Please GOD, dont let the new Astral album

Lu Bu

Ok..

open society i could stand

the prophecy was cool the first few times but then i was like oh no

now im listening to the mahadeva remix and its clearly time for worry.

DONT DO THIS TO US ASTRAL

Ok..

do what? behaving like kids? lubeyou, stop being a dick.

So the last Astral Projection albums weren't cheesy? :rolleyes:

amen was nice..

ten i dont even count because it was just a bunch of full on remixes

but amen was decent. had its moment of cheese, but things are not looking to good for this new one..

anyone got any news as far as releases BTW?

in case you havent checked on their myspace they have a bunch of SFX tracks from the rainbirds album, plus some nitzo tracks from comps and what not. gotta pay to DL, AS IT SHOULD BE :)

Hmm. We'll I don't expect anything revolutionary about the new album. It really is taking them time to make this new one, I'm sure it will be a good release, jus how good I dunno.. I'm giving it hope tho :)

Ed: Oh and, AP allways released their music for free in 128 kbit fyi. I remember mp3.com, if it wasn't for those mp3s I'd probably never hear about ap in the first place. At that time I was still a kid, I couldn't afford any music.

"Amen" was cheesy. "Another World" was cheesy. I do like a fair amount of cheese, but both albums were pretty bad. There, I said it. I have absolutely no expectations for the new album, so perhaps I could be pleasantly surprised.

Hmm. We'll I don't expect anything revolutionary about the new album. It really is taking them time to make this new one, I'm sure it will be a good release, jus how good I dunno.. I'm giving it hope tho :)

Ed: Oh and, AP allways released their music for free in 128 kbit fyi. I remember mp3.com, if it wasn't for those mp3s I'd probably never hear about ap in the first place. At that time I was still a kid, I couldn't afford any music.

yeah i remember the mp3.com days.

that was wild then, but they have daughters now. they are getting older.. tastes change.. money is needed. plus when you have a kid its really great to get them expensive stuff and watch their faces light up. now im by no means saying spil them, but when the time comes get them great stuff

plus if you have a daughter you want her to rock the best clothes at school of course, have the freshest ride to school.. etc etc ;)

"Amen" was cheesy. "Another World" was cheesy. I do like a fair amount of cheese, but both albums were pretty bad. There, I said it. I have absolutely no expectations for the new album, so perhaps I could be pleasantly surprised.

another world was cheesey?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

dude how can you?

please we must discuss this..

track by track

nilaya.. do i even need to say anything about this track?

another world.. uhhh hmm i cant find the cheese there

in fact i cant find cheese in any of the tracks. how about you define your definition of cheese.. maybe i can understand better where your coming from, but either way we can aree to disgaree but first i need to know what is cheese by pr0fane :)

Different strokes for different fokes. Some ppl like psy, some people like goa, some like both. I absolutely love Another World, but I guess it's over-the-top for some people.

to m e astral are the masters. any mix i ever make or play will at minimal include 1 astral track. even if i listen to wutang clan i still have at least 1 astral track there.

IMO AP never released a cheesy album. Amen was clubby, not cheesy.

As for Another World I believe that was actually the less cheesy AP album. It had a lot of tracks that were darker than the usual AP style and was very spacey.

About the new album... Well, I believe that it's pretty obvious what to expect. I guess it will be in the same style with Amen. A combination of Goa, a touch of full on and melodic prog and clubby atmosphere. As long it has great melodies then I'm ok with that.

As for Another World I believe that was actually the less cheesy AP album. It had a lot of tracks that were darker than the usual AP style and was very spacey.

About the new album... Well, I believe that it's pretty obvious what to expect. I guess it will be in the same style with Amen. A combination of Goa, a touch of full on and melodic prog and clubby atmosphere. As long it has great melodies then I'm ok with that.

Ormion.. think of nilaya the melicia full on remix..

the latest mahadeva remix sounds like that. it made me SICK

Ormion.. think of nilaya the melicia full on remix..

the latest mahadeva remix sounds like that. it made me SICK

Never heard that.

The new Mahadeva is remixed by AP themselves or other artist?

+1

All AP albums are cheesy IMO but this is not neccessarily a bad thing. They know how to make cheesy fun & interesting without going to far into kiddie pop! The runs, the melodies, the samples are all examples of good cheese IMO

All AP albums are cheesy IMO but this is not neccessarily a bad thing. They know how to make cheesy fun & interesting without going to far into kiddie pop! The runs, the melodies, the samples are all examples of good cheese IMO

melodies and samples make cheese i agree..

but i think astral has awesome samples.. and melodies

i would say like a tiesto track is cheese. with the melody and sample

I still havent heard any of Astrals newer stuff, only the 4 GOA albums. Ive got Amen sitting here along with 40 other CDs I still havent listened to yet... Im sure even if it was full-on cheese Id most likely be into it, unless it was full on childish shit and vocoder voices all the time, that bugs me.

Ok..

astral has always been cheezy, that's the main mark of astral projection,

pleace give the guy some goa lessons :P;)

Hey! I see people talking about a new Mahadeva remix. Can anyone post a clip from youtube or something? Haven't heard anything about this mix till now.

I see AP getting hugely flamed at isratrance-forum. I've seen them live twice (And they played 35km's from me at new years eve, had other things to do that night though), and I realy hope that they will release that remix of Cosma on their new album as well. Other than that, I think their new and still unreleased stuff really rocks. I think I've heard 2 unreleased tracks besides from the cosma remix, same style of bass as DJ Condom, really heavy and straight-forward.

Ok, well I can't say any more words to describe how much I'm looking forward to their new album. I'm pretty sure that it will rock!

:huh: Were all the decent DJ names already taken or something?

no DJ condom is the name of a track they made.. they gave out 500? copies with a condom to promote safe sex. i think the dj condom track sounds like a weak ass open society.

i need more goa lessons sideffect.. your right ;)