Interchill / LSD

Snapinho

Ok, here's the deal... I'm gonna pick up a few albums that I don't have yet, but I really don't wanna get the more ethnic ones. There's a border of cheesiness / ethnicity that I don't like, but there's some albums and compilations that tip to the right side. Dissolving Clouds was a good example of this. Good, deep, dubby chill that doesn't really go wrong (with me, at least). Kumba Mela was an example of the other side, I really didn't like that one.

Elucidations, Wider Horizons, Abakus, Tripswitch (all on LSD) = GOOD!

Sub Signals, Dissolving Clouds, good!

So... what about it? Unity Dub's are not that good, are they? Or am I wrong? Kaya Project and Sons of Arqa, that's exactly the kind of ethnic stuff I'm not looking for.

Did this make any sense? Of course, I realize it's all subjective and relative to taste and blabla, but still... any help would be appreciated! :)

Interchill is very different from LSD imho, dont like much the LSD releases. Interchill has some very nice and calm ambient once. Chillcode is a very good label with great releases.

Agreed and not... thing is there are just a few labels available... LSD and Interchill being two of the major chillout ones. I liked Downbeat Liquid 1 a lot, but Light Aromas was not nearly as good.

I already have that one, and indeed think it's good.

Kaya Project albums, liquid stranger albums was nice, also atstech album

See, Kaya Project is what I didn't like... too ethnic 'psychill' for my taste...

That indeed ^_^

+ Various - Dr. Alex Paterson's Voyage Into Paradise

Ok, Butterfly is also worth it? LX P.'s album is on my wantlist as well, but like Butterfly Dawn not available afaik.

Others on my to buy list are:

The Orb - The Dream - LSD

Liquid Stranger - The Invisible Conquest - Interchill

VA - Devil in the Detail - Interchill

VA - Bioluminescence - Native State

Mr. Rogers - Ooze System - Geomagnetic.tv

Maybe's are...

Krill.minima - Nautica - Native State

Kilowatts - Ground State - Native State

Scorb - Ipso Fvcto

Agreed and not... thing is there are just a few labels available... LSD and Interchill being two of the major chillout ones. I liked Downbeat Liquid 1 a lot, but Light Aromas was not nearly as good.

I already have that one, and indeed think it's good.

See, Kaya Project is what I didn't like... too ethnic 'psychill' for my taste...

Ok, Butterfly is also worth it? LX P.'s album is on my wantlist as well, but like Butterfly Dawn not available afaik.

Others on my to buy list are:

The Orb - The Dream - LSD

Liquid Stranger - The Invisible Conquest - Interchill

VA - Devil in the Detail - Interchill

VA - Bioluminescence - Native State

Mr. Rogers - Ooze System - Geomagnetic.tv

Maybe's are...

Krill.minima - Nautica - Native State

Kilowatts - Ground State - Native State

Scorb - Ipso Fvcto

Devil in the Detail I like. It's got that IDM-ish glitchy feel to it.

You might also like Liquid Dub Vol Seven on LSD.

Devil in the Detail I like. It's got that IDM-ish glitchy feel to it.

You might also like Liquid Dub Vol Seven on LSD.

That's good stuff right there! Try also Interior horizons. That's if you can find any of these that is ;)

another essentail interchill would be VA-13th Moon http://www.discogs.com/release/213444

alone the umberloid track is worth the purchase. it's pretty much the best "psychill" ever so far imo :)

Ah yes, 13th Moon is really nice too. And Butterfly Dawn for me is not that worth chasing, I think I have most tracks at that VA on other albums already, so I wouldn't miss it that much. Dr. Alex's Voyage however... I really want that! :)

And straying somewhat further offtopic... what about the latest Native State releases? I know Abasio dug Rena Jones, but that's not for me... what about krill.minima and kilowatts' releases?

floatation (interchill) maybe a bit too chilly for what you're asking though

Cool, it's on my to-listen list.

Just listened twice to Interior Horizons and it's going straight to my to-buy list. I'm getting my first salary only at the end of january, but I'm already making a nice list to make up for a few months of only buying second-hand discs.