Happy new year 2oo8

Hallusinaatio

Let me start off by wishing you all a very happy new year :lol:

The year that has just ended was good year.

I wish to thank all fine artists who keep psychedelic scene alive. (especially ultimae records Sync24 and Asura!)

I would like to thank you for this. I would like once again to congratulate you and to wish you all the best. I wish you happiness and well-being!

Happy new year / Bonne année / Feliz año / Gelukkig nu jaar / Snovom godom / to all of you !

To me, 2007 saw a change in the Psytrance scene, somewhat like in 99: movements looking at each other, splitting, sorting, recomposing...

The part of the Psy movement that amazed me the most was the Chill area, with solid labels driven by solid artists :)

The most endendered one was surely Full On which is going more commercial, but on the non-vocal part of it there were very cool releases (Loud, Logic Bomb).

Lots of new groups arrived, lots resurfaced, lots disappeared also... There's a lot of creativity -yes yes I believe it- all around the world, opening new roads in the style and some releases greatly showed it (Younger Brother, Solar Fields)

Last summer was quite a shame regarding festivals. Still lots of cancellations, arrests, organization problems, non-showing artists, or unpaid artists, drugs, etc, etc...the window on our movement looks dirtier as ever. This lack of professionalism is negative on every aspect. Let's hope 2008 will see a curb into drug use, and the return of serious orgnizations.

So, is 2008 the faceilft year for Psytrance ?

Our movement is 13 years old now, it showed it can live long, please everyone make it live longer !!!

Once again, happy new year, and best wishes from Psynews crew

mars, you mentioned drugs, but....oh my, at least here in the states thats what fuels our psy trance culture, or so it appears. The only sober people at parties seems to be the vendors :) and even half of them are somewhere else heehee.

Can't really knock the d-r-u-g-s because they have been and always will be a part of the psy scene, no ifs ands or buts really. but the rest, it all makes sense.

Onward with 2008 and hopefully all those unpaid artists will be paid back with bigger and better gigs this year. I know I wouldn't perform if I could...until I was paid up front. That's like giving a kid a bag of weed and expecting him to return later to pay you for it, uh huh haha

-d

Can't really knock the d-r-u-g-s because they have been and always will be a part of the psy scene, no ifs ands or buts really. but the rest, it all makes sense.

Sorry, I don't agree with that argument.

That's like saying gang violence's been always a part of the hoods and always will be.

It just sounds like a poor excuse to do nothing. I think drugs have been and are a big problem in this scene.

I believe Mars was referring to examples when some organizers don't care about running well organized parties, paying artists etc. Instead they are hoping to get some quick cash to support their drug habit and don't care to take care of their

responsibilities and commitments. I've also heard similar stories about some label managers and other elements of the scene. I believe this is a big problem and the scene is still in big denial.

I'd be very surprised to see this changed in 2008, but there's always hope.

Sorry, I don't agree with that argument.

That's like saying gang violence's been always a part of the hoods and always will be.

It just sounds like a poor excuse to do nothing. I think drugs have been and are a big problem in this scene.

I believe Mars was referring to examples when some organizers don't care about running well organized parties, paying artists etc. Instead they are hoping to get some quick cash to support their drug habit and don't care to take care of their

responsibilities and commitments. I've also heard similar stories about some label managers and other elements of the scene. I believe this is a big problem and the scene is still in big denial.

I'd be very surprised to see this changed in 2008, but there's always hope.

well, if i see psychedelic in reference to anything, the first thing that pops into my mind would be either timothy leary, dennis/terrence mckenna, mushrooms, lsd, amt, dmt, or doc, or some other alternative drug/referenced/individual.

if we're going to see a turn around, it's best to just drop "psychedelic" and get back to calling it "trance" as once was the case. then again, we'll see a huge rise in mdma usage then :-D

-d

I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone, and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge as made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The airplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say, do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Charlie Chaplin

Happy new year

well, if i see psychedelic in reference to anything, the first thing that pops into my mind would be either timothy leary, dennis/terrence mckenna, mushrooms, lsd, amt, dmt, or doc, or some other alternative drug/referenced/individual.

if we're going to see a turn around, it's best to just drop "psychedelic" and get back to calling it "trance" as once was the case. then again, we'll see a huge rise in mdma usage then :-D

-d

Heh drugs in reference to music is a bit different topic :)

I'm talking about drug-heads baked out of their mind, and their frontal lobes controlled by the

substance to such degree that not paying an artist for an album drug-head's label released

or leaving an artist stranded in the middle of nowhere at some festival organized by such drug-head

is perfectly fine as long as the drug-head made some cash to support the habit.

I'm hoping that changes in 2008, but I'm not holding my breath.