The Worst, most pitful excuses for albums 2007

abasio

Well the year is up! 2007 is now history. People are thinking about what were the best releases & I'm sure there will be an official best of 2007 thread & poll etc but what about the flip side. What were the most pathetic excuses of music you were unfortunate to hear from 2007? Which were the laziest, devoid of anything other than cut & paste whatever else was popular? In short what were the worst albums of 2007?

Note 1

This is not just pure negativity, don't come in here with your hippy bullshit about only focusing on the good aspects of everything & threads like this bringing the mood down. There are crap albums out there that people need to be made aware of. The biggest danger is when an artist that once was good has started releasing pure generic garbage. Just if you are saying something is bad at least try to say why you don't like it. Likewise if you disagree with someone who hates an album instead of having a go at them why don't you just explain why you like it.

Note 2

I know there was a similar thread around october last year but it was premature & had a poll with not enough choices in, including my choice.

So with that said here's mine

1200 Mic's - Magic Numbers

Here's my full review clicky

here's my summing up

Well, this whole album was just a cheap marketing ploy designed to ensnare weak minds like myself with their competition to solve their magic number puzzles & win an Ipod with the whole TIP back catalogue on it. I didn't play. I have an Ipod & I have the good TIP releases anyway. I just hope that whoever won the Ipod was able to delete this piece of shit album from it.

The opening track has potential that it never reaches, the next four tracks are god awful guitar & sample ridden nightmares, the sixth track is a pleasant enough bland fullon track with nice melodies but it's the last track that is the worst thing 1200 Mic's have ever done. Just adding 25 minute live mix is lazy & disrespectful to anyone stupid enough to buy this CD. I truly wish i hadn't spent my hard earned money on this. CDs are expensive in Japan & all I got was a short track, a bland track, 4 terrible tracks & a mix of music I already own.

Thanks for nothing 1200 Mic's I will never part with money on your lazy half baked crap ever again. Do us a favour & stop making this crap. If I hear this at a party you were not advertised as being at or it comes on the radio I will consider suing you for emotional distress. My advice to anyone who wants to buy this album is DON'T!!!!!! Don't even bother downloading. It's the worst album of the year by far. Worse even that Bamboo Forest's Revival album released in 2005. At least that was an album in a style someone might enjoy. This is just lazy shit that should never have been released. This is the lowest TIP have ever gone. I had hope after Raja Ram presents Evolution of Expanded Consciousness but this has made me lose all hope with the way TIP are going.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you're on a Magic Numbers frenzy :lol: .

EDIT: Not really bad/utter crap 2007 albums for me yet. But thing is I heard only like 6-7 albums from this year... :unsure:

Dude, you're on a Magic Numbers frenzy :lol: .

EDIT: Not really bad/utter crap 2007 albums for me yet. But thing is I heard only like 6-7 albums from this year... :unsure:

Well peruse this thread and get an idea what to steer clear of :)

Well peruse this thread and get an idea what to steer clear of :)

Seems I'm gonna listen to Magic Numbers before thinking of buying :lol: (but anyway, I heard Marijuana and didn't really like it - as you said, it might better work on parties).

Seems I'm gonna listen to Magic Numbers before thinking of buying :lol: (but anyway, I heard Marijuana and didn't really like it - as you said, it might better work on parties).

Marijuana is on there 1st album. The albums progressively get worse culminating in this awful piece of rectal sputum. What really pushes it as the worst though is the stupid mix track at the end which is a real waste of anyone's cash. I almost want to urge people to steal this & then delete it. So they can feel like they are screwing 1200 Mic's how they have screwed us with this album. Of course I wouldn't recommend actually listening to it.

"Rectal sputum"? Come on, Abasio, tell us how you really feel. :D

I thought the new Broken Toy was pretty rectal. Seems the further along they go, the worse they get. The Low Down Dirty Sounds of... seemed just like a bad Infected ripoff, but not of their early stuff - their later stuff. It's a ripoff of crap, which makes it doubly rectal. Early on, Broken Toy's sound was really cool, I thought.

I filtered out the crap it seems. I have no complaints for 2007

+1

In 2007 just like 2006 I bought only releases I already knew I will be interested. So I don't have any upper-crappy album to discuss. I can write about albums that dissapointed me (Hydraglyph, Trashlords), but they're definitely not horrible.

Same here. The albums from the artists I had high expectations for weren't bad so I can't complain. Sure lots of shit has been released but I didn't get disappointed with a special release. I have to agree that the 1200 Mics album is shit. Only downloaded it but didn't like it (and mind you, I love their old albums), still they weren't in the list of my major hopes so who cares. ;)

Yeah, same here. I was dissapointed couple of times, but I can't say any of those albums were shit. Just not as good as I expected them to be :)

I mean, in this day and age when you have 4 minute samples on saiko and you can freely download stuff from P2P, there's simply no way for me to spend money on shit CDs. I always know what I'm paying for.

Yeah, same here. I was dissapointed couple of times, but I can't say any of those albums were shit. Just not as good as I expected them to be :)

I mean, in this day and age when you have 4 minute samples on saiko and you can freely download stuff from P2P, there's simply no way for me to spend money on shit CDs. I always know what I'm paying for.

I never dowload or listen to samples, but I think it's easy to know which albums you're gonna like before you buy them.

I filtered too and I agree with Tatsu. I bought the same amount of cds as approximately every year. Some expected albums weren't as good as I thought, but there were also very good surprises. Younger Brother, Asura, Flooting Grooves, Trold, Arkanoydz, Logic Bomb, Cosmosis, Sync24, Pitch Hikers sounded all inventive and entertaining to me.

However, as every year, the amount of filtering rose. I've never filtered so much. Dark stuff couldn't be badder...you never know but then it would need another name like "Necro Trance" and not being related to psy anymore. Whatever, some like it, it's my tastes I'm dealing with.

My "worst psytrance of the year trophee" goes to the whole Dark movement.

My "worst psytrance of the year trophee" goes to the whole Dark movement.

Well, just because some random guy decided to release some shitty stuff under a name like The Devil Worshipper doens't mean that the whole Dark scene is pure shit IMO. I think that you just have to filter each subgenre individually.

I'm saying that because I believe that 2007 was a very good year for the Dark movement. This was happened because many artists that first entered the scene just to destroy some dancefloors, now they have master their skills and produce some mind stretching stuff.

KinDzaDza, Furious are perfect examples or Nabi releases.

Sure they are a bunch of artists releasing basically the same track under different names, but IMO this happens in every subgenre.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Honestly over 95% of things that were released..

art my ass

+1

Lots of great music outside the scene though. Luckily some of it is played on Psy Trance parties/Festivals which is great. Same crowd, better music :drama:

I can't complain, I practically can't afford to complain ... I don't have much money and thus every album purchase needs to be well thought through. I almost only buy stuff I'm really eager to own - and for me that's of course never any bad stuff. I can hardly ever bring myself to pick something random, I don't want to throw out money for nothing ... although when it happens and the piece is good, the joy is the double.

I actually can not really complain about any single psy album I own. Maybe one or two are not that good, but I don't own any bad ones, I simply can't afford that.

I own some crap metal music stuff. But I can afford it, those CDs never were above 5 Euros...

Honestly over 95% of things that were released..

art my ass

+1

Lots of great music outside the scene though. Luckily some of it is played on Psy Trance parties/Festivals which is great. Same crowd, better music :drama:

Normally I will discuss your opinion, but I already know that for both of you Psytrance means Simon Posford and nothing else. ;):P

I was very dissaointed with 2 or 3 albums which in my opinion were terrible shit.

1. haldolium - qnt (i couldnt believe my ears what i was hearing) -1/10

2. antix - wonderers (yea, i was giving a try few times to understand this album and trying to like it. it was all pointless. crap stays crap)

3. dnox and beckers - left behind (this shouldn't be reviewed in psytrance category. this shit belongs to house/electro scene)

I think thats it. Maybe there were few more reelases i disliked but cant remember'em right now.

3. dnox and beckers - left behind (this shouldn't be reviewed in psytrance category. this shit belongs to house/electro scene)

I wouldn't call it shit, but I would say that it is too repetitive for home listening. Cool sound, though, even though it's not really an album (albums have more variety). I'd enjoy it on the dancefloor. I'll keep it around for when I'm in the mood for that one very particular thing they do over and over, and then change music after the second or third track.

I wouldn't call it shit, but I would say that it is too repetitive for home listening. Cool sound, though, even though it's not really an album (albums have more variety). I'd enjoy it on the dancefloor. I'll keep it around for when I'm in the mood for that one very particular thing they do over and over, and then change music after the second or third track.

For me it's exactly vice versa. I think it's a nice album for homelistening but for the dancefloor it would be too "boring". Maybe one track in a cool electro set would rock but several tracks in a row would be too much for me.