How broad is you music taste in Psy?

Ormion

Well after some years in this forum I can finally say it.

I have the broadest taste in Psy than any other member, including DP.

And you know what? I'm happy about it! :)

I can listen and enjoy to: Goa, Freestyle, Full On, Dark, Progressive, Ambient, Suomi, Aussie, morning, spooky, sad, happy, serious, cheesy, mind expanding, mind destroying, powerful, soft, shamanic, technologic, weird, weirder, anything and everything!!!

The only stuff I don't like that much are: Minimalism (in dance psy), house influenced stuff, clubby mainstream tracks (all kind of styles) and too much dub in Ambient. That's all!

Give me: Astral Projection, Koxbox, Hallucinogen, MFG, Infected Mushroom, Shakta, The Muses Rapt, Salakavala, Texas Faggott, Eraser vs Yojalka, S-Range, Vibrasphere, Shift, Khopat, Miraculix, Sattel Battle, Twisted System, Magus, Xenomorph, Cosmo, Psykovsky, Midi Miliz, The Nommos, Datakult, Aes Dana, Astralasia, Safi Connection, Scozbor, Squaremeat, Vishnudata, Dark Elf, XV Kilist, Toi Doi, Bluetech, Taj Mahal, Phobium! You name it, I like it! :posford:

What about you?

i enjoy all types of trance also.

pretty much as long as it isn't too minimal, there are tracks from all types that are good.

even minimal stuff can be ok for just hanging out. i really wouldn't know how else to put it other than how you already did:

The only stuff I don't like that much are: Minimalism (in dance psy), house influenced stuff, clubby mainstream tracks (all kind of styles) and too much dub in Ambient.

OK, i guess i would say there are very few cyber/progressive tracks, like the happy hardcore whatever NRG crap that you would get a at rave for 16 yr olds, but i don't think that stuff even counts.

seems like every party lately has had some type of odd themed genre and i haven't been disappointed by any of them.

i enjoy all types of trance also.

pretty much as long as it isn't too minimal, there are tracks from all types that are good.

even minimal stuff can be ok for just hanging out. i really wouldn't know how else to put it other than how you already did:

OK, i guess i would say there are very few cyber/progressive tracks, like the happy hardcore whatever NRG crap that you would get a at rave for 16 yr olds, but i don't think that stuff even counts.

seems like every party lately has had some type of odd themed genre and i haven't been disappointed by any of them.

Then welcome to the forum! We need guys like you :)

I can listen and enjoy to: Goa, Freestyle, Full On, Dark, Progressive, Ambient, Suomi, Aussie, morning, spooky, sad, happy, serious, cheesy, mind expanding, mind destroying, powerful, soft, shamanic, technologic, weird, weirder, anything and everything!!!

The only stuff I don't like that much are: Minimalism (in dance psy), house influenced stuff, clubby mainstream tracks (all kind of styles) and too much dub in Ambient. That's all!

Give me: Astral Projection, Koxbox, Hallucinogen, MFG, Infected Mushroom, Shakta, The Muses Rapt, Salakavala, Texas Faggott, Eraser vs Yojalka, S-Range, Vibrasphere, Shift, Khopat, Miraculix, Sattel Battle, Twisted System, Magus, Xenomorph, Cosmo, Psykovsky, Midi Miliz, The Nommos, Datakult, Aes Dana, Astralasia, Safi Connection, Scozbor, Squaremeat, Vishnudata, Dark Elf, XV Kilist, Toi Doi, Bluetech, Taj Mahal, Phobium! You name it, I like it! :posford:

What about you?

oldschool goa.. thats it

I could listen to almost everything psy. Oldschool, Full On, Dark, Progressive, Chill, Ambient. My CD & vinyl collection contains titles from Hallucinogen's Lone Deranger over Quantum State's Subatomic Travellers across Mutant Star's Demimonde via Shiva Chandra's Auricular over S-Range's Space up to Massimo Santucci's Al Dente or Peter Gun's Firendly Fire even across Fluke's Risotto and further up to Carbon Based Lifeform's World Of Sleepers and Bluetech's double album and Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene, just to pick some representative titles for the styles I like. My taste is quite broad (I'd say) and I can enjoy almost everything that is psychedelic in some way ... or even beyond that. Recently I got Paul Van Dyk's Seven Ways and I like it as well. Or Enigma ... I enjoy that as well.

Besides psy I also like Industrial, Dark Ambient and Viking Metal as well as some undefinable stuff (Attwenger :D )...

There's music I love in most genres, and in all sub genres in psy, minimal too.

psy/space rock, ambient of all sorts, goa, minimal psy, progressive, full on, soumi, dark-psy and so on.

I'd rather say I really love music above everything else, anything from minimalistic ambient to fast dark-psy, as long as it's good music genre doesn't really matter.

I'm still very picky when it comes to what I like, it's not like I can listen to anything, far from it. Actually in many styles, take full on or progressive for example I can't enjoy most of the stuff that is being put out there nowdays, but still there are artists and tracks that's just unbelivable good

Stuff I enjoy: Old-school Goa (My fav), new-school goa, progressive, dark (took me really long to understand this), suomi, psybient...

minimal is ok too, full-on is not too bad, but gets boring after awhile

recently I gained an acquired taste for all the wierd suomi stuff - Salakavala, Luomohappo, Puoskari, Igor Swamp and the other releases by Antiscarp are really great!

havent heard much nizhonot and psybreaks yet though

Psy-influenced music aside, I enjoy: orchestral, baroque, classical, folk, tribal, acid jazz, trance, tech house, ambient, trip hop, and some Drum & Bass and post rock sparingly

My taste is not defined by styles, it's defined by good music.

I like something from nearly every genre out there (except dark....there may be some good tracks, but i haven't heard a single dark set which i really liked)

give me:

Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Loopus, Bigwigs, Solar Fields, Texas Fagott, Vishnudata, Sub6, Ticon, Asura, Protoculture, Kiwa, Bufo, Frogacult, Brisker & Magitman, Sensient, Misted Muppet, Ott, Shpongle, Prometheus etc.

Mine is very not broad. I used to love Goa very much but today it can be very hard to listen to the old stuff anymore. Except the odd Pleiadians or Hallucinogen tune here and there. The new Goa wave doesn't talk to me at all, only if it's heavily influence by it but takes it forward. Stuff like what my good friend Mike A does nowadays. The only current Psy i listen to is very little Psy Prog, mostly from Iboga or Flow records. Some Aussie/NZ stuff like what Zenon and Cosmic Conspiracy have been putting out recently and of corpse Twisted records material and Boshke/Horns and Hoofs always have surprises in their sleeve for me.

Dark Psy, Full On and basically everything with very little melody or too much keychanges will certainly make me nauseous. Finnish/Forest music just doesn't strike me as a logical one and therefore I cannot enjoy it. There's enough chaos in my life, I need something well structured to classify it as Trance.

What is "Suomi" exactly?

Other than that, I don't really attach labels for the genres so much. I don't care much for the "random weird noises plastered over a too monotonous beat" that I think this DarkPsy label covers... Everything else pushes my buttons, if it is well done and original.

-A

If we're talking about homelistening my taste in psy (and also in music in general) is very broad. I like stuff from D-Nox & Beckers to Tribal Vision proggy to clubby psy to different kinds of full-on (suomi to very cheesy full-on) regular psy prog like Reefer Decree to old- and new-school goa. Most stuff that is too minimal bores me and I also haven't heard too much dark that really got me.

If we're talking about partying and dancing I have to say my taste gets more narrow the older I get. My favourite party music is for sure full-on (the cheesier the better :P) or goa. Or regular trance but that's not psy so... I can enjoy some progressiv stuff later in the day but in the end, give me full-on at a party and I'm happy.

Well I like all that

and that!

So I guess I have broader taste than you :P

I like every musical genre. There is always good music that I enjoy in every genre. For a while I thought I didn't like country but I heard some that I like eventually. Can't remember the name though. Psy, like every other genre, has many sub genres all that can produce good music that I will like. Some I think produce music I like more regularly than others but that means my artist taste is not so broad. My genre taste is as broad as possible as it encompasses everything.

I could say my taste is broad, but it is also very narrow. I listen to a lot of genres, but only selected artists from these genres, for example I dislike most commercial music :P

Psy I listen to: psytech, minimal, prog, new and oldschool goa, some(mostly morning) full on, some darkpsy and from the non psy genres: techno(industrial and minimal mostly), ambient(especially beatless and/or dark or ritualistic or martial, I don't like breakbeats in ambient) a lot of types of industrial from very technoish rythmic noise to martial industrial, some IDM(but I prefer my music less random :rolleyes: ), some d'n'b, doom metal, experimental metal and post sludge metal.

I generally dislike all things on mtv and I just can't seem to get into rock(except some post rock)and house :P . I also can't stand verse-chorus-verse

Examples: http://www.last.fm/user/d123km4_157312/

What about you?

Ahhh, another "My dick is bigger than yours" thread :lol: Well, to not look like I want to compete, I am not going to reply with how many styles, sub-styles and whatever else I listen to.

Oh, I love Minimal stuff, love love love!

• Like 1

It depends of my mood and lately is not psy at all. Use to go to lots of parties for many years and i ve listen to many genres and artists. Now, psytrance have max 10% on my weekly playlists and its styles like old school, suomi or dark hypnotic forest style. Not possible to listen psy cause it doesnt help me to stay concentrate. Styles like ambient, new jazz, idm are more welcome.

So my music taste in psy in not really broad and this has to do mostly with my life style.

Ahhh, another "My dick is bigger than yours" thread :lol: Well, to not look like I want to compete, I am not going to reply with how many styles, sub-styles and whatever else I listen to.

Hey! I didn't make this topic for competition! I'm just happy that I can enjoy any kind of Psy. :)

After all Abasio beats me! :D

About minimal...

Well minimal for me is synonyme to relaxing. That's why I love so much minimal ambient. When it comes in dance music I want something energetic.

Except some minimal dance tracks that have a melancholic feeling. These I like!

Now you know you are not alone, after all this answer :), and for me too, it's the same, i just prefer music not too industrial and minimal, or ... very dark.

Depend of the mood of the mind.

Ahhh, another "My dick is bigger than yours" thread :lol:

:lol:

Anyways, i can enjoy any sub-genre as long as it is good :) The only style that i need to look deep to find something i like, is goa/oldschool... I dislike the cheesy end of fullon (hypersonic, alien project ect) but there is alot of other full on i really love!

PS: Minimal psy is nice :)

cheap hardtrance melodies, or no psychedelia.

this does not leave me with a lot of music to enjoy :(

ehh, some of the cheap melodies i cna take, but i hear you on the lack of psychedelia- straight BUMP BUMP BUMP stuff bugs me, doesn't give you enough to move to.

otherwise

My taste is not defined by styles, it's defined by good music.

very well put, i can usually find at least a few tracks from any genre that are really good (to me)

it appears as tho you guys are good at becoming JACKS of all, but not MASTERING one.

i choose master of one, instead of jack of all..