Psynews's "BEST OF 2007"!

moni

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might offer to tally the votes next year - my PhD finishes at the end of this year, and I am intending on spending a few months taking it easy, so I should have plenty of time. I don't have a spreadsheet though, but I think my housemate does.

I have the programs but not the ability to actually do it.

Also all my office programs are in Japanese so it takes twice as long to work everything out :ph34r:

twice as long... :blink: do u actually read Japanese? Why don't u dl an english version?

twice as long... :blink: do u actually read Japanese? Why don't u dl an english version?

I can read Japanese but it takes much longer than reading English. To much of this nasty shit --->>> 除世普真義留

I can read Japanese but it takes much longer than reading English. To much of this nasty shit --->>> 除世普真義留

Man... that's like magic :rolleyes: I wish I could do some of that... well maybe in my next life!

But seriously though get an english version :P at least the open office one! its free so no excuses!

That's actually my name :rolleyes:

I knew there was a conspiracy behind the google translator! :D

Btw how hard is it to write those letters? I mean they aren't really letters, are they? Each one can mean a word right? My mother visited Japan and alot of asian countries almost 2 decades ago, she found the people and technology there fascinating. I gotta visit that place one day! :)

I knew there was a conspiracy behind the google translator! :D

Btw how hard is it to write those letters? I mean they aren't really letters, are they? Each one can mean a word right? My mother visited Japan and alot of asian countries almost 2 decades ago, she found the people and technology there fascinating. I gotta visit that place one day! :)

You should definitely come! It's worth a visit for sure. The kanji characters are hard to write but with a computer you just write in the hiragana ひらがな which are letters & the computer (or cell phone) will convert them. Most people now can read them but not write so many :ph34r:

Can all "best of" the year threads go in this "important topic" forum section? It would be cool to organize them here, from newest to older.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't mind tallying up the votes again for 2008, at least for the album/artist stuff. I'm not sure I can wrap my brain around more factors than that, like the labels, countries, etc...That takes a lot of extra work figuring out that kind of stuff. I can start a new thread in a couple weeks once the year is up, if no one else was hoping to do it (if someone else wants to by all means go ahead)

As I just mentioned in another thread, we should at least wait till the year is over though. This is a busy time of year and some of us are still catching up on all the releases from 2008. I think a similar deadline to last time would be good (March or April)

I don't mind tallying up the votes again for 2008, at least for the album/artist stuff. I'm not sure I can wrap my brain around more factors than that, like the labels, countries, etc...That takes a lot of extra work figuring out that kind of stuff. I can start a new thread in a couple weeks once the year is up, if no one else was hoping to do it (if someone else wants to by all means go ahead)

As I just mentioned in another thread, we should at least wait till the year is over though. This is a busy time of year and some of us are still catching up on all the releases from 2008. I think a similar deadline to last time would be good (March or April)

I wouldn't be interested in any complex statistics ... sure it's cool, but just a toplist is enough. Like last year's results. That was a really cool move of you...

Of course we wait till the year's over, don't we? As far as I recall, Psynews tradition is to give the people 2 months time to catch up on releases. And at the end of Febuary the votes should be fix. That's how it was all the time. We shouldn't make it different now. For example some great stuff has been released only just last week (yeah, really, guess what it is :) ), let it take some time to get to the people...