

no the truth,

indeed it's very good album and i would give it personally a A+, if it wasn't the mastering (so it's A-)

• 10 months later...

Ahh, To Infinity. Starts off with screaming starstuff like synths, some tiny details floating around. Acid dribbles and sweeping winds ensue. Bombastic bassline and oriental melodies add insane amounts of strength. Then the progressive warp-speed floating begins for the preparation for the climax "This is an intergalactic emergency" that utterly twists the common laws of reality and bends you to its ultimate power. I'm so happy artists manage to make these kind of tracks. The ones that just engulf you no matter h-what.

Really awesome stuff. I just recently discovered this masterpiece and I am still in awe, despite the rather bad sound quality. Give me this one together with the second album and it's a clear day f****** one.

We can only hope!