Psynews's "BEST OF 2007"!

moni

It's difficult to split psytrance in just 2-3 subgenres. I agree with the downtempo/ambient part though.

For the next year, we will think of a separation between psytrance and ambient. Maybe also subgenres splitting.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to split psytrance in just 2-3 subgenres. I agree with the downtempo/ambient part though.

For the next year, we will think of a separation between psytrance and ambient. Maybe also subgenres splitting.

Why not do this this year? I guess people would be more than happy to update / edit their posts? :rolleyes:

This year I would be willing to do the splitting between psytrance and ambient only. More detailed splitting would require a preliminary discussion.

If it's allright with everybody, I will make the official announcement in a couple of minutes. I hope this won't create confusion among forum members. :unsure:

This year I would be willing to do the splitting between psytrance and ambient only. More detailed splitting would require a preliminary discussion.

If it's allright with everybody, I will make the official announcement in a couple of minutes. I hope this won't create confusion among forum members. :unsure:

Bah!

1. Furious - Uncanny Beats (Insomnia Records)

2. Ocelot - Psymatix (Dropout Productions)

3. Penta - Horn Please (AuraQuake Records)

4. Logic Bomb - Sonic Algebra (Solstice Music)

5. Xenomorph - Demagoguery Of The Obscurants (Gnostic Records)

We (mods and forum members) decided this year to split the votes and create 2 charts: one for psytrance, one for chill out / ambient.

The topic has been edited, and you can find all the info in my initial post, on the first page of this thread.

You can now post your 2 separate tops: your top 5 psytrance and your top 5 ambient. Please post both tops in 1 post, which you can freely edit afterwards.

All forum members that have posted their top 5 already, will be announced through PM about the change.

What if I don't change mine? Or others that don't change theirs? Will you listen thru to determine what is downbeat and what is not?

Edit: I read the red after my post.

I will have to trust people to be honest, and if not, I will have to trust the forum members to notify me when someone votes a release that doesn't meet the required conditions of this thread.

I will have to trust people to be honest, and if not, I will have to trust the forum members to notify me when someone votes a release that doesn't meet the required conditions of this thread.

Yes.

I've edited mine now. Hooray!

We (mods and forum members) decided this year to split the votes and create 2 charts: one for psytrance, one for chill out / ambient.

The topic has been edited, and you can find all the info in my initial post, on the first page of this thread.

You can now post your 2 separate tops: your top 5 psytrance and your top 5 ambient. Please post both tops in 1 post, which you can freely edit afterwards.

All forum members that have posted their top 5 already, will be announced through PM about the change.

Great :clapping:

Psytrance:

1: Eat Static: Declassified

2: Prometheus: Corridor of Mirrors

3: Perfect Stranger: Changed

4: Ace Ventura: Rebirth

5: Dimension 5- Transdimensional (this should technically be higher, but as its a re-release i´m putting it as number 5)

Downtempo:

1: Younger Brother- The Last Days of Gravity

2: Asura- Life2

Haven´t bought any other psy chill cds this year im afraid...

Please read:

I already edited my reply for both dance and ambient stuff. In my downtempo list I chose SynSUN-Unstoppable album. This is a double album, the first cd is dance and the second ambient. It counts, right?

Thanx moni for accept my, and many ppl request to split this competition in 2 charts

PSY-TRANCE

1) Eat Static – De-Classified (Solstice)

2) Logic Bomb - Sonic Algebra (Solstice)

3) Mr Peculiar - Infinite Evolution (Sonic Dragon)

4) Astroschnautzer - The Debut (Space Boogie)

5) Vishnudata - Dreamforce (Space Boogie)

----------------------------------------------------------

6) Furious - Uncanny Beats (Insomnia)

7) Prometheus - Corridor Of Mirrors (Twisted)

8) Evan Marc - Emotional Ecology (PsyBooty)

9) VA - Kaleidescopic Vision (Space Tribe)

10) Lemon Slide - True Nature (Freakdance)

DOWNTEMPO

1) Younger Brother - The Last Days Of Gravity (Twisted)

2) Shulman - Endless Rhythms Of The Beatless Heart (Aleph Zero)

3) Asura - Life2 (Ultimae)

4) Sync24 - Source (Ultimae)

5) Master Margherita - Mastura (Electrik Dream)

----------------------------------------------------------

6) Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker - Rewired (Liquid Sound Design)

7) Polyploid - Grow Your Own (Chill Tribe)

8) The Peaking Goddess Collective - Organika (Peak)

9) Sundial Aeon - Apotheosis (Flow Records)

10) VA - Oxycanta Winter Blooms (Ultimae)

11) VA - Cosmik Chill - Orange (Electrik Dream)

hard year :)

TRNC

1. SIENIS - FROM A NUTTER PERSPECTIVE

2. EAT STATIC - DE-CLASSIFIED

3. VIBRASPHERE - EXPLORING THE TRIBUTARIES

4. SOLAR FIELDS - EARTHSHINE

5. ANTIX - WANDERERS

CHILL

1. YOUNGER BROTHER - THE LAST DAYS OF GRAVITY

2. ASURA - LIFE²

3. SYNC24 - SOURCE

4. ZERO CULT - IKEBANA

5. V/A - WINTER BLOOMS

Wouldnt it make sense then to seperate Prog aswell? Psy, Prog, Amb?

Please dont stab be for saying. Im only voting Psy, not a Amb guy, dont get me wrong I love downbeat tracks to finish off psy albums but Ive yet to find any downbeat that I want to buy, doesnt seem to have the same touch.

Please read:

I already edited my reply for both dance and ambient stuff. In my downtempo list I chose SynSUN-Unstoppable album. This is a double album, the first cd is dance and the second ambient. It counts, right?

They are accepted, I will edit your post (the one with the tops) and add this information. It would be nice if people specify double CD cases.

Check your post and see the edit i did.

Wouldnt it make sense then to seperate Prog aswell? Psy, Prog, Amb?

Please dont stab be for saying. Im only voting Psy, not a Amb guy, dont get me wrong I love downbeat tracks to finish off psy albums but Ive yet to find any downbeat that I want to buy, doesnt seem to have the same touch.

We might separate them in the future. For this year I'd like to try just the psytrance/ambient splitting. It's already double work for me with this splitting, so for a more detailed splitting, we will require a more detailed organisation, maybe work dividing with other people... we'll see.

We might separate them in the future. For this year I'd like to try just the psytrance/ambient splitting. It's already double work for me with this splitting, so for a more detailed splitting, we will require a more detailed organisation, maybe work dividind with other people... we'll see.

I wouldnt blame you, it is alot of work but what you have done so far is much appericated ;)

Logic bomb-sonic algebra

Penta-Horn please

Perfect stranger-changed

Ace Ventura-rebirth

Bitmonx and fabio-plugged

And i know its kinda cheesy but i have to add

Freaked frequency-ff syndrome... It's the best cheese ever :D

And albums just after the above mentioned

Kindzadza

Ocelot

Scorb

Prometheus

Eat static

Concept

The last mentioned is not in my final "favorites list" because there is some tracks on the discs that i don't like... But all in all they are also very great!!

1. Dimension 5 - Transdimensional - Suntrip

2. VA - Twist Dreams - Suntrip

3. Goasia - From Other Spaces - Suntrip

4. VA - Pure Planet Vol 2 - Kagdila

5. Prahlad - Movement of Consciousness - Yellow Sunshine Explosion

I'm a Suntrip fan. :)