What are you using to sequence with?

tried fruity, reason, logic, pro tools, ableton, sonar, sequel... but cubase sx 3 is by far most universal.. I mean common, steinberg developed VSTs..

Cubase is one of the most hated pieces of software.

It's like windows, everyone keeps complaining about it but they still use it :D

Cubase is one of the most hated pieces of software.

It's like windows, everyone keeps complaining about it but they still use it :D

It's true! :lol:

I've definitely had problems with it, but it's almost always a n00b user problem. The program doesn't dumb itself down to people like Reason does. You have to reinstall it with each upgrade, otherwise it's just not going to work properly. Should that be necessary? I don't know, but it works. The sound is awesome, the flexibility is awesome, once you get the hang of the interface it's awesome. It's got all sorts of little bugs and glitches, it can be deeply frustrating, and it seems to work differently on everyone's computer, which are all either nasty or awesome, depending on how you look at them. Once in a while I hang out at the Cubase message boards, which are a giant and dynamic assortment of problems and praise. It's fascinating.

It's true! :lol:

I've definitely had problems with it, but it's almost always a n00b user problem. The program doesn't dumb itself down to people like Reason does. You have to reinstall it with each upgrade, otherwise it's just not going to work properly. Should that be necessary? I don't know, but it works. The sound is awesome, the flexibility is awesome, once you get the hang of the interface it's awesome. It's got all sorts of little bugs and glitches, it can be deeply frustrating, and it seems to work differently on everyone's computer, which are all either nasty or awesome, depending on how you look at them. Once in a while I hang out at the Cubase message boards, which are a giant and dynamic assortment of problems and praise. It's fascinating.

what Per says goes for me as well :)

For some reason I've been stuck on the old-style trackers since Impulse... Back in the day... IDK something about them has always sung to the computer nerd in me... And I've found nothing to complain about, regarding Renoise! Great sound, and if I chose to bother, even ASIO. Not bad for 50 euro!

The newest version has so many new, fun, happy, great tools... Only a breath away from v2.0... Something about these progs, IDK, I've always loved the fact that they're either totally free, or as in teh case of Renoise, progressively improving. And w/ Renoise, all of us users get a say in what we want to see in the next version! Its kinda like watching a favorite TV show, eagerly awaiting the next episode... What will the hero do this time?

What do you think? I've really been enjoying getting to know it over the past few months. Then again, SX is probably very similar, no? I find there are minor things that bug me about C4, like some things not being entirely precise, but for the most part it's a dream compared to Reason. What are you using for drums? I'm getting a bit tired of depending on the Halion.

Sorry i just saw your post.

I'm really loving Cubase 4, i couldn't go back to SX 3 now. I especially love being able to drag inserts & the new channel eq's. This saves me from loading an individual eq plugin just for high/low passing stuff.

I mostly make my own drum rhythms using individual audio samples. Sometimes i use background loops from sample cd's or stylus rmx to add to the groove. Haven't really gotten into the Cubase 4 synths yet, as i get plenty of sounds from my Virus TI.

The only thing that is bugging me about C4 is that sometimes notes are being dropped at random. This means you have to go back & re-bounce that part again which is a bit tedious. Other than that i love it.

First

Go HERE and it will all be CLEAR..

Second

Use Cubase.SX.v3.1.1.944. (H2O of course)

No problems..

Windows XP PRO 32 bit..

No crashes..

Ultimate.

No comparison..

PRO..

Of course, you will need Adobe Audition 3 with it for audio purposes..

Also no comparison..

Everyone who has worked on most of DAWs will claim it and most of the studios have it beside Pro tools and Logic..

I doubt there is some studio with FL, or Magix Music maker for instance.. Now Im not saying those are bad progs, theyre fun but just not.. PRO