Tracklist

1 The Magic Numbers Theme (4:07)

2 Numberstruck (6:07)

3 Let's Get This Party Started (6:32)

4 God Of Rock (6:40)

5 This Is A Joint (6:56)

6 Double Helix (6:19)

7 Numbers Are Alive (24:51)

Well, the master of cheese are back again. In my opinion their cheese started off really well with their drug themed album 1200 Micrograms but got progressively worse over their next to albums with their sound sounding lazier with more predictable sounds & the cheese got from fun to a little bit shit. In 2006 though they released a track called Dances Between Worlds on Raja Ram presents Evolution of Expanded Consciousness which made me think that these guys actually had some talent and were capable of making a good album again. So when this was released with only 7 tracks, my interest peaked. I thought there might be some lengthy intricate tracks. When I got the CD I found that the last track was a near 25 minute monster I really thought it might be great.

One. The Magic Numbers Theme

We start of with quite a funky beat & some cheesy sample about magic numbers. Following that sample are some twisted vocals saying Magic Numbers & then some guy just saying numbers. Not a bad track but it's boring, gets a little better towards the end with some nice melody & some flute but as it's so short it never develops into anything.

Two. NumberStruck

Starting off with guitar chords & sounds of a crowd is never the best start in my book. The beats are full throttle & the bassline extremely familiar. It moves a little bit but not in a particularly interesting direction. This is basically your typical thought free fullon that has plagued the scene for a few years. Trance by numbers. It has energy, may sound okay on the dancefloor but not for home listening. It would have been nice if they had kept with the beats they use on the breakdown instead of coming back in with the heavy beats & had not used the sample This is our tribe, our time is now, dropped the awful guitar cords & the crowd noises & the lalalala. Basically this would sound a whole lot better if it was 6 minutes of silence. Pure shite! This cheese could easily be in your 8 year old sisters pop collection in it's lack of anything interesting or innovative.

Three. Lets Get This Party Started

This actually starts with some pretty cool sounds. Slow flute & some nice dripping sounds. Then the beat kicks in & there are some fun sub beats but the bassline is another retrodden & dominating piece of crap. To be fair it's different from the awful NumberStruck with nice synth work & I'm sure this would sound pretty good live. The bassline manages to have a little bit of energy & the trance rolls probaly make crowds go wild. An OK fullon track ruined by more guitar cords & a cheesy cheesy sample repeating the track title. Drop those it would be OK but they are just too much for me to take. With 2 and a half minutes to got they introduce some kind of Hawaiian part melody that just takes the cheese to whole new levels. This one didn't start off to badly but it descends into god awful cheesy pop shite. It's horrible by the end.

Four. God Of Rock

I guessed by the track title that this would have guitars in it. I was not though expecting lyrics. The guitars amazingly don't appear in the first two minutes but that plus point is nowhere near making up for the terrible vocals. Usually when I hear female vocals, I don't like them but think the woman can sing. This one can't, well not very well. The slight mysticism that can be obtained is completely lost here. Around 2 minutes in the obvious guitars come in dragging this nightmare down a little further & then a comedy (stand up) sample including the laughter drags it passed rock bottom, through several layers of shit & into a realm of pure crap. Amazingly the God of Rock manages to drag this down even lower than I thought was humanly possible. I am at this point wanting to have my ears plugged up forever in case I ever accidentally have to listen to this again.

Five. This is a Joint

Points must go to this track for the worst track title of the year. This is a Joint. Well thanks for telling us. Well, track in itself starts of quite well with some alright acoustic guitar, flute that sounds mystically eastern & some pretty cool beats. When the fullon stuff kicks in it doesn't completely ruin it either. The foot is off the pedal a little & there are a lot more cool & interesting sounds used. The bassline moves in a fun way but the we don't need no control & This is a joint samples which are repeated are pretty shit. The sort of stuff that appeals to young teens just getting into Weed. These guys probably think, Awww awesome dude, they talk about drugs & taking drugs, they are so cool & rebellious. This stuff is awesome! They push the boat & sample stuff our parents would find offensive What you little kids don't understand is that your parents were probably into much more drug related music in their time. Ever heard Bob Dylan's lyrics? Now there is some drug references with music that is way more trippy than this could ever be. Just putting cheesy as drug shit in a track does not make it cool or anti establishment, it just makes it cheesy & shit.

Six. Double Helix

This track actually starts with nice melody & a really nice beat. The bassline kicking in doesn't ruin it & actually adds some decent energy. Nice enough synths drive it. Nothing special, nothing great or even good but after all that has preceded it, it's a joy to behold. There are no guitars, there are no terrible samples, there is just music. And nice bland uninspired music that wont be etched on my brain as the worst thing ever. Such a shame that this bland boring track is by far the best on the album.

Seven. Number Are Alive

Now this is the track that really really pissed me off. This is the track that proves that 1200 Mic's are lacking in ideas & just want to release an album & make some quick cash. The near 25 minute monster is nothing more than a mini mix of their older tracks played live. Incorporate some sounds of the crowd & you have the laziest damn piece of music to have been released in a long time. This is the reason I will never buy a 1200 Mic's album again. This is the eppitomy of pointless crap. If you don't have enough new material to release on an album then why the fuck did you bother releasing an album? Could you have waited until you had enough new material to fill a CD. Do people really want to hear the same track that appear on your previous albums mixed together with crowd noise? Well looking at TIP.World's website, yes they do. But I don't think much of these people's musical taste if they are blown away by this laziness. I would guess if they are not the teenagers I spoke about earlier then they are the 20 somethings that take too many e's wear short sleeve shirts 6 go to trendy club/pubs where they'll turn you away at the door for wearing Trainers. None of this is about the music. It's about a scene, about drugs, about money & shit but it's not about the music. If it was, then this megamix wouldn't be here. Obviously this music is not my cup of tea & people will tell me I'm bitter because I'm just not into it. But I know here that I am right. Releasing an album where almost half of it is just your old material show no respect for the fans. The music as it is there old stuff is actually not too bad but for fuck's sake I've already got it!!!!! The worst part, yes it gets fucking worse is that they actually at the end of this mix include NumberStruck! Yes track Two from this album. We just heard it you stupid mother fuckers! Did you think we had forgotten than cheesy ass bassline & horrible sample that makes me want to rip out my eyes & pour lemon juice into the wounds just to distract me from the pain of having to listen to it. To include it twice on the same album is pitiful. Pitiful!

Well, this whole album was just a cheap marketing ploy designed to ensnare weak minds like myself with their competition to solve their magic number puzzles & win an Ipod with the whole TIP back catalogue on it. I didn't play. I have an Ipod & I have the good TIP releases anyway. I just hope that whoever won the Ipod was able to delete this piece of shit album from it.

The opening track has potential that it never reaches, the next four tracks are god awful guitar & sample ridden nightmares, the sixth track is a pleasant enough bland fullon track with nice melodies but it's the last track that is the worst thing 1200 Mic's have ever done. Just adding 25 minute live mix is lazy & disrespectful to anyone stupid enough to buy this CD. I truly wish i hadn't spent my hard earned money on this. CDs are expensive in Japan & all I got was a short track, a bland track, 4 terrible tracks & a mix of music I already own.

Thanks for nothing 1200 Mic's I will never part with money on your lazy half baked crap ever again. Do us a favour & stop making this crap. If I hear this at a party you were not advertised as being at or it comes on the radio I will consider suing you for emotional distress. My advice to anyone who wants to buy this album is DON'T!!!!!! Don't even bother downloading. It's the worst album of the year by far. Worse even that Bamboo Forest's Revival album released in 2005. At least that was an album in a style someone might enjoy. This is just lazy shit that should never have been released. This is the lowest TIP have ever gone. I had hope after Raja Ram presents Evolution of Expanded Consciousness but this has made me lose all hope with the way TIP are going.

That's right, if you live in 1995

:lol:

and the Numberstruck track is da best ever heard

and... Abasio, could say that numbershock is the theme from ACDC - Thundershock, what an incomplete review :lol:

interwiev here

Giving the people what they want? The people really want to pay for a rehashed live mix of your previous tracks they already have?

Not about drugs? What is one of your track names? This is a Joint? What was your first album all about? Look at yourselves guys, you are obviously totally off your faces, not just on drugs but on your own egos. Do us all a favour & stop releasing your crap.

Giving the people what they want? The people really want to pay for a rehashed live mix of your previous tracks they already have?

Not about drugs? What is one of your track names? This is a Joint? What was your first album all about? Look at yourselves guys, you are obviously totally off your faces, not just on drugs but on your own egos. Do us all a favour & stop releasing your crap.

not about drugs AND bad behavoir

again your post lacks comprehension... although that interview is really dumb.

not about drugs AND bad behavoir

again your post lacks comprehension... although that interview is really dumb.

How can my post lack comprehension? It's a electronic message written by me. Surely I must lack comprehension :lol:

Anyway they say their music is not associated with drugs & bad behaviour but it is surely associated with drugs & the pain this album caused me is definitely bad behaviour as is the cheap marketing ploy of the puzzles to try & fool more people into buying this garbage.

So it seems you lack comprehension :ph34r:

Is it just me, or do i get the feeling that you don't like this release abasio? :D

This is pure ecstacy music... I mean, if you're on the dancefloor and just ate 10 pills, this could sound great! Otherwise i will join your oppinion about this... BAAAAAD

interwiev here

"With our music we want to express the hope of humanity, bla bla bla"

As far as I remember that was more or less exactly what Dali said in one of her interviews I found lately on youtube. Fits perfect imo. Senseless words and senseless music from both of them. I am thinking about the next big thing: 1200 Mics vs. Dali. Can`t wait until they'll find each other...

To be serious: Isn't it anyway all about attitude and ego meanwhile? Time for change...

I saw Raja Ram DJ set in portugal, it was crap, i like 1200 micrograms / heroes of imagination / the time machine ... but this magic number is not good to me, i loose it since the live in brazil release ... beurk ! i hate the cover, i hate the numberstruck track, ... the worst track this year, sorry :(

• 2 weeks later...

I can not believe this album is for real. Even less I can believe that they actually made a "Remix" of "Thunderstruck" by holy men AC/DC!!!! :angry:<_<:lol:

I like this version much better:

Id say this is the lamest psy release ever!!

Exactly what went wrong here? 1200 Mic's - The Time Machine was Full On too and it kicked ass. I see no point buying this album to write a full review on an album I may potentially hate. It's a waste of time and money. I have read enough disappointing things here. I want to congradulate abasio for writing a review that is almost funny at times, relative to how bad the album is, according to the reviewer. It seems that many listeners agree. Sometimes it feels good to express how you feel whether a product is wonderful or sucks massive c o c k tails. Speaking of which, I am going to open a thread right now in the..

Off Topic section titled:

"The most entertaining "worst product" reviews.

Take mine for example.

now posted

And I will include a review I wrote to something (so bad you must read read it).