02. Krill.Minima - Nautica

03. Krill.Minima - Octopus And Sextant

04. Krill.Minima - The Escargots Dream

05. Krill.Minima - Princess Of The Undersea Gardens

06. Krill.Minima - Kalmar

07. Krill.Minima - The Sea Horse And The Soft Coral

08. Krill.Minima - Surface From Groundless Oceans

Release Notes:

Native State proudly presents 'Nautica' the first CD release of well known German recording artist Martin Juhls, aka krill.minima. Already known from his numerous releases on Native State, Aleph Zero, and Thinner, he has also received considerable international acclaim under his Marsen Jules alias. His first CD release is an ambient journey of deep aquatic worlds and otherworldly atmospheres underscored by a sophisticated minimalist approach to beat production

and sound design which will appeal to fans of Brian Eno, Basic Channel, and the Native State take on digital downtempo music. Krill.Minima is the exotic ambient project of Martin Juhls from Dortmund, Germany. Besides his housy click dub moniker "Falter" and his orchestral inspired "Marsen Jules" tracks his project krill.Minima is about the idea of mixing warmth, emotion and pop-appeal with exotic and experimental sounds, modern sound hack, clicking rhythms and ambient constructions. Even if his music sounds personal and fresh his influences reach far back to the sound-imaginations and concepts of timeless composers like Brian Eno, Erik Satie, Steve Reich, Stockhausen, Piere Henry and modern sound innovators like Sonic Youth, Autechre, Aphex Twin, Alva Noto and Rhythm&Sound. "Everything I hear is available material" is a quote by Music-Concrete creator Piere Henry which is very close to Martins procedure of making his ambient music. Most of his rhythm sounds are based on ordinary and non ordinary noises which he recorded in his living room.Even if this sounds like an experimental way of making music martin has a quite different approach of creating his atmospheric tracks. "Mostly when I start producing a new track or

project I have a clear soundpicture, emotion and atmosphere in mind which I want to make hearable. Then I start collecting the sounds, chords and fragements which I think could work to create a comparable acoustic surrounding."

I think this album was kinda boring, I like his earlier works under Marsen.Juhls But this one just isn't..I dunno. Haven't really listened to it many time but my first impressions are not that good. Still it's a decent ambient album ofc.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this album was kinda boring, I like his earlier works under Marsen.Juhls But this one just isn't..I dunno. Haven't really listened to it many time but my first impressions are not that good. Still it's a decent ambient album ofc.

you might wanna reconsider your opinion .. this album just grows and grows.. its like poetry without words : an underwater dreamworld :)

you might wanna reconsider your opinion .. this album just grows and grows.. its like poetry without words : an underwater dreamworld :)

I'll take a rein check on that, gonna dive deep down and see what lies beneath the surface

I've really liked it so far! & yes it grows & grows!

True, it's a grower. The weird thing is he has already released (recently too) a free album with identical feeling in Thinner and this is, to put it bluntly, more of the same. Still, it's very high quality ambient dub.

True, it's a grower. The weird thing is he has already released (recently too) a free album with identical feeling in Thinner and this is, to put it bluntly, more of the same. Still, it's very high quality ambient dub.

Wow, thanks! Haven't checked Thinner for a few months... they redesigned their page :) Nice. Dloading...

I listen to this album late at night before i sleep (on headphones), and it soothes me soooo...!

Really smooth ambient and a lot of unique sounds!

Good job...

p.s. Thanks for the Thinner link! I'll check it out!

:)